ADVERTISEMENT

HBO NOW coming exclusively to Apple TV...

WVUCOOPER

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
Kinda strange, given HBO's agreement with Amazon Prime.

HBO Now's streaming service will exclusively launch on the Apple TV. The channel's entire movie and television catalog will be available to stream on all Apple devices starting early April.
It will cost $15 a month. Subscribing via an Apple device in April lands you a month free.

I watch many, may WV games on Apple TV. Best investment I have ever made.

I have 2. I see they are cutting prices soon too...

As long as my bro keeps his cable for my ESPN purposes, all is right in TV world.

As I recall...

Amazon Prime gets access to HBO Original Programming 3 years after it airs. That's nice, but this has all current shows and movies (not just HBO Original movies). It's quite a big deal.

I have(had) a Prime Fire as well. Gave it to my folks.

Originally posted by WVUCOOPER:

HBO Now's streaming service will exclusively launch on the Apple TV. The channel's entire movie and television catalog will be available to stream on all Apple devices starting early April.
It will cost $15 a month. Subscribing via an Apple device in April lands you a month free.
Confused. I watch all of my HBO on the Apple TV already. What is changing?

Originally posted by DvlDog4WVU:
Originally posted by WVUCOOPER:

Confused. I watch all of my HBO on the Apple TV already. What is changing?
Don't need a cable sub anymore. For people that have "cut the cord". If you have HBO on your cable sub, then it means nothing.

Gotcha. Thanks. If they could only add Starz on there I would be set and wouldn't mind cutting the cord. Huge fan of Black Sails.

Cheaper to add it through Comcast. Plus limited to Apple TV? There went

hope of a real game changer.

After some more reading...

It looks like Apple TV only has exclusive rights through this season of GOT.

How is it cheaper to add through Comcast?

Re: After some more reading...

I think what he is saying is that it's cheaper to just add the HBO service to his existing Comcast service than paying the $15 direct to HBO.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yeah. Right now I get it for the next 2 years for free, but eventually it

only costs $10 a month to add it.

At $100+ a month....

I think you and I have a different idea of the word free.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT