ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Here's the full quote from Brown

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
"You would know the vibe more than I would just because I'm not on social media. I get that they want to win, but what I would say is, did they have a good time? You know what I mean? Like, did they enjoy it? It was a pretty good atmosphere. You know, I'm assuming they had probably had a pretty good time tailgating. So if they're in the deal for enjoyment, then I would come back because I looked at the weather. It's going to be nice again. It's a night game. And so, and we need them to provide a home field advantage. We need them.

I get they're frustrated that we didn't win. You know, we played a tough schedule. You know, everybody that's beat us hasn't lost. All right. But that's no excuse. That's just the truth. And the games in our league are going to come down to the fourth quarter. And I don't think this one on Saturday is going to be any different. So we need them to help us.

I do get their frustration, but I don't think it's, when you watch our product, I don't think the product is something that they should be, other than the outcome. Like our kids play hard. That was a really physical football game on Saturday. There's a lot of West Virginia kids out there spilling it out. And so there was clear strain, clear physicality. It was an entertaining football game. If you're a football fan, you're just watching that. It's pretty entertaining. We just didn't play well enough to win. And so I hope with that in mind, they would come back for another entertaining game that hopefully we can play better at the end and win."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.