ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Bukner

I wonder if Mahomes and Kelsey will issue statements in support of their kicker who has won many games for them.

Last edited:
Harrison Butker's commencement speech 'showed courage and commitment,' Lou Holtz said.

Holtz thanked Butker for 'standing strong in your faith values'.

"Your commencement speech at Benedictine College showed courage and conviction and I admire that. Don’t give in," Holtz wrote on X.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I don't understand the controversy in this saga! Butker is a private citizen expressing his private views. If he wants to say that woman shouldn't have the right to vote and that the country should go back prohibition and that all woman should be barefoot and pregnant, he has every right to express that opinion, while I think he's misguided , I would defend his right to express himself. A university should be a marketplace of idea's , however unpopular they might be!

Gracie Hunt, the daughter of Kansas City Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt, weighed in Friday morning on Harrison Butker’s commencement speech:

"Well, I can only speak from my own experience, which is I've had the most incredible mom who had the ability to stay home and be with us as kids growing up. And I understand that there are many women out there who can't make that decision. But for me and my life, I know it was really formative and in shaping me and my siblings into who we are," she said.

When asked whether she understood where Butker was coming from, she agreed.

"For sure, and I really respect Harrison and his Christian faith and what he's accomplished on and off the field."

Butker came under attack over his 20-minute commencement speech, which appeared to be rooted in his Christian faith.

Still no support for Bukner from Mahomes and Kelsey.

I don't understand the controversy in this saga! Butker is a private citizen expressing his private views. If he wants to say that woman shouldn't have the right to vote and that the country should go back prohibition and that all woman should be barefoot and pregnant, he has every right to express that opinion, while I think he's misguided , I would defend his right to express himself. A university should be a marketplace of idea's , however unpopular they might be!
I mean, he said none of those things. Having to resort to hyperbole to make your point means you have no point.

618338-1d7cdd6afe43cd9b6080e3d24599b244.jpg

I am not a religious person but there is good verses evil and I choose good! What he said was true and just shows how the msm is trying to divide us. My wife had her eyes opened watching the full video of his commencement speech and said, they sure cut out a lot of his speech to twist it!

I mean, he said none of those things. Having to resort to hyperbole to make your point means you have no point.
My point is in this country people have a right to free speech with limited exceptions( fighting words, profanity) none of which Mr. Butker infringed on. He simply exercised that right , although I disagree with his conclusions, he's free to express those thoughts. Free speech doesn't have to be popular speech.

My point is in this country people have a right to free speech with limited exceptions( fighting words, profanity) none of which Mr. Butker infringed on. He simply exercised that right , although I disagree with his conclusions, he's free to express those thoughts. Free speech doesn't have to be popular speech.
No argument.

And why was it an uproar when Bud Light did what they did and the conservatives went crazy over it? Boycotting, protesting on social media, etc.? There are several other examples of how BOTH sides practice "cancel culture" and I'm sick of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Riverguideer
And why was it an uproar when Bud Light did what they did and the conservatives went crazy over it? Boycotting, protesting on social media, etc.? There are several other examples of how BOTH sides practice "cancel culture" and I'm sick of it.
I think both sides of culture wars are equally disingenuous, so I agree with your point. In the case of Bud, while I think a person has every right to be a homosexual ,I don't want it rammed down my throat (no pun intended). If a company that produces consumer goods wants to run advertising that personally offends me, I have every right not to buy the product.

I think both sides of culture wars are equally disingenuous, so I agree with your point. In the case of Bud, while I think a person has every right to be a homosexual ,I don't want it rammed down my throat (no pun intended). If a company that produces consumer goods wants to run advertising that personally offends me, I have every right not to buy the product.
So are you saying that an employee (Butker) can say whatever he wants, even if the company (Chiefs) either don't agree or believe it could harm their product and they can't/shouldn't fire or reprimand him for it?

Again, I'm not for that at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Riverguideer
So are you saying that an employee (Butker) can say whatever he wants, even if the company (Chiefs) either don't agree or believe it could harm their product and they can't/shouldn't fire or reprimand him for it?

Again, I'm not for that at all.
Free speech only protects you from government action. A private employer can discipline a employee who speech is inconsistent with company policy.

There is a bit of a difference between the two. Sad you can't see it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT