ADVERTISEMENT

Here is the first Tesla 3.

Op2

All-Conference
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2014
Since EVs have their engines in back (between the rear wheels) maybe the front seats can be pushed up further in the car. I mean, if I didn't know this was an EV and I looked at it I'd probably think, "Gee, there's not much room for the engine.

Also, note that for aerodynamics the door handles don't stick out from the side of the car. I think you it a button and they pop out and you grab it and open the door and then it pops back in when you drive.

DERHYrbW0AAtBFB.jpg:large

Hey Op, how long ago did you send Musk your Model 3 deposit ?? Or, did you reserve more than one ???

Hey Op, how long ago did you send Musk your Model 3 deposit ?? Or, did you reserve more than one ???

I have an older used car and I don't drive enough to merit getting a newer used car, much less an actual new car. So no, I'm not going to buy a Tesla Model 3 because I'm not going to buy any car.

But some people do buy new cars and those are the ones that will decide what they want to buy.

Last edited:
I have an older used car and I don't drive enough to merit getting a newer used car, much less an actual new car. So now, I'm not going to buy a Tesla Model 3 because I'm not going to buy any car.

But some people do buy new cars and those are the ones that will decide what they want to buy.
I'll be honest, if I lived in Cali still, I'd have bought a Tesla. They had charging stations everywhere out there. I need my truck though now that I'm back in to the fishing life.

I'll be honest, if I lived in Cali still, I'd have bought a Tesla.

Why ??

While I do recognize the extent to which Tesla leads the industry with their Supercharger network......and which certainly WOULD seem to represent a compelling factor in evaluating the basic idea of EV ownership......why is it I find myself skeptical you'd even remotely consider an EV from another Company (and I don't just mean the Detroit 3) beyond Tesla ??

In other words, am I correct in assuming you're FAR more interested in owning a TESLA than you are an EV ?? Meanwhile, back to the other point you made, I do wonder who'll be the first to try and tackle the first EV pickup.

Why ??

While I do recognize the extent to which Tesla leads the industry with their Supercharger network......and which certainly WOULD seem to represent a compelling factor in evaluating the basic idea of EV ownership......why is it I find myself skeptical you'd even remotely consider an EV from another Company (and I don't just mean the Detroit 3) beyond Tesla ??

In other words, am I correct in assuming you're FAR more interested in owning a TESLA than you are an EV ?? Meanwhile, back to the other point you made, I do wonder who'll be the first to try and tackle the first EV pickup.

I don't know if other companies are developing EV pickup trucks but Tesla is, as well as an EV semi-truck.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/tesla-building-pickup-semi-truck-n746611

While the initial Model 3s produced will only have a single motor in the rear, Tesla also plans on producing a dual motor version (one in the front, one in the rear) a few months down the road. But they do take up less space, which allows for the shortened hood.

Also worth noting that while the Model S and Model X have self-presenting door handles, the Model 3 does not.
maxresdefault.jpg

Why ??

I drove a Camry Hybrib when I lived out there. That was before Tesla though. If Tesla hadn't come along, my next was going to be a Prius. I do buy quality balanced with desire, but I'm the last person you'd ever accuse of making purchases with other people's opinions in mind. It's actually a running joke within the circles of my friends about how little care I give to image and opinions of those around me. If I want something, I buy it.

I drove a Camry Hybrib when I lived out there. That was before Tesla though. If Tesla hadn't come along, my next was going to be a Prius. I do buy quality balanced with desire, but I'm the last person you'd ever accuse of making purchases with other people's opinions in mind. It's actually a running joke within the circles of my friends about how little care I give to image and opinions of those around me. If I want something, I buy it.

Same here. I'm the last to thump the tree hugging bible, but our Prius was a great great car.

Now that I've gotten old.... I'm driving the Buick.

While the initial Model 3s produced will only have a single motor in the rear, Tesla also plans on producing a dual motor version (one in the front, one in the rear) a few months down the road. But they do take up less space, which allows for the shortened hood.

Also worth noting that while the Model S and Model X have self-presenting door handles, the Model 3 does not.
maxresdefault.jpg

The motor in the back is between the back wheels, rather than in the trunk like a VW Beetle. My guess is that that means that when they put a motor in the front it will be between the front wheels and the empty space in the frunk front trumk) will still exist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT