ADVERTISEMENT

Grier

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Can we all agree that WVU is nothing more than an average-to-below-average team without Grier at QB. Next year with the same depth chart is downright terrifying.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Can we all agree that WVU is nothing more than an average-to-below-average team without Grier at QB. Next year with the same depth chart is downright terrifying.
Just looking at our record, we were average with him ...in fact you could make the case that he cost this team at least two games this year...soooo

Reactions: countryroads89

D-Line is great next year. LB good possibility of improvement. CB depth is ? safety good. Offense Oline good, WR? RB good, QB huge?

Just looking at our record, we were average with him ...in fact you could make the case that he cost this team at least two games this year...soooo

Came in last night ranked 16th. If Grier plays and wins WVU ranked 10th-14th in final poll. Far from average.

Came in last night ranked 16th. If Grier plays and wins WVU ranked 10th-14th in final poll. Far from average.

Grier didn’t play and we lost. You think we’ll be ranked on top 25? I don’t.

I didn’t even bother to look it up, but did we beat a ranked team this year (ranked at the end of the year when it counts, not some fairy tale week 3 ranking)?

Really. Why?

As Huggins will tell you, beating up on bad teams and mid-majors is a great way to pad your stats and make you seem better than you are. Except for this year...Huggins is struggling to beat the mid-majors..

D-Line is great next year. LB good possibility of improvement. CB depth is ? safety good. Offense Oline good, WR? RB good, QB huge?

Correct, Allen. Even with a great defense, a team with a one-dimensional offense will be mediocre. In 1996, we had the #1 defense in the country but had Amos and an inexperienced offensive line and finsihed 8-3. With more balance, we could have run the table. If we don't find a QB and develop some wide receivers, next season could be bleak.

WVU will finish top 25.

Beat Texas. The team in the Rose Bowl.

Ranked 16th at 8-3 so most coaches and sportswriters(of course not Eers) think you’re a moron.
Let’s take a look inside the numbers shall we:
UT - they ended up 5-7 and dead last in the SECE
Youngstown State - yeah you don’t get points for beating up on a FCS school
K-State - another 5-7 school
Texas Tech - yup - 5-7
KU - 3-9 - not exactly a football powerhouse
ISU - better than the experts thought and Grier really sucked that day...
Baylor 7-6 middle of the road team....beat them...but really no great shakes there
Texas - 9-4 program and with the help of a miracle play, we beat them in the closing seconds
TCU - 7-6 team and to be honest, they did struggle this year
OSU - lost to them and I don’t think they went bowling this year...which in this day and age is no minor miracle
OU - lost.....at home..in a must win game

So, yeah this was just an average season. Beat the teams whe should have beaten, lost to a few that we should have beaten, and the D couldn’t figure out how to stop the run.

Let’s take a look inside the numbers shall we:
UT - they ended up 5-7 and dead last in the SECE
Youngstown State - yeah you don’t get points for beating up on a FCS school
K-State - another 5-7 school
Texas Tech - yup - 5-7
KU - 3-9 - not exactly a football powerhouse
ISU - better than the experts thought and Grier really sucked that day...
Baylor 7-6 middle of the road team....beat them...but really no great shakes there
Texas - 9-4 program and with the help of a miracle play, we beat them in the closing seconds
TCU - 7-6 team and to be honest, they did struggle this year
OSU - lost to them and I don’t think they went bowling this year...which in this day and age is no minor miracle
OU - lost.....at home..in a must win game

So, yeah this was just an average season. Beat the teams whe should have beaten, lost to a few that we should have beaten, and the D couldn’t figure out how to stop the run.

Ranked 16th after regular season. Don’t triple down on stupidity.

Reactions: mbryar
And what legit level did you climb to?

Not important because you guys aren’t worth my efforts to educate you. You’re all lost homer fanboy geeks.
But since you asked I played at Pittsburgh Central Catholic and walked on a preseason Top 5 team and made it. Just got hurt that’s all. Nothing crazy but while you were in the band or smokin weed with the girls I was playing. We good.

Not important because you guys aren’t worth my efforts to educate you. You’re all lost homer fanboy geeks.
But since you asked I played at Pittsburgh Central Catholic and walked on a preseason Top 5 team and made it. Just got hurt that’s all. Nothing crazy but while you were in the band or smokin weed with the girls I was playing. We good.

Yeah, the bars are full of guys who tell the same story...i was real good but got hurt.

Just heard the same story....guy said he played at Penn State, then it was he walked on...then he walked on but got hurt, ect.

Its a tired story.

No one is impressed Uncle Rico.

Yeah, the bars are full of guys who tell the same story...i was real good but got hurt.

Just heard the same story....guy said he played at Penn State, then it was he walked on...then he walked on but got hurt, ect.

Its a tired story.

No one is impressed Uncle Rico.

See that’s where geek fanboys go haha. You can’t appreciate anything about the game. Very predictable. But mostly geeks personalize. Dude I wasn’t trying to impress you. You ask me a question and I answered it. Are you impressed that I’ll make over $650,000 this year. Impressed? Just got 500 S Mercedes. You impressed? Sitting in my second home in Orlando after a round of golf at Bay Hill. I mean do I really need to go on?

I didn’t pump anything geek. I answered a question. You guys are a piece of work.

A guy asked you "what legit level" in football you rose to. Instead we get your supposed salary. Again, you have only an opinion because no bonafide football credentials deserving of more respect over anyone else's opinion here.

A guy asked you "what legit level" in football you rose to. Instead we get your supposed salary. Again, you have only an opinion because no bonafide football credentials deserving of more respect over anyone else's opinion here.

Texass do the world and your family a favor and drink bleach until you pass out. Thanks in advance.

See that’s where geek fanboys go haha. You can’t appreciate anything about the game. Very predictable. But mostly geeks personalize. Dude I wasn’t trying to impress you. You ask me a question and I answered it. Are you impressed that I’ll make over $650,000 this year. Impressed? Just got 500 S Mercedes. You impressed? Sitting in my second home in Orlando after a round of golf at Bay Hill. I mean do I really need to go on?

Yes keep going.

Give me your whole resume.

geek fanboy has replaced homer.

How ****ing lame to brag on a message board.

I don't believe any of it...not any of it.

geek fanboy has replaced homer.

How ****ing lame to brag on a message board.

I don't believe any of it...not any of it.

Makes you an ignorant tool. I have never posted one thing that isn’t true. Not one pal. All you can post is what you just posted haha. Why does it bother you that I’m successful, love Pitt, love WVU(2 out of 4 graduated from WVU and 1 has a Masters from WVU) and have not stated 1 non truthful thing on this site?

Makes you an ignorant tool. I have never posted one thing that isn’t true. Not one pal. All you can post is what you just posted haha. Why does it bother you that I’m successful, love Pitt, love WVU(2 out of 4 graduated from WVU and 1 has a Masters from WVU) and have not stated 1 non truthful thing on this site?
LOL...look at you.

Nice fictional story.

ADVERTISEMENT