ADVERTISEMENT

Herd on national TV Friday night

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
Maybe the cousins will tune in, as well as Hogo, in hopes of seeing how defense is played.

Of course, maybe we don't want Hogo & Company watching, as that will reinforce them to not want to play the Herd.

Maybe the cousins will tune in, as well as Hogo, in hopes of seeing how defense is played.

Of course, maybe we don't want Hogo & Company watching, as that will reinforce them to not want to play the Herd.

I may tune in provided that I don't forget since I don't normally associate Friday nights with college football. Thanks for the reminder, and I don't blame you for being so excited that seven weeks into the season the Herd finally gets a game on real TV........even if it is on a night when most people will be attending their local HS football games.

You guys still playing football down there? I guess I don't follow facebook live to see college football games so its understandable why I missed your games.

I herd Mr Cartoon will do the coin toss......Friday Night West Virginia High School Football.....Martinsburg would kick marshal's tail....hell St Marys would probably be ahead at halftime[roll]

Defense and Special Teams...but wish the Cousins well as they venture into Waco....keep a good eye on the Cheerleaders!

The last time his team only scored 69 on the the turds. Do you think the turds could hold us under 70 this year?

The last time his team only scored 69 on the the turds. Do you think the turds could hold us under 70 this year?

Louisville hung 59 on them last year and they may as well have put the pads away for the rest of the season. We hung 69 on them the last time we played them and our current offense is more potent than that one was. Truth be told, they don't want anything to do with WVU football or basketball, here or at their place and that's why they insist on terms they know we'd never accept. It seems they aren't ready for prime time, or big boy sports.

Last edited:
Louisville hung 59 on them last year and they may as well have put the pads away for the rest of the season. We hung 69 on them the last time we played them and our current offense is more potent than that one was. Truth be told, they don't want anything to do with WVU football or basketball, here or at their place and that's why they insist on terms they know we'd never accept. It seems they aren't ready for prime time, or big boy sports.
Send the contract for the same deal you give mighty ECU and we'll sign! How long has it been since we played...5 years?

Send the contract for the same deal you give mighty ECU and we'll sign! How long has it been since we played...5 years?

Sorry ole boy........we've got more of a history with ECU than we have with Marshall, and a whole lot more respect for them.

I can understand your frustration being that Marshall is only attracting an average of 24,000 fans this year. But that's your problem........it's not up to us to come in there and fill up your stadium.

I can understand your frustration being that Marshall is only attracting an average of 24,000 fans this year. But that's your problem........it's not up to us to come in there and fill up your stadium.
That would be 12,000 more than ECU will draw
That would be 12,000 more than ECU will draw for their next home game! Why don't you chicken shits find some "sand" and try us rather than the Butt Pirates!

That would be 12,000 more than ECU will draw

That would be 12,000 more than ECU will draw for their next home game! Why don't you chicken shits find some "sand" and try us rather than the Butt Pirates!

I beg to differ. Even with the miserable season they are having this year they are still averaging 34,000 plus for their home games.......and I'd venture a guess that we will fill their stadium to its 50,000 capacity when we give them a return game. Lots of West Virginia people and lots of WVU alumni that live in the Greenville area deserve to see their team on the road.

I beg to differ. Even with the miserable season they are having this year they are still averaging 34,000 plus for their home games.......and I'd venture a guess that we will fill their stadium to its 50,000 capacity when we give them a return game. Lots of West Virginia people and lots of WVU alumni that live in the Greenville area deserve to see their team on the road.
Hahahahahahahaahh, I saw the ECU-Temple tilt , watched until I got a bellyache from laughing so hard! They announced the crowd at 31,000 but not enough people there to start a good fight! Went to the Louisville- BC game last Saturday with a announced crowd of 44,000....maybe half that actually there. I put more stock in N. Korean statements than I do announced attendance from schools.

......... I put more stock in N. Korean statements than I do announced attendance from schools...

So you're saying that Marshall is inflating attendance numbers with their average of 24,000 ? I kind of figured so too.

One thing for certain, there will be 50,000 in the stands when we return the game at ECU. That's the benefit of knowing how to successfully negotiate scheduling matters, something Marshall's AD staff knows nothing about.

So you're saying that Marshall is inflating attendance numbers with their average of 24,000 ? I kind of figured so too.

One thing for certain, there will be 50,000 in the stands when we return the game at ECU. That's the benefit of knowing how to successfully negotiate scheduling matters, something Marshall's AD staff knows nothing about.
No, all schools report how many tickets sold not a fanny in seat count. But MU traditionally doesn't have a large number of season ticket holders but has a large number of individual game sales. if we say 24,000 a very good chance that how many are in the stands, why buy a ticket on Friday for tomorrow's game if you don't plan on attending?

No, all schools report how many tickets sold not a fanny in seat count. But MU traditionally doesn't have a large number of season ticket holders but has a large number of individual game sales. if we say 24,000 a very good chance that how many are in the stands, why buy a ticket on Friday for tomorrow's game if you don't plan on attending?

Back to my original point - ECU has earned the privilege of having us visit them and fill their 50,000 seat stadium because they know how to negotiate schedule contracts.

On the other hand, Marshall will never enjoy having us do the same for them because of failed and amateurish publicity stunts their past and current administrators thought were cute......... . You made your bed, now enjoy sleeping in it.

Now that is for sure. Averaging 3 score beat downs is all you guys manage but you still are delusional and misguided enough to think you can compete with us. 0-12
You boys are misguided ,obtuse, selfish, self important but at the end of the day still family! If you get hit with 20 megatons it won't be from us, most likely Pitt.

Back to my original point - ECU has earned the privilege of having us visit them and fill their 50,000 seat stadium because they know how to negotiate schedule contracts.

On the other hand, Marshall will never enjoy having us do the same for them because of failed and amateurish publicity stunts their past and current administrators thought were cute......... . You made your bed, now enjoy sleeping in it.
Hell, our AD used to be the AD at ECU. Nothing to do with negotiating skill everything to do with zero sum game tactics!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT