ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing a lot more smoke on RR

We probably shouldn't re-hire RR, but a RR clone would be OK with me..loved his system, his, recruiting and how tough his teams were. We've been soft for awhile.

I want a return of a spread option with an exciting QB.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Please do tell….
The University does not want another drunk ego driven dolt who insisted on coaching his son quarterback at University High and showed up drunk on the sidelines during games. I wonder if Will Grier’s dad showed up and tried the same thing how that would of went?

Like him or not, Brown has upped the recruiting, brought in a better system (off the field) which is what he was hired to do. Last year he was tasked with delegating the OC to a new hire, which worked. With the players that were bought off the defense, the need will now switch to hiring a defensive staff and coordinator.

With the buyout being so high and Brown (other than winning ) has delivered what he was tasked with when hired: clean up the program, bring in better players build the program up the right way, he will have at least one more year to get it going.

That is what I think is going to happen when you hear the things being said by the people in charge.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Having the coach with literally the hottest seat in CFB right now coming back next season with ZERO indication that things will improve next year is suicidal.
It would be different if we were improving from week to week. We're not. We have given up in at least 2 games this season, which is even more damning than our record.

F#&k.
That.
Noise.

The only way the fan base buys in is if he takes a drastically reduced buyout. That's it. One year to produce or GTFO.

Here is my two cents on Rich Rod. I truly believe he did a hell of a job while he was here and I would personally like to see him back for nostalgia and obviously that old success that we used to have.
The main question is does his way of coaching exist anymore. NIL and The Portal allows players who get their feelings hurt leave w/o consequence. RR teams were well disciplined and he was a great coach teaching discipline to the players.

You can be a hard ass “my way or the highway” Coach at Jacksonville St. because their is now where to go from there. Here, you can get upset and go down to a Jacksonville St or somewhere else when you get pushed.he was he was he

Not sure the RR style will work…..but it really does appear this could be an extreme reality in a few weeks now that the smoke is thicker today than it has ever been. I just don’t think we will give this “Home run Hire the University needed to close with our candidate and it appears the deal is closed” a head coach of his choosing unless RR was his guy?
We as a country have drifted so far from what amateur sports meant, I see no way to return to normal. Olympics is just a collection of pro players taking a vacation. I remember people wondering why Hosain Bolt did not play football, well he was making 23 mil a year as a sprinter. Watching NBA players in the Olympics is BS. Innocence is gone in sports and it not coming back. I truly believe Vegas controls, corruption absolutely.

The University does not want another drunk ego driven dolt who insisted on coaching his son quarterback at University High and showed up drunk on the sidelines during games. I wonder if Will Grier’s dad showed up and tried the same thing how that would of went?

Like him or not, Brown has upped the recruiting, brought in a better system (off the field) which is what he was hired to do. Last year he was tasked with delegating the OC to a new hire, which worked. With the players that were bought off the defense, the need will now switch to hiring a defensive staff and coordinator.

With the buyout being so high and Brown (other than winning ) has delivered what he was tasked with when hired: clean up the program, bring in better players build the program up the right way, he will have at least one more year to get it going.

That is what I think is going to happen when you hear the things being said by the people in charge.
You're obviously referring to Holgy with your comments. Rich doesn't drink the last I knew.

So basically they are happy with this woke culture, and as long as they are mentally weak, Brown is doing his job? If this is what the people in charge really think, they are securing their future firings, because WVU football is about to become completely 100% irrelevant going down this path. They will lose a million or more per game with the amount of empty seats that will happen.

So who on here has access to inside the football program and can identify the “woke” practice going on?
The only thing that anyone can blame Brown for doing is he walked with his players in a George Floyd March and allowed the team to have a BLM sticker on their helmet. There were no federal buildings damaged in Morgantown, no police cars turned over and set on fire or cops assaulted. For the players at WVU, it was a peaceful March that allowed them to exercise their rights. When the. actual agenda came out from the BLM movement, the stickers went away.

The firing of VC was out of Browns hands. That is the only thing that comes close to the “woke” treatment and Brown and his program were not at fault for it. If I were Brown, I would insist on bringing him back.

So continuing to label Brown as woke is a big stretch as well as it would be to label Holgersen as a choirboy.

If Rod is smart, he won’t come back and ruin his legacy of success. I don’t think he can win here at the level he did the first time. It would be like Johnny Majors return to Pitt.
AND there are a lot of folks very unwilling to grant him a PASS for his uncouth actions of the past toward the program, University and STATE. He intentionally tried to do all possible to inflict lasting injury to our football program. He then took aim at the State and its residents with fabricated racial lies. He is so very unfit for consideration to a lofty position at this University.

Reactions: Norcalmounty
So who on here has access to inside the football program and can identify the “woke” practice going on?
The only thing that anyone can blame Brown for doing is he walked with his players in a George Floyd March and allowed the team to have a BLM sticker on their helmet. There were no federal buildings damaged in Morgantown, no police cars turned over and set on fire or cops assaulted. For the players at WVU, it was a peaceful March that allowed them to exercise their rights. When the. actual agenda came out from the BLM movement, the stickers went away.

The firing of VC was out of Browns hands. That is the only thing that comes close to the “woke” treatment and Brown and his program were not at fault for it. If I were Brown, I would insist on bringing him back.

So continuing to label Brown as woke is a big stretch as well as it would be to label Holgersen as a choirboy.

Kneel Brown transformed WVU football into a progressive fundraising operation during a presidential election year - used our uniforms as giant billboards to raise $$$ for BLM and the Democrats.

Neal Brown not only got political with his students for a racist, marxist organization, but he also employed the new "player-led" coaching philosophy, which is totally woke, and as it has done with the other college teams who have tried it, its backfiring and turning us into losers. I posted links in another thread to expose this woke garbage and how it has failed the teams using it. Anyone who cant see right through this crap I have no words for.

Then Vic Koenning, the man actually responsible for Brown's success at Troy, gets run out because his Christian point of view butthurt a high school kid and Neal Brown does nothing to take up for Vic and even throws him under the bus on his way out. He totally went with the diversity committee on that instead of what was good for the football team.

Our interim AD and "vice president for strategic initiatives" is a political hack for Joe Manchin, one of the worst politicians ever, and was his chief of staff for him. So much for keeping politics out of sports. This guy is the good ol boy network in the flesh and nothing more.

The reality is, Shane Lyons brought the diversity committee. Its real, its political and it weakens young men. Period. Completely unnecessary https://wvusports.com/news/2020/8/1...diversity-equity-and-inclusion-committee.aspx

Kneel Brown transformed WVU football into a progressive fundraising operation during a presidential election year - used our uniforms as giant billboards to raise $$$ for BLM and the Democrats.

Neal Brown not only got political with his students for a racist, marxist organization, but he also employed the new "player-led" coaching philosophy, which is totally woke, and as it has done with the other college teams who have tried it, its backfiring and turning us into losers. I posted links in another thread to expose this woke garbage and how it has failed the teams using it. Anyone who cant see right through this crap I have no words for.

Then Vic Koenning, the man actually responsible for Brown's success at Troy, gets run out because his Christian point of view butthurt a high school kid and Neal Brown does nothing to take up for Vic and even throws him under the bus on his way out. He totally went with the diversity committee on that instead of what was good for the football team.

Our interim AD and "vice president for strategic initiatives" is a political hack for Joe Manchin, one of the worst politicians ever, and was his chief of staff for him. So much for keeping politics out of sports. This guy is the good ol boy network in the flesh and nothing more.

The reality is, Shane Lyons brought the diversity committee. Its real, its political and it weakens young men. Period. Completely unnecessary https://wvusports.com/news/2020/8/1...diversity-equity-and-inclusion-committee.aspx
Is this stuff true?

I didn’t know anything about Neal supporting wokism, BLM etc. If you’re correct, I want him gone now
He marched down high street with the players in support of BLM. He, of all coaches Ive seen, should be focused on coaching. I get it, he wants to be liked and fit in with kids, but the fact remains, by doing that he got political. Not too mention, BLM is a complete fraud and wasnt even an organic movement. They all enriched themselves with all the money they raised and mostly invested the rest into LGBTQ causes. The entire "movement" was a scam. BLM is a marxist org and admitted as much on their own website.

Reactions: Norcalmounty
I didn’t know anything about Neal supporting wokism, BLM etc. If you’re correct, I want him gone now
Don’t believe these people. Brown is a bad head coach because of his on field deficiencies. Saban marched with protestors too. So did Kirby Smart. Want proof? Look up their photos marching with BLM.

Don’t believe these people. Brown is a bad head coach because of his on field deficiencies. Saban marched with protestors too. So did Kirby Smart. Want proof? Look up their photos marching with BLM.
Every single coach who marched with BLM should be ashamed of themselves and I wouldnt want one of them. When Brown did it, he lost my respect as a human, but I was still holding out some hope that he would turn it around as a coach. Instead, his player-led fantasy team failed miserably. He is a crap coach employing a crap, woke coaching philosophy and its setting us back. The WVU admin is a bunch of democrat hacks. We even have Machin's old chief of staff. Its pathetic and if we are going to do the right thing, we would rid the athletic department of all things political.

Every single coach who marched with BLM should be ashamed of themselves and I wouldnt want one of them. When Brown did it, he lost my respect as a human, but I was still holding out some hope that he would turn it around as a coach. Instead, his player-led fantasy team failed miserably. He is a crap coach employing a crap, woke coaching philosophy and it’s setting us back. The WVU admin is a bunch of democrat hacks. We even have Machin's old chief of staff. It’s pathetic and if we are going to do the right thing, we would rid the athletic department of all things political.
I understand. At least they didn’t have dinner with Kanye.

Good lord. Only a WVU sports message board can take Rich Rod possibly coming back to WVU before GT snags him and turn it into a political argument.

RR would be a mistake. Worse than Petrino’s 2nd stint with Louisville. But it would probably be better than this, the bar is very low for improvement.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
RR would be a mistake. Worse than Petrino’s 2nd stint with Louisville. But it would probably be better than this, the bar is very low for improvement.
Rich Rod is definitely a better coach than Brown, but still not the coach to get us over the hump in my opinion. We are the winningest school without a national title. We deserve better than either of them.

WVU is a very good university with very very nice football facilities --some of the best and newest in the nation really,. It is a very good destination for a very good coach. WVU's biggest issues that has always held them back is being willing to pay a good coach good coach salary. Its not that Morgantown and WVU is not worthy, its the money. We have the money, so pay someone good for a change. Even small school Liberty pays their coach more than we pay, which is ridiculous lol. We are a P5 school! Time to step up and do what it really takes.

Sorry to disappoint the Rod lovers but Neal returning in 2023.

Rich Rod is definitely a better coach than Brown, but still not the coach to get us over the hump in my opinion. We are the winningest school without a national title. We deserve better than either of them.

WVU is a very good university with very very nice football facilities --some of the best and newest in the nation really,. It is a very good destination for a very good coach. WVU's biggest issues that has always held them back is being willing to pay a good coach good coach salary. Its not that Morgantown and WVU is not worthy, its the money. We have the money, so pay someone good for a change. Even small school Liberty pays their coach more than we pay, which is ridiculous lol. We are a P5 school! Time to step up and do what it really takes.

You don’t overpay for a young up and coming coach. Make them earn the big extension, all you do is pull the market up for top assistants and top G5 coaches when you overpay without any idea if they can deliver at the P5 level. The other side of the coin is backing up the truck for what is a perceived “proven” coach, but as we see with Texas A&M, it’s not so simple either. IMO with NIL in the equation, who the coach is won’t matter as much as who the players are, just bring in a guy who knows how to game the system.

You don’t overpay for a young up and coming coach. Make them earn the big extension, all you do is pull the market up for top assistants and top G5 coaches when you overpay without any idea if they can deliver at the P5 level. The other side of the coin is backing up the truck for what is a perceived “proven” coach, but as we see with Texas A&M, it’s not so simple either. IMO with NIL in the equation, who the coach is won’t matter as much as who the players are, just bring in a guy who knows how to game the system.
Do you want another young and up and coming coach because I dont? I'd prefer to find someone who has already won on the P5 level.

Do you want another young and up and coming coach because I dont? I'd prefer to find someone who has already won on the P5 level.
I want a coach who knows how to get talent here that isn’t going to take every resource our boosters have to land. So an SEC retread or a proven recruiter off of one of their staffs. Beyond that our identity ideally would be running and defense, I don’t want to hear the phrase “air raid” ever again.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT