ADVERTISEMENT

Hakeem Jeffries, House Dems' new leader, said Tara Reade's Pedo-Joe accusation should be 'investigated seriously'

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
I wonder what he thinks now?

I mean, we all know Pedo-Joe sexually harassed women, took inappropriate showers with his daughter and fondled little girls, but will a leftist attack one of his own? Very doubtful.

Don't worry about the bleaters. They just bleat.

LINK: 'This is a serious allegation raised by a serious individual,' Jeffries said of Reade during 2020 presidential election

House Democratic Caucus Chairman Hakeem Jeffries, who was elected Wednesday by House Democrats to succeed Speaker Nancy Pelosi, said during the 2020 presidential election that Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegation against Pedo-Joe "needs to be investigated seriously."

Jeffries made headlines in April 2020 after he broke with his party to lend credibility to the claims made by Reade, a former Pedo-Joe staffer who accused Pedo-Joe of cornering her in a Senate office building in 1993 and sexually assaulting her.

Multiple people have corroborated parts of Reade’s story since she first spoke out on March 25, 2020, but Pedo-Joe and his campaign vehemently denied the claims.

"It’s got to be taken seriously because this is a serious allegation raised by a serious individual and needs to be investigated seriously. We’ve probably got to hear from Pedo-Joe at some point directly," Jeffries told WNYC at the time.

"I’m not really in a position to say what is the appropriate mechanism, although this needs to be taken seriously," he said.

Reade was one of eight women who came forward in 2019 to accuse Pedo-Joe of inappropriate touching. She later expanded on her experience with Pedo-Joe in March 2020, alleging that he once pinned her against a wall and digitally penetrated her without her consent.

Top Democrats downplayed the allegation, despite it coming on the heels of the Me Too movement. Then-Senate candidate John Hickenlooper made headlines in June 2020 after he said he believed Reade’s allegations "to a large extent" but was going to support Pedo-Joe for president anyway.

In October 2020, Reade released the book, "Left Out: When the Truth Doesn't Fit In," about her experience coming forward with the allegation.

Jeffries’ office did not respond to Fox News Digital’s inquiry asking whether the New York congressman still agreed that the allegation needs to be investigated or if he would support an investigation in the new Congress.

Jeffries won Wednesday’s uncontested election after Pelosi and the two other incumbent members of the Democratic leadership, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, opted to step down.

Jeffries, a 52-year-old New Yorker, will be the first African American to serve as House Democratic leader.

ADVERTISEMENT