ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a piece on Trump & poltical correctness that I think mostly hits nail on the head. Link. *

ok, what does your party RESPECT ?

and what is your party COURTEOUS about ?

lol...

so full of shit...

Reactions: 30CAT
To be clear, I think it's not a good situation we're in where the POTUS and his staff say crazy stuff but the article I linked to is an explanation for it and why it may be necessary in our current climate. I'd much prefer a situation where (a) people can say whatever they want and (b) higher ups like the POTUS refrain from saying certain things out of a sense of decorum and because they're public representatives.

I think this might be like a case of Whack-a-Mole. If you knock something down here it will just pop up somewhere else. People should be able to say what they want and if you don't let them then they'll elect a politician to do it for them.

Congratulations! You are in the party that disparages POWs and Gold Star families. I’m in the party that still believes in respect and courtesy.
Ummmm, do you think there no POWs and Gold Star families that are “deplorable”? You voted for someone who shit on half the nation...hahaha

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Hate to say this ....but just because a person served his country does not discount them as being a low life pos...i have 2 cousins that served & I wouldn't piss on them if they was on fire ....& my real father did 3 tours in Vietnam & he was a wife & kid beater (he didn't raise me )

Congratulations! You are in the party that disparages POWs and Gold Star families. I’m in the party that still believes in respect and courtesy.
[pfftt]o_O...so...you've been guzzeling the radoactive Fukishima waste water...got it.Figures that you're of the same "mindset" of you Cali heroes. CHUG ON,BY ALL MEANS![jumpingsmile][roll]

Ummmm, do you think there no POWs and Gold Star families that are “deplorable”? You voted for someone who shit on half the nation...hahaha
Have you ever heard that one of the reasons McCain is against torture is because it works and he was referred to as "Song bird, John?" He sang like a canary during his captivity.

Have you ever heard that one of the reasons McCain is against torture is because it works and he was referred to as "Song bird, John?" He sang like a canary during his captivity.

I've never heard that but regardless of whether it's true I don't think it's fair for anyone that hasn't been tortured to bring it up, which includes all of us.

Reactions: countryroads89
Everyone sings, it’s only a matter of time. It doesn’t even take torture to break most people.

You’ll not see me say anything negative about McCain beyond my disappointment in his behavior within the last year. I find it beneath him that he has allowed personal offenses to cloud his decision making.

Everyone sings, it’s only a matter of time. It doesn’t even take torture to break most people.

You’ll not see me say anything negative about McCain beyond my disappointment in his behavior within the last year. I find it beneath him that he has allowed personal offenses to cloud his decision making.

He benefited from his grandfather, dad being an admiral. He would never have been a fighter pilot with his poor standing in his class.

He benefited from his grandfather, dad being an admiral. He would never have been a fighter pilot with his poor standing in his class.

I don't know if that's true, it may be, but if so at least he used his connections to do something that put himself in more danger rather than to take himself out of danger.

I don't know if that's true, it may be, but if so at least he used his connections to do something that put himself in more danger rather than to take himself out of danger.
He crashed one jet, written up for hot dogging another time and was part of the problem on the USS Forestal that killed over a 100 sailors. His was cleared but since he was the son and grandson of two admirals, you can figure that out too.

He crashed one jet, written up for hot dogging another time and was part of the problem on the USS Forestal that killed over a 100 sailors. His was cleared but since he was the son and grandson of two admirals, you can figure that out too.

Yeah, but at least he used his pull to become a pilot rather than to lounge on the beach. Trump's old man was rich and I'm sure he could've gotten Trump into some kind of military somewhere. Even W at least joined the National Guard.

This makes me think..if Carter and Bush Sr go (and both are in their 90s) there will be no current or former POTUS that was was a full fledged member of the military. It'll only be W in the National Guard. Of course, this is unless they make it until 2021 and someone else wins the 2020 election.

He "graduated" 3rd from the BOTTOM!!...He wouldn't make it as a pilot,but he rode his daddy's coattails...

Yeah, but at least he used his pull to become a pilot rather than to lounge on the beach. Trump's old man was rich and I'm sure he could've gotten Trump into some kind of military somewhere. Even W at least joined the National Guard.

This makes me think..if Carter and Bush Sr go (and both are in their 90s) there will be no current or former POTUS that was was a full fledged member of the military. It'll only be W in the National Guard. Of course, this is unless they make it until 2021 and someone else wins the 2020 election.
A poor pilot is what he was.

He "graduated" 3rd from the BOTTOM!!...He wouldn't make it as a pilot,but he rode his daddy's coattails...
It's a shame that both he and trump developed such an animosity toward each other. I'm sure that it stuck in McCain's crawl that Trump won and he lost. McCain really hurt the country when he voted to not repeal the ACA.

A poor pilot is what he was.

If he was a poor pilot then that's all the more danger he put himself in (at a time when future Presidents like Clinton and Bush Jr and Trump were doing what they could to stay away from danger).

It's a shame that both he and trump developed such an animosity toward each other. I'm sure that it stuck in McCain's crawl that Trump won and he lost. McCain really hurt the country when he voted to not repeal the ACA.

You gotta admit, "He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured, I like people that weren't captured" is a helluva negative note to start on though.

You gotta admit, "He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured, I like people that weren't captured" is a helluva negative note to start on though.
Yes it was. Both guys did not like each other. In the end, McCain hurt his country that he swore an oath to defend.

If he was a poor pilot then that's all the more danger he put himself in (at a time when future Presidents like Clinton and Bush Jr and Trump were doing what they could to stay away from danger).
134 sailors died on the Forrestal. He's not the only one who suffered.

Yes it was. Both guys did not like each other. In the end, McCain hurt his country that he swore an oath to defend.

McCain has done a lot for his country. I think you're just picking the things you don't like and saying he hurt his country. I don't even know exactly what you mean but if it's a certain vote in Congress then I don't think that counts as "hurting your country" since if it did everyone in Congress could constantly be considered to be hurting their country by some segment of the population.

Not all men serve honorably, dick head.

Exhibit A
AP_18039536424409_c0-223-5340-3336_s885x516.jpg

Reactions: countryroads89
McCain has done a lot for his country. I think you're just picking the things you don't like and saying he hurt his country. I don't even know exactly what you mean but if it's a certain vote in Congress then I don't think that counts as "hurting your country" since if it did everyone in Congress could constantly be considered to be hurting their country by some segment of the population.
He had the chance to cast the deciding vote on repealing the ACA, he voted thumbs down. If you believe in liberty and freedom, that is a vote against that.

He had the chance to cast the deciding vote on repealing the ACA, he voted thumbs down. If you believe in liberty and freedom, that is a vote against that.

Okay, so everyone in Congress that voted against repealing the ACA hurt their country according to you and everyone else that doesn't like the ACA. And everyone in Congress that voted for repealing the ACA tried to hurt their country according to everyone that likes the ACA.

But that was in a shithole country. Still count?
Vietnam cleaned up. It's not as much a shit hole country as Africa and the middle east but close. Usually immigrants from Asia do much better here than other immigrants from south of our border and East of our border.

Okay, so everyone in Congress that voted against repealing the ACA hurt their country according to you and everyone else that doesn't like the ACA. And everyone in Congress that voted for repealing the ACA tried to hurt their country according to everyone that likes the ACA.
The ACA is not liked by 67% of the country. It only increased medicaid which only increases government dependency and creates more lower class areas in a state or city.

But that was in a shithole country. Still count?
McCain was shot down by a shit hole country. He couldn't fly well enough to avoid a shit hole shooter. By the way, most of his injuries were the result of him hitting his wing when he ejected. Until now, I never had a problem with McCain. I hope that his turn in philosophy is a direct result of glioblastoma. One tough hombre when it comes to brain csncer.

The ACA is not liked by 67% of the country. It only increased medicaid which only increases government dependency and creates more lower class areas in a state or city.

That's funny, the polls I look up have it ballpark 50-50 on those with an opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT