ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone heard if Frank Mason is ok?

Shipyard Dog

All-Conference
Feb 11, 2012
Hope he's recovering after being looked at by Watkins. There's no place for that in the Big 12.

Taunting is against the rules, and the penalty is a technical foul.

Delivering the dreaded double bird sign towards an opponent is also against the rules, and the penalty is a technical foul as well.

If you object to the rules, feel free to write a letter to the NCAA and file a formal complaint.

I only watched the play one rerun. I failed to see any action that called for a T. Did he shoot a bird, stick his tongue out, wave his finger for silence, etc? What did he do that I didn't see.

Originally posted by still5-0vstarheels:
Dude once again why are you here? Go troll some where else.
Why are you so bothered by words on a message board? I gave my opinion as to why the player got teed up.

Taunting is against the rules. I mean, you can look it up. Does it get called as often as it should? Probably not, but if you do it right in front of an officially, they'll tend to call it.

What was the taunting that was displayed? I failed to see what he did to get T'ed. He was there to take the man taking the ball out.

I didn't see any taunting

When a defensive player slaps the floor and claps his hands while guarding a player - is that taunting?
That was a pretty weak call no matter where you sit. I see players jawing all the time, coming back down the court after a good play raising their arms for crowd noise, shaking their heads no after they've blocked a shot. Is all this taunting? I don't think I have ever seen such a sensitive call. Yeah he deserved it for flipping the bird in a previous game, but a hard stare?

You do not bother me little brother. But why troll? Is you life so empty that you have to troll a WVU message board to validate yourself.

You do not bother me little brother. But why troll? Is you life so empty that you have to troll a WVU message board to validate yourself.
Not trolling. We've been over this before. I'm not your brother. We're not related.

I just post on occasion for good conversation.

Back to the O/P, there's a lot involved in these taunting calls. Sure, there's a lot of BS going back & forth between most games, and nothing is called. Slapping the floor, waving your arms to fire up the crowd - these are not personally directed at other teams/individual players. Taunting of an individual player/team is against the rules, but you're right, most of the time it's not called unless it's a blatant taunting. Perhaps in this case, there was more to it than the simple stare. Had he been warned about it previously, prior to the technical? Was he doing some jawing prior to the technical? Or, perhaps the official was just having a bad moment, and decided he wanted to send a message.

Send a message...ya that's what officials are supposed to do. He had just come in to the game and about 2 trips prior to this being called a Kansas player dunked over Macon and stared him down - no call.

Good conversation does not include the numerous troll postings of yours. Not sure you have the knowledge base to hold a good conversation. Including a bad call on taunting. Hey what is Marshall's record this year? Just saying.

Oh, I get what you're saying, heels. I don't have the brilliance it takes to communicate with the likes of what I've read on this board.

You're probably right. I don't spend my time arguing back & forth by calling other posters retarded, simply for having a dissenting opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXhamS5avbU

smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by MichiganHerd:
I don't spend my time arguing back & forth by calling other posters retarded
You don't? Really? You're going to say that?

Liar

Originally posted by WhiteTailEER:
I don't spend my time arguing back & forth by calling other posters retarded
You don't? Really? You're going to say that?

Liar
No, not on a non-smack forum. I don't even think I would call you that on a smack forum.

Let me guess, Frank Mason nailed you also...

Taunting is against the rules, and the penalty is a technical foul.

Delivering the dreaded double bird sign towards an opponent is also against the rules, and the penalty is a technical foul as well.

If you object to the rules, feel free to write a letter to the NCAA and file a formal complaint.

Good conversation does not include the numerous troll postings of yours. Not sure you have the knowledge base to hold a good conversation. Including a bad call on taunting. Hey what is Marshall's record this year? Just saying.
Agreed. There is nothing good about his postings. He comes over here, drops a smart ass comment and thats "good conversation." I'll never understand herd logic but then again, I've never been called a meth-head.

Originally posted by SeronimusPratt:

Agreed. There is nothing good about his postings. He comes over here, drops a smart ass comment and thats "good conversation." I'll never understand herd logic but then again, I've never been called a meth-head.
Meth head? Perhaps you haven't been called that before, but no doubt, you're a dick head.

Meth head? Perhaps you haven't been called that before, but no doubt, you're a dick head.
Didn't take long for your true character to show

Originally posted by WhiteTailEER:

Didn't take long for your true character to show
I came here to chime in on sports, but was verbally attacked, so yes, I responded.

You could learn a lot from me, if you would just focus on what I write, as opposed to having a predetermined agenda.

You could learn a lot from me
From what I've seen of your posts and your incessant personal attacks, I don't think I want to know what those things might be.

Perhaps a few of you should familiarize yourself with the 'ignore user' functionality of this forum.

Well anyway ... while I didn't see anything in the replay that warranted a "T" I also did not see Watkins act incredulous or object to to the call.

Something happened. And he is the player who got away with the double bird in another game. You can be sure that the officials know that and keep their ears/eyes open. Borderline behavior gets flagged when it's known that you got away with previous outrageous behavior.

Perhaps a few of you should familiarize yourself with the 'ignore user' functionality of this forum.
Nope, we'd rather make fun of you......

Originally posted by HurdyGurdyEer:
Well anyway ... while I didn't see anything in the replay that warranted a "T" I also did not see Watkins act incredulous or object to to the call.

Something happened. And he is the player who got away with the double bird in another game. You can be sure that the officials know that and keep their ears/eyes open. Borderline behavior gets flagged when it's known that you got away with previous outrageous behavior.
"Many infractions can result in the calling of a technical foul. One of the most common is the use of profane language toward an official or another player"

smokin.r191677.gif

I'm honestly surprised you used you're in the correct use. Bravo. Tell me again how you offer good conversation....

"But why troll? Is you life so empty that you have to troll a WVU message board to validate yourself?"

Answer: Yes, this idiotic guy has zero life. Lying on message boards is the highlight of his day.

Pathetic...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I will concede it was a dumb call against WVU,maybe. But I don't really, think that 1 point was the only reason for the loss.

WVU fans I would also like to remind you, that same call was also called against Kansas this year. It happens to be in the rules stupid or not and it's being called at times.

It does seem like the NCAA and the bad Refs are trying to take all the fun out of the game.

The Refs lately have been pretty bad at times for every team in the league,including Kansas.The bad calls do go both ways depending on the team you root for.

Originally posted by Duanep5ku:

I will concede it was a dumb call against WVU,maybe. But I don't really, think that 1 point was the only reason for the loss.

WVU fans I would also like to remind you, that same call was also called against Kansas this year. It happens to be in the rules stupid or not and it's being called at times.

It does seem like the NCAA and the bad Refs are trying to take all the fun out of the game.

The Refs lately have been pretty bad at times for every team in the league,including Kansas.The bad calls do go both ways depending on the team you root for.
Dulane-O, you sound like one of those dumbass politicians who attempts to do the thinking for the weak minded and the not too smart folks by justifying their own violations of the law or of not following the appropriate policy, procedure or protocol by saying, "Well, somebody else did it"...... seems they've learned that works when talking to the dead-from-the-neck-up crowd, but not so well for anyone with a functional brain.
laugh.r191677.gif

Since Watkins didn't object to the call, he was therefore guilty? That idiot still had a whistle and it was exceptionally easy for him to blow it the first time. Watkins would have gotten the second if he hadn't walked off, IMO.

Since someone already mentioned this and it was completely ignored. Why was the Kansas player not given a T after dunking on Macon and staring him down?

Please elaborate what the difference is.

And also I was unable to watch the game but I did listen to the entire game via radio and Tony and Jay both said I'm not sure what Brandon did to deserve a technical he didn't say or do anything.

That was not the only sketchy call in the second half.

Originally posted by mneilmont:

Since Watkins didn't object to the call, he was therefore guilty? That idiot still had a whistle and it was exceptionally easy for him to blow it the first time. Watkins would have gotten the second if he hadn't walked off, IMO.
You're right. Most people wouldn't even look surprised if they got called for a phantom T.

ADVERTISEMENT