ADVERTISEMENT

Heart of Dallas Bowl in the old Cotton Bowl, C-USA verses

For starters that bowl is committed to placing a Big XII team against one from the Big Ten

If it's any consolation there is no doubt that should Marshall win the CUSA crown they will be in the Access Bowl.........after all, not many teams have to run the gauntlet that is CUSA.........[jumpingsmile]

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Big 12! UMMMM...imagine the possibilities!
I almost wish that would happen because then the myth would be put to rest once and for all. With the idiocy that has emanated from the mouths of your coaches and administrators Dana would not take his foot off the gas pedal all night and you herdies would rue the day that you EVER wanted any part of the Mountaineers.........serious rueage would occur.....be happy with your nice little pre christmas florida bowl...barring your usual collapse..but try to hold down the expenses because the west virginia taxpayers are paying for your bowl trip....unlike WVU who actually makes money on those games....do I need to expound any longer or do you get the picture?

I almost wish that would happen because then the myth would be put to rest once and for all. With the idiocy that has emanated from the mouths of your coaches and administrators Dana would not take his foot off the gas pedal all night and you herdies would rue the day that you EVER wanted any part of the Mountaineers.........serious rueage would occur.....be happy with your nice little pre christmas florida bowl...barring your usual collapse..but try to hold down the expenses because the west virginia taxpayers are paying for your bowl trip....unlike WVU who actually makes money on those games....do I need to expound any longer or do you get the picture?

I couldn't have said it better myself, other than I would be disappointed if the Heart of Dallas bowl is our destination, no matter who we play. I expect a little higher profile bowl game, but the Herdiots would cream their jeans if they found themselves there against the EERS, at least until the game clock expired and they found themselves 0-13. Then all we'd hear is more "if only" excuses from their camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30CAT
Tonycried, we both know that if the circumstance presented itself, WVU would be quick to decline the bowl bid, once the Herd was already slotted as the opponent.
The Cousins have been known to take a powder....maybe we could granted an extra game eligibility for Pat or Geno!

The Cousins have been known to take a powder....maybe we could granted an extra game eligibility for Pat or Geno!
Not sure when the state's flagship ever took a powder, but I know of another team that quits at halftime. We'll line up and play toe to toe for an entire 4 quarters with anyone, always have, and continue.

Not sure when the state's flagship ever took a powder, but I know of another team that quits at halftime. We'll line up and play toe to toe for an entire 4 quarters with anyone, always have, and continue.
Sign the contract for home and home...we'll call your bluff.

There's nothing in it for us other than a win, and little interest from our fans. You guys could have kept your mouths shut, and had a good (and urgent) payday in both sports. But, you didn't, in either. Marshall reminds me of Billy Joel's song, Big Shot. The B12 appropriate phrase for you guys is, "All hat and no cattle"

There's nothing in it for us other than a win, and little interest from our fans. You guys could have kept your mouths shut, and had a good (and urgent) payday in both sports. But, you didn't, in either. Marshall reminds me of Billy Joel's song, Big Shot. The B12 appropriate phrase for you guys is, "All hat and no cattle"
Blah,Blah, Blah...just sign the contract if boys want to play! If you're scared just say you're scared! No hard feelings!

Get some cattle, and learn some respect. After which, I'm sure something could be arranged. Until then, you're just a squeaky wheel in search of oil.

The last thing they want is to have to play WVU again. That's the reason for "bring your dog" and Dantoni's home and home or none. They got what they wanted and their fans aren't smart enough to see through it.

The last thing they want is to have to play WVU again. That's the reason for "bring your dog" and Dantoni's home and home or none. They got what they wanted and their fans aren't smart enough to see through it.
We call you out for a game but it's the " last thing" we want? That's to deep for me.

We call you out for a game but it's the " last thing" we want? That's to deep for me.

There's no one in the Marshall administration calling out for a game, they've had enough embarrassment at our hands. Marshall football is 0 and forever against us, and Dantoni is much more comfortable with the likes of WV Wesleyan and Concord College on his schedule as opposed to having to play the EERS.

There's no one in the Marshall administration calling out for a game, they've had enough embarrassment at our hands. Marshall football is 0 and forever against us, and Dantoni is much more comfortable with the likes of WV Wesleyan and Concord College on his schedule as opposed to having to play the EERS.
Hahahhahahhah...when we call you out , you boys get butt hurt like ol' Huggy did but if we don't tweek your arrogant noses every day we don't really want a home and home series? Hahahahahahahhah

Hahahhahahhah...when we call you out , you boys get butt hurt like ol' Huggy did but if we don't tweek your arrogant noses every day we don't really want a home and home series? Hahahahahahahhah

As I've said countless times, it's not up to WVU to fill up Marshall's stadium or their basketball arena. That's on them. We do quite well with attendance in both sports without Marshall. For instance, season ticket sales for the upcoming basketball season is on pace to set a new record. I wonder how scheduling Concord College is helping sell MU basketball season tickets ?

Last edited:
As I've said countless times, it's not up to WVU to fill up Marshall's stadium or their basketball arena. That's on them. We do quite well with attendance in both sports without Marshall. For instance, season ticket sales for the upcoming basketball season is on pace to set a new record. I wonder how scheduling Concord College is helping sell MU basketball tickets ?
...and your non shooting bunch won't win anything of note this season either! No wonder Huggy runs from the Herd sharpshooters!

...and your non shooting bunch won't win anything of note this season either! No wonder Huggy runs from the Herd sharpshooters!

I seem to recall that our non shooters put up 86 points against the "sharp shooters" 68 the last time the two played. And Dantoni in his presser following the beat down made remarks about how WVU was afraid of them. I agree with the Huggy Bears comment , "that's laughable", and his course of action in telling them to find someone else to play..............they did, WV Wesleyan and Concord College. Now that IS laughable ! (but not surprising)

I couldn't have said it better myself, other than I would be disappointed if the Heart of Dallas bowl is our destination, no matter who we play. I expect a little higher profile bowl game, but the Herdiots would cream their jeans if they found themselves there against the EERS, at least until the game clock expired and they found themselves 0-13. Then all we'd hear is more "if only" excuses from their camp.
Shame it is low profile, because Dallas area
is fabulous. I used to go there for business
several years. Friendly people and many
options for entertainment with fairly mild
weather.

hard to be a sharpshooter if you can't get the pill past half court......just a little advice.....play newberry and concord and leave the heavy lifting to the REAL flagship

Oh, but you must have not HERD about DD and his analytic study of the NBA that he applies to Marshall BB. Too bad for him that he isn't coaching in the NBA [roll]

hard to be a sharpshooter if you can't get the pill past half court......just a little advice.....play newberry and concord and leave the heavy lifting to the REAL flagship
I couldn't help but notice the 22% shooting you boys displayed as you ended last season!

Oh, but you must have not HERD about DD and his analytic study of the NBA that he applies to Marshall BB. Too bad for him that he isn't coaching in the NBA [roll]
If my boy Huggy can't take the ball away from you and dunk it on your head...he has no chance at victory because that bunch couldn't hit the rim from more than 10 feet.

Is that the game where instead of attempting a game winning shot, they simply opted to dribble out the clock?
A one possession loss to the national runner up in the round of 16 verse a school who has not made the tourney since Ronnie was president. 89 IQ post are just the norm for you.

More on D'Antoni's policy of trying to make his team more like the NBA.......

Memorable quotes - "Have you watched the NBA ever?".........."then you're beating anylitics"............."you score 1.5 points every time you go to the foul line in the pros"........"I haven't finished my daggone analytic story, you gotta go to bed or something".........."you've seen it in the NBA"...... .

Sounds to me like a glorified HS coach living in the shadow of his brother and trying to prove something to their momma. Probably intimidating coach speak to the likes of Concord College, but doesn't impress the selection committee for the Big Dance.

A one possession loss to the national runner up in the round of 16 verse a school who has not made the tourney since Ronnie was president. 89 IQ post are just the norm for you.
Wut? My team actually has national titles, and much more success in the dance than the University of WV.

Wut? My team actually has national titles, and much more success in the dance than the University of WV.

Oh, now the man of many hats is back to being a Meatchicken fan after spending all summer posing as a Herdiot.

i-would-say-im-surprised-but-im-not.jpg

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT