ADVERTISEMENT

Hear ye hear ye, our story of the day (maybe year)

Old people. Smdh

Don't come on here trumpeting some shit that broke 2 days ago like its hot off the press.

30 page thread on the main board about it.

And yes, I would
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Georgia?.......we need Bru for the inside info

btw....played the new Keswick between rain showers yesterday.......that's the one Pete Dye redid......I liked it better before the changes but that's just m,e

Re: Georgia?.......we need Bru for the inside info

I'm a Dye fan. What did he do to it that you didn't like?

Speaking of Dye, Harbour Town this week. Bru's favorite!
wink.r191677.gif
I've played many Dye designs and my favorite is The Honors. HT 2nd. Sawgrass Stadium 3rd. Pete Dye Club 4th. Ocean Course 5. 9 days until my California trip! Cypress Point and San Francisco GC on the docket along with 5 others.

changed the set up of several holes that I thought played well before....I think space limitations may have affected it....I'm a Dye fan too......headed to Nags Head on the 26th for a week......got Currituck Club, Duck Woods, and Kilmarlic on this years schedule....Kilmarlic is a bear.......but I think the courses you'll be playing are a little more upscale than where I'll be
tongue.r191677.gif

I do like the Heritage tournament a lot. And in general, I like Pete Dye's courses for a modern take on golf architecture.

Didn't realize your trip was coming up. Jealous as always.

I've never been to Nags Head but my parents love it there. I'm most looking forward to Cypress Point. Golf Digest has it as the #2 course in the world and the #3 course in the US. I know, doesn't make sense but they have two different methodologies for US vs World rankings. Cypress is extremely difficult to get on. Similar to Augusta National and Shinnecock. Even as a Golf Digest panelist, I can't call them up to arrange play. Friend of a friend of a friend is a member and arranged it for us. We'll play it unaccompanied by a member which means we have to tee off between 7:15 and 8:15 am and won't be allowed to enjoy the grill afterwards. I can live with that. Anyway, it will be the highlight of this trip. And Pebble Beach is also one we'll play this trip. Check out Cypress at this guy's site. Love this site.

http://www.golftripper.com/cypress-point-club-2/

No doubt Harbour Town is an unconventional Dye design. It is like a bowling alley as you know. It can be frustrating hitting a narrow fairway and still have no direct shot on the approach. Sahalee is very much like that. Eugene CC too. But I've always played HT well for some reason. I won a one-day tournament there 20 years ago...shot 74.....35 on the back and bogeyed 18. Not from all the way back though. It wasn't much of a tournament.
smile.r191677.gif
HT is a strategic course for sure. Lot'sof options, shot shaping required, challenging greens complexes. I was surprised it dropped out of the Top 100 this year for the first time since it was built. But it's been a while since I've played it.

That's some serious golf there.....Mr Satterfield spoke at

a superintendents conference at Kingsmill a few years ago......smart guy.....I'm jealous....send cool pictures

Blame it on the alcohol? Lol

I hope they clean the twister mat before the put it back in the box!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT