ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the latest...

It's a Washington newspaper. It's what their readers want to hear. Keep up.
Just like all garbage from the Big 12 homer papers that you suck up. You don't like what I say because its not what you wanna here. Problem for you is what the Pac 12 folks have been saying is actually happening.

Just like all garbage from the Big 12 homer papers that you suck up. You don't like what I say because its not what you wanna here. Problem for you is what the Pac 12 folks have been saying is actually happening.
1) What you wrote made me have a stroke. it's a message board, but at least try to write above a 3rd grade level.
2) Show me all the articles I put up here. I'll wait.
3) Is ASU going to say, "Yeah, we just got out of a Google Meets huddle with the Big 12.!?" The PAC 12 writers are going to be told jack and shit....and Jack just left town.

1) What you wrote made me have a stroke. it's a message board, but at least try to write above a 3rd grade level.
2) Show me all the articles I put up here. I'll wait.
3) Is ASU going to say, "Yeah, we just got out of a Google Meets huddle with the Big 12.!?" The PAC 12 writers are going to be told jack and shit....and Jack just left town.
Show me a Big 12 homer article that's been right? For weeks the Big 10 has been saying in one way or another they weren't expanding. Show me one that says they were. The fact is the Pac 12 teams aren't leaving for the Big 12. There not jumping off the deck of the Titanic to land on the deck of the titanic. It you had something higher than a 3rd grade IQ would you see which way the tea leaves are going.

I wish I had a 3rd grade IQ when I read that earlier post. Ignorance would have been bliss.

I don't try to fix stupid. I already have a full time job.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I wish I had a 3rd grade IQ when I read that earlier post. Ignorance would have been bliss.

I don't try to fix stupid. I already have a full time job.
I have been reading your posts for years. You have made some of the stupidest comments of any poster. I remember the time when the Big 12 hired Oliver Luck as a consultant and you mentioned that Luck should be working on side deals for Wvu. If he got caught doing that he would be in big legal trouble. Only a moron like you wouldn't understand why.

It isn't dependent on the B10 completely.

If ESPN says to ASU...."if you stay in the PAC 12 you are getting $28M/year at best, but if you and AU, CU and Utah are part of the Big 12 then they will bump up to $40M/yr" If that happens, do you remotely believe they are going to stay and wait 2 years (or more) for the B10? Hell no. The Big 10 has clearly stated what programs they feel will "bring value." It's equally obvious that the ACC is one move from being the AAC and those leftovers will be knocking down the B12s door. Do they risk being completely left out?

The B10 has power, but money talks and the Big10 ain't cutting checks. If ESPN is out of the B10 sweepstakes do you not think that might motivate them to push Oregon and Washington to the Big 12? Why wouldn't they?!?

1) The lead guy working the TV deal for the Big 12 is a former ESPN guy.
2) ESPN is likely pissed at the Big 10 as they had a huge role in their current status/leverage.
3) Moving Oregon to the Big 12 gives ESPN and the Big 12 some leverage if the Big 10 and SEC are going to leave the NCAA. It would be another "Pro" to bringing the B12 along. Do you think ESPN wants to give a 10 year big $$ contract to the Big 12 if they are relegated to the D League in 5 years? F$&k no.
If ESPN could afford it, they could calm things down by putting some serious cash into the B12 and ACC TV contracts via renegotiation. If the payout got to say $75 million per year perhaps there wouldn’t such an urgent push to leave and blow up existing conferences. And they could get some inventory secured.

But would ESPN really pay any more than they had to? Probably not unless they were to lose more to another network. All along, the TV $$ have been the driving force for realignment. JMHO, but I can’t imagine the PAC 12 or ACC surviving at less than $30 million per year.

Last edited:
Notre Dame - will be interesting to see what they do. The ACC is likely going to have schools challenging that GOR before 14 years is up- and that means that raft for ND other sports would be gone. The Big Ten revenues aren’t going to be anywhere in the lower ballpark of ACC payouts to ND, they would earn so much more that ACC spinners can’t continue with the “ well it’s only a few million more than us” spin any longer. Plus the ESPn jewel SEC has really few places to go except to the ACC to try to catch up to the superior Big Ten. But if NBC won’t pay ND then ESPN might. Of course Fox could weigh in with Notre Dame and NBC.

No Idea what they’ll do but it’s about the money and perceived power for them as well.
ND athletic director had a zoom press conference today where he took questions that were screened by the athletic department and presented to Swarbrick. Thus he had time read/think before answering, and Swarbrick being an attorney was very precise in what he said.

I watched it and here is a short summary of what he said:

(1) The Big10 and SEC have clearly separated themselves from the rest of college athletics.

(2) Restated that Notre Dame's desire is to still stay independent in football. The two keys are a media partner for their home games that provide them enough money to stay competitive with the Big10 and SEC, and a clear access to the playoffs.

(3) Then he stated a 3rd thing that has been overlooked by the media who covered this press conference. Knowing Swarbrick, he would have a purpose in stating this. He mentioned travel for his non-revenue programs, and how difficult it has been for the student-athletes to make those long trips for games against ACC opponents. He then said this has to be ADDRESSED.

Again, Swarbrick is an attorney and doesn't say anything without a purpose behind it. He stressed that this travel for non-revenue sports has to be addressed. And to me there are only two ways to address this concern:

(1) Join the Big10. South Bend is located within a 1-4 hour bus ride from Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois, and Iowa. South Bend is also just a short plane ride to Minnesota, Penn State and Nebraska. The only long flights are to UCLA, USC, Rutgers and Maryland.

(2) Stay independent in football and park basketball and the non-revenue sports in the Big East.

If ND is to jump to the Big10, look for Swarbrick to bring out his "concern for this student athletes" card.

Reactions: skygusty
I have been reading your posts for years. You have made some of the stupidest comments of any poster. I remember the time when the Big 12 hired Oliver Luck as a consultant and you mentioned that Luck should be working on side deals for Wvu. If he got caught doing that he would be in big legal trouble. Only a moron like you wouldn't understand why.
Dude. I wish you understood how the world works.
I do appreciate the somewhat creepy fan appreciation though.

Speaking of creepy....no more personal photos in my inbox please. I don't go that way.

Suggestion? Just because you can wear speedos doesn't mean you should.

If ESPN could afford it, they could calm things down by putting some serious cash into the B12 and ACC TV contracts via renegotiation. If the payout got to say $75 million per year perhaps there wouldn’t such an urgent push to leave and blow up existing conferences. And they could get some inventory secured.

But would ESPN really pay any more than they had to? Probably not unless they were to lose more to another network. All along, the TV $$ have been the driving force for realignment. JMHO, but I can’t imagine the PAC 12 or ACC surviving at less than $30 million per year.
They can't. That's the idea. Make a straight up destabilizing offer. Peel off what they want and discard the rest. Regardless of their relationship before, I think they will do the same to the ACC. People in Iowa will watch a good AZ team. Will they watch Oregon State? Far less likely. Boston College? Hardly.

I think they will strip those two conferences for parts and get this down to 60 teams max and then those programs flip the NCAA the bird by 2030.

ND athletic director had a zoom press conference today where he took questions that were screened by the athletic department and presented to Swarbrick. Thus he had time read/think before answering, and Swarbrick being an attorney was very precise in what he said.

I watched it and here is a short summary of what he said:

(1) The Big10 and SEC have clearly separated themselves from the rest of college athletics.

(2) Restated that Notre Dame's desire is to still stay independent in football. The two keys are a media partner for their home games that provide them enough money to stay competitive with the Big10 and SEC, and a clear access to the playoffs.

(3) Then he stated a 3rd thing that has been overlooked by the media who covered this press conference. Knowing Swarbrick, he would have a purpose in stating this. He mentioned travel for his non-revenue programs, and how difficult it has been for the student-athletes to make those long trips for games against ACC opponents. He then said this has to be ADDRESSED.

Again, Swarbrick is an attorney and doesn't say anything without a purpose behind it. He stressed that this travel for non-revenue sports has to be addressed. And to me there are only two ways to address this concern:

(1) Join the Big10. South Bend is located within a 1-4 hour bus ride from Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois, and Iowa. South Bend is also just a short plane ride to Minnesota, Penn State and Nebraska. The only long flights are to UCLA, USC, Rutgers and Maryland.

(2) Stay independent in football and park basketball and the non-revenue sports in the Big East.

If ND is to jump to the Big10, look for Swarbrick to bring out his "concern for this student athletes" card.
Thanks for the update. Very interesting. Saw earlier today that zoom was scheduled.

I just read an article that said WVU, Miami, VT, Pitt, BC, Notre Dame finally, and a few others are all working out a deal to join the Big East and bring back football. It was a good read.

Reactions: sammyk
Last I saw on Joe Pa was he did want that conference but that PSU commanded a bigger share of the $$.
Yup. Instead he got to see his program go from a top 5 national powerhouse to at best a top 5 team in the Big 10

What could
Have been

Penn St
Pittsburgh
WVU
Miami
Syracuse
Boston college
Rutgers
Virginia Tech
Notre Dame****

add ons
Cincy
Louisville
UCF
Navy
Army

maybes
Maryland
UCONN
Memphis
ECU

Where did you read that
It's common knowledge for the more "seasoned" folks here. Articles allude to it but won't flat out explain what that pie would look like.

My guess? PSU would have gotten 2 shares and the rest get (guessing here) a 0.9 share or some other bullshit like that.

If Paterno didn't insult Pitt like that, the deal would have gone through. Paterno might have been able to get Notre Dame on board. He had that much swag (pre-Sandusky).

What could
Have been

Penn St
Pittsburgh
WVU
Miami
Syracuse
Boston college
Rutgers
Virginia Tech
Notre Dame****

add ons
Cincy
Louisville
UCF
Navy
Army

maybes
Maryland
UCONN
Memphis
ECU
I remember reading in the paper years ago that discussions were happening for PSU, FSU, WVU, South Carolina, Syracuse, BC, Rutgers, Temple, ND, Miami- VT wasn’t as much as a name back then so don’t remember if they were a part, Louisville and Cincy were also a bit down the food chain. But Joe Pa destroyed that- being the Texas of the East then.

I remember reading in the paper years ago that discussions were happening for PSU, FSU, WVU, South Carolina, Syracuse, BC, Rutgers, Temple, ND, Miami- VT wasn’t as much as a name back then so don’t remember if they were a part, Louisville and Cincy were also a bit down the food chain. But Joe Pa destroyed that- being the Texas of the East then.
You would be wrong on your information as usual. That would be Pitt that screwed that entire deal for an eastern conference. They joined the Big East in basketball and said screw you to everyone else. Had nothing to do with Joe. PSU got frustrated over Pitt wanting basketball more than football. Pitt also blocked PSU from joining Big East basketball which would have helped the Big East football conference side. Pitt screwed everyone so PSU gave up and applied to Big 10.

ND, UC, UL, South Carolina, Cincinnati were not even in the discussions. VT had a good run under Beamer but they were nothing before him or after him.

Dude. I wish you understood how the world works.
I do appreciate the somewhat creepy fan appreciation though.

Speaking of creepy....no more personal photos in my inbox please. I don't go that way.

Suggestion? Just because you can wear speedos doesn't mean you should.
You haven't got a clue of how the world works. You're a 1st rate moron. I like the time that Vernon bitch slapped you for stating that Brown and Lyons were friends.

You haven't got a clue of how the world works. You're a 1st rate moron. I like the time that Vernon bitch slapped you for stating that Brown and Lyons were friends.
I'll take your word for that one. Either you're doing a deep dive into my old posts (creepy) or you have a small shrine in my honor in your bedroom closet complete with candles and printouts of my greatest posts (Restraining order material).

Assuming the second since you seem like a straight up perv, how exactly do you compile a SteelEER Greatest Hits when all my posts are pretty brilliant? It must have taken weeks to decide even on a top thousand for me.

You get an "A" for not only the effort and for the easily assumed (non-voluntary) celibacy that it would take for you to stalk me to such a degree. If your worship of me wasn't so fu@king creepy I would be flattered.

It's common knowledge for the more "seasoned" folks here. Articles allude to it but won't flat out explain what that pie would look like.

My guess? PSU would have gotten 2 shares and the rest get (guessing here) a 0.9 share or some other bullshit like that.

If Paterno didn't insult Pitt like that, the deal would have gone through. Paterno might have been able to get Notre Dame on board. He had that much swag (pre-Sandusky).
So, random thought of the day related to your post. Which schools would take a 50% share just to join the SEC or the BIG? Once the networks all collude to take all the high level teams from the ACC, PAC and BIG12, what power do the leftovers have, really? 50% of the BIG and the SEC is probably way more than what will be offered to the leftovers. How long before current BIG and SEC member are told, "Show a winning conference record or take a 50% share". Hey it is all just a business right?

So, random thought of the day related to your post. Which schools would take a 50% share just to join the SEC or the BIG? Once the networks all collude to take all the high level teams from the ACC, PAC and BIG12, what power do the leftovers have, really? 50% of the BIG and the SEC is probably way more than what will be offered to the leftovers. How long before current BIG and SEC member are told, "Show a winning conference record or take a 50% share". Hey it is all just a business right?
Equally funny? If ESPN pretty much said to the SEC, "if you get rid of Vandy we'll raise everyone else's share by $2M per team."
It will be interesting to see how the dead weight programs in the Big 10 and SEC are handled if they move on from the NCAA. Personally I'd clean it up by making a minimum investment in facilities a requirement to stay on. Less invested programs (Illinois, Vandy, Indiana, Purdue) will drop off.
some of these programs absolutely cannot get in while Oklahoma State and Oregon would be left out.

It isn't dependent on the B10 completely.

If ESPN says to ASU...."if you stay in the PAC 12 you are getting $28M/year at best, but if you and AU, CU and Utah are part of the Big 12 then they will bump up to $40M/yr" If that happens, do you remotely believe they are going to stay and wait 2 years (or more) for the B10? Hell no. The Big 10 has clearly stated what programs they feel will "bring value." It's equally obvious that the ACC is one move from being the AAC and those leftovers will be knocking down the B12s door. Do they risk being completely left out?

The B10 has power, but money talks and the Big10 ain't cutting checks. If ESPN is out of the B10 sweepstakes do you not think that might motivate them to push Oregon and Washington to the Big 12? Why wouldn't they?!?

1) The lead guy working the TV deal for the Big 12 is a former ESPN guy.
2) ESPN is likely pissed at the Big 10 as they had a huge role in their current status/leverage.
3) Moving Oregon to the Big 12 gives ESPN and the Big 12 some leverage if the Big 10 and SEC are going to leave the NCAA. It would be another "Pro" to bringing the B12 along. Do you think ESPN wants to give a 10 year big $$ contract to the Big 12 if they are relegated to the D League in 5 years? F$&k no.
Steelereer gets it. AU, AZST, CU, UTAH ..... make the choice. $28M with PAC or $40M with B12.
B12 can then wait for the collapse of the ACC to pick off 4 more to get to 20.
B12 will never get toSEC, B1G money. They CAN be the best of the next level.
PAC east up taking MWC teams. ACC pilfers AAC and Sunbelt to stay relevant.

Reactions: steeleer
Looky...the anti Christian bigot Tylerite...in reality Tylerwrong...makes another pot stirring post! What an imbecile.

You would be wrong on your information as usual. That would be Pitt that screwed that entire deal for an eastern conference. They joined the Big East in basketball and said screw you to everyone else. Had nothing to do with Joe. PSU got frustrated over Pitt wanting basketball more than football. Pitt also blocked PSU from joining Big East basketball which would have helped the Big East football conference side. Pitt screwed everyone so PSU gave up and applied to Big 10.

ND, UC, UL, South Carolina, Cincinnati were not even in the discussions. VT had a good run under Beamer but they were nothing before him or after him.
Correct. sPitt and IIRC Cuse blocked any Eastern FB conference well before the BE brought in FB. That is when PSU left. Then it was Miami demanding the BE expand FB reach. Tranghassole with Gavitt influence said NO bowing to the Catholic BB schools. BE FB destruction was imminent.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT