ADVERTISEMENT

Having a bad day? I got you...

Hahahaha

I was doing good anyways, but I don't even start watching basketball til after the regular season.

If those two Pitt fans get drunk as me after losing conferences games then they must be working on a (short) cure for the hangover.

They might be light years ahead but my number 1 fix...sweat it out via rigorous exercise while drinking a large quantity of Pedialyte Advanced Care (blows away Gatorade in electrolytes).

Last edited:
I could care less what Pitt is doing. Not a foe anymore. Why the obsession with comparing us to Pitt is beyond me. If they were national champion it wouldn't impact on WVU. Pitt also didn't cause the multiple late game meltdowns for the Mountaineers this year either.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Honestly I feel like Pitt is on a path to Rutgers-esque status in the college landscape. I don’t think anyone over there cares that they fell off a cliff.

I could care less what Pitt is doing. Not a foe anymore. Why the obsession with comparing us to Pitt is beyond me. If they were national champion it wouldn't impact on WVU. Pitt also didn't cause the multiple late game meltdowns for the Mountaineers this year either.
Thanks for sharing.

Heaven forbid people still take joy in Pitt's misery without killjoys like you babbling on how they aren't our rivals anymore.

I couldn't care less what Pitt is doing. Not a foe anymore. Why the obsession with comparing us to Pitt is beyond me. If they were national champion it wouldn't impact on WVU. Pitt also didn't cause the multiple late game meltdowns for the Mountaineers this year either.

Fixed it for you.

Reactions: Vernon
Hey, listen to Jack Fleming's mother.
You hate Pitt. You will always hate Pitt.
0-fer couldn't happen to a more deserving team.
Hey, Pitt actually IS eating shit ... from every team in its conference. Those chants were accurate at Mountaineer Field.

I still have enough Fleming blood in me to gloat over oakland's misfortunes on the hardwood, but
I'm still borderline comatose over not being able to put away TT, UK, and the jbirds TWICE...

Sweet Caroline. Neil Diamond had no idea did he? :)

Vernon, indeed you do know how to make the rain clouds part and the sun shine bright. Let's just hope the trends continues for the remainder of the season - if not the decade.

Well, you certainly sound like an "experienced", "professional", "award winning", "world class", "senior" journalist lol. What grade are you really in?
Want to see my WVU School of Journalism degree?
Or my stock portfolio?
Or photos of my travels to 56 countries and 44 states?
My Hall of Fame plaque (yes, I have one)?
A resume of my 40 years working with children's baseball, of founding the first program that allowed children of color and girls to play?
Or my 43 years as a newspaper editor, sportswriter and reporter?
And what are you doing in your grandma's basement?
Don't mess with octogenarians. We have so much time to respond in kind.
Sit down, Sonny. And get off my lawn!

If you're so dense that you need more proof of my qualifications, click on

http://www.timeswv.com/news/olesky-leads-an-interesting-life/article_042839c8-ee6a-11e5-b36f-83c1aca75f4e.html

Last edited:
Or my stock portfolio?
A resume of my 40 years working with children's baseball, of founding the first program that allowed children of color and girls to play?

http://www.timeswv.com/news/olesky-leads-an-interesting-life/article_042839c8-ee6a-11e5-b36f-83c1aca75f4e.html

Log off forever Rootmaster. You just got prison raped by CFE.

Game. Set. Match.

Reactions: hbeacheer
You actually enjoy other folks' misery? wow.
Yeah....try to make something out of my quote that isn't there.

Never said anything about 'other folks' as you try to twist it....just the misery of Pitt.

Yes, I still get enjoyment from their misery. Sorry if that bothers you.

Hey, listen to Jack Fleming's mother.
You hate Pitt. You will always hate Pitt.
0-fer couldn't happen to a more deserving team.
Hey, Pitt actually IS eating shit ... from every team in its conference. Those chants were accurate at Mountaineer Field.

Every time I try to take you as a pro you go right to homerville. No legit media guy is this bias. Be more professional if you’re a legit sports beat guy. Unless being a homer in retirement is cool. I didn’t say supporting and being a huge team fan is bad so don’t misrepresent what an annoying homer is.

The weird thing on Lair is that WVU stuff comes up every once in a while when I’m on there. Penn State stuff quite a bit. I get beat up for calling it the way I see it. Mainly Joe definately knew but Franklin is killing it and Penn State is once again a Top 12 program and climbing. I get beat up for my pro WVU slant. I post my typical GFY and move on. Pitt hasn’t won Major Bowls like WVU and PSU so a nonhomer respects that. The ACC choked basically, minus UNC, in last years NCAAs and I posted that while homers like 5-0 went goo goo ga ga over all things Big12. Then as always Big12 shows again it’s a one trick pony league. I noticed the RPI yesterday 2 teams were Top 20 and somehow someway Dixon has scheduled TCU into #22 haha without a legit Top 50 OCC win. Maybe St Bonnie or New Mex St but they’re a joke and the NCAAs will prove that just like the fraud Big East. TCU lost to freaking Vandy. So the meat grinder Big12 has whopping 3 teams in the Top 32. The ACC has more. The Big Ten has more. The SEC has more. The Big East has the same. The American Athletic has the same.

So while the homerS vomit all things Big12 the reality is there are five Conferences that have more or the same Top 30 teams. Now does that reality indicate that the Big12 is by far the best Conference homers? I figured I’d throw this out there because all Eers and the other homers do is try to brainwash everyone into thinking the Big12 is sooooo tough LOL.

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like Pitt is on a path to Rutgers-esque status in the college landscape. I don’t think anyone over there cares that they fell off a cliff.

They care. Just like if WVU was bad the only people that would care are on this site. Same there.

Or my stock portfolio?

Awesome reading your story John. Congrats on a great career and life journey. I’ve frequented Fairmont a ton. My Grandmother lived and passed away in Fairmont. She was buried there but it’s been a few years since my mom and I have gone done to see her. I’m in The Villages at least 3 times per year. My sister lives in Windermere by Disney right outside of Orlando. I have about 12 clients in the The Villages. Ya know when you see faces, learn names and hear life stories you do realize that it can be a small world.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
If folks did not enjoy misery of other folks nobody would enjoy you. Just saying.

Hey thanks for confirming you’re a jerk. Why would you invite someone from Pittsburgh to meet you at a 9pm game and hope the guy shows up after a 90 minute drive knowing you were jerking him around. Simple answer......you’re a jerk. Funny thing is I couldn’t change my appointment but truly was gonna give you $200 tickets to a Pens game. I’m super upset with you 5-0. Actually hurt! I thought we were making progress. You have no class sir.

Hey thanks for confirming you’re a jerk. Why would you invite someone from Pittsburgh to meet you at a 9pm game and hope the guy shows up after a 90 minute drive knowing you were jerking him around. Simple answer......you’re a jerk. Funny thing is I couldn’t change my appointment but truly was gonna give you $200 tickets to a Pens game. I’m super upset with you 5-0. Actually hurt! I thought we were making progress. You have no class sir.
You never confirmed and I got tied up at the farm. Sorry if you were hurt.

Pitt definitely sucks but they have something that WVU fans lust for and will never get.......a national championship in football!
If it means never having success after that like what has happened to them I'll pass on the title...and I say that knowing most would give anything to win a title.

Pitt definitely sucks but they have something that WVU fans lust for and will never get.......a national championship in football!
So do programs like Minnesota.

Doesn't mean anyone cares about it now.

Are you kidding me....lmao. You have one since WWII ended.

Does that actually make you sleep better that Pitt won one 40 years? Who cares. Good grief dude....its 2018. Trust me, Mountaineer fans aren't losing any sleep over the 1976 title you have.

LMAO!

Are you kidding me....lmao. You have one since WWII ended.

Does that actually make you sleep better that Pitt won one 40 years? Who cares. Good grief dude....its 2018. Trust me, Mountaineer fans aren't losing any sleep over the 1976 title you have.

LMAO!

You moved the goal posts again. You are really a miserable(and tough guy I might add) poster.

Vernon's a smart man he knows his audience. Yes pit has nine national titles over half of them shared and I don't know a single Mountaineer fan Who Wants To Be A Pitt fan. Pitt Athletics is a joke right now and has been for quite some time especially football and now basketball finally caught up.

If it means never having success after that like what has happened to them I'll pass on the title...and I say that knowing most would give anything to win a title.

They could be good again with the right AD and support but I like them sucking. Besides I don’t think WVU would be like that if they won a title because they care about their athletic department.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT