ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Here is what the Big 12 says on Harris

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
The Big 12 Conference announces a public reprimand of West Virginia University student-athlete Wesley Harris for striking a court-storming fan following the conclusion of Saturday’s WVU at Texas Tech men’s basketball game. His action is in violation of the Big 12 Conference’s Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct rules.

“We must ensure that a safe environment is provided for players, coaches, game officials and fans,” said Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby. “Although the post-game environment did not live up to our expectations, Mr. Harris intentionally striking a fan is contrary to the Conference’s Sportsmanship standards.”

Reactions: lil2coupe
The Big 12 Conference announces a public reprimand of West Virginia University student-athlete Wesley Harris for striking a court-storming fan following the conclusion of Saturday’s WVU at Texas Tech men’s basketball game. His action is in violation of the Big 12 Conference’s Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct rules.

“We must ensure that a safe environment is provided for players, coaches, game officials and fans,” said Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby. “Although the post-game environment did not live up to our expectations, Mr. Harris intentionally striking a fan is contrary to the Conference’s Sportsmanship standards.”
So is he suspended?

I would hope that this is as far as it goes. This child like court storming by fans should cease before there is a serious injury...and that goes for WVU fans as well. Train hard. Play hard. Win or lose with dignity. Move on.

Just a reminder that WVU is the kings of storming the court. We have routinely stormed even when favored. One year I think it happened 3 times in one season.

Reactions: theSeanDon
I wouldn't be surprised if Huggs does something more than just a reprimand. With Esa back, too, sitting him for a few games won't hurt too much......and not announcing it before the KU game would be good gamesmanship by having KU prepare for a full roster. Again, complete speculation on my part but I can see Huggs doing a little more than just a verbal reprimand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT