ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from a Tennessee fan

Yeah, no one visits the Greenbrier Resort, the caverns near White Sulphur Springs, Blackwater Falls, Seneca Rocks, Whitewater rafts on the New and Gauley Rivers, snow skis at Canaan or Snowshoe, visits Dolley Sods, plays golf at the Pete Dye course, the Arnold Palmer Course at Stonewall Jackson, boats and skis on Summersville Lake, visits Spruce Knob, ATVs on the Hatfield and McCoy trails, mountain bikes at many locations throughout the state, hikes and bikes the Greenbrier River trail, trout fishes many streams in the state, takes train excursions through the trough where bald eagles can be seen.....

Plenty of beautiful places to visit in WV. I had a friend who played ball at WV Tech (back when they still played football) and I used to visit. Loved it there. As for Tennessee...we do have the most visited National Park in the U.S. So, there are some things that offer redemption from Dollywood (etc...).

All bullshit aside.
If you ever go to Boone, NC they do a great job at celebrating the life and music of Doc Watson.
One of the men who made music from that region famous.

I love Boone. As for an East Tennessee connection...I've always loved hearing Doc Watson and East Tennessee's Chet Atkins play together.

This was always one of my favorites...action really starts around 4:44.

Edit to add...is there a better line in a song than, "I'll haint ya, boy...if ya monkey round my widder when I'm gone"?

Tennessee has a long road back. I just hope it doesn't start Sep. 1, 2018. Tenn. goal is to make a bowl game our goal is to win the Big 12 and proceed to the CFP.

LOL. Some of you guys are priceless. Wouldn’t making a legit Bowl every once in awhile make your post claims more appropriate. I mean we all hope WVU performs like your goal claims but get real Allen.

WVU couldn’t even beat an average Virginia Tech team last year.

LOL. Some of you guys are priceless. Wouldn’t making a legit Bowl every once in awhile make your post claims more appropriate. I mean we all hope WVU performs like your goal claims but get real Allen.

Va Tech had a great D last year.
11th in the country in defensive efficiency
Offense was horrible through.
They were an above average team.
Similar teams to them were
LSU
Michigan
Texas

Overall efficiency was 20th in the country.
Not average.
Average would be 35-50.

Va Tech had a great D last year.
11th in the country in defensive efficiency
Offense was horrible through.
They were an above average team.
Similar teams to them were
LSU
Michigan
Texas

Overall efficiency was 20th in the country.
Not average.
Average would be 35-50.

Texass clown still at it. That’s your opinion Dipshitt. I saw a 4-8 Pitt team blow the game at Virginia Tech. First and goal from the 1 with a minute left in the game LOL. VaTech no better than average last year.

Greg has been owned by this message board so many times that I think he has the URL tatooed on his ass

Last edited:

Don't you have a Pitt team to worry about? I don't know which is worse. This profile or your pride304 profile.

You mean an average Tech team that went 9-3 regular season and 5-3 in ACC. That average team.

Last edited:
Don't you have a Pitt team to worry about? I don't know which is worse. This profile or your pride304 profile.

Not sure what that means but before geek fans like you pound your Big12 Title chest let’s win some meaningful games consistently.

Clever lol. I hope it’s a good game!

Some of you are probably a little too confident, but I guess we’ll find out. 31-21 Vols over mountaineers imo. We have more talent, but new schemes could hold us back.
Clemson and Georgia thought they had more talent as well. You might have the edge on defense, but we have made strides there. Offense isn't even close, advantage WVU.

GregJacobs in jail......

1tJW.gif

That is not totally true
In 2015 Tennessee blew two huges leads against OU and I believe the Piggies. Then played UGA and were down by 24?. Came back to win and finished 2015 strong.

In 16 they had I believe three consecutive weeks of unbelievable comebacks but fell short against Aggy in OT.
Injuries took their toll on Tennessee and the game against Bama in 2016 took their soul and cost Butch Jones his job.

Not to downplay 2017 and 0-8 in the SEC but Tennessee with a new coach will not be a cupcake.

Not sure what that means but before geek fans like you pound your Big12 Title chest let’s win some meaningful games consistently.

You usually are the one who brings conferences into the argument by attempting to explain why you feel the ACC is superior to the Big XII.

You definitely cannot explain why Pitt is better than WVU...

Reactions: JWBinDC
Last 10 years Tennessee 26-54 in SEC and 62-63 overall.

2017 (0-8)
2016 (4-4)
2015 (5-3)
2014 (3-5)
2013 (2-6)
2012 (1-7)
2011 (1-7)
2010 (3-5)
2009 (4-4)
2008 (3-5)

This doesn't exactly scream power house.

Last 10 years Tennessee 26-54 in SEC and 62-63 overall.

2017 (0-8)
2016 (4-4)
2015 (5-3)
2014 (3-5)
2013 (2-6)
2012 (1-7)
2011 (1-7)
2010 (3-5)
2009 (4-4)
2008 (3-5)

This doesn't exactly scream power house.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2018/05/richest_college_football_progr_1.html

The downfall of Tennessee didn't happen overnight but truthfully Majors and Fulmer resurrected a program in a downward trend.

Tennessee competes against talent rich states.
Only States that have less talent in the SEC are Kentucky, Missouri and Arkansas

In terms of resources they are a power house and like Texas when you have too many Cocks you are going to have some in fighting.

Tennessee already has talent on their roster but they brought in maybe two of the top 5 grad transfers.

You usually are the one who brings conferences into the argument by attempting to explain why you feel the ACC is superior to the Big XII.

You definitely cannot explain why Pitt is better than WVU...

Not true goofball. The entire country outside of Big12 country thinks the ACC is the better football conference. I realize the Big12 has missed the some playoffs from year to year but when do you think the Big12 will gets its first playoff win?

Not true goofball. The entire country outside of Big12 country thinks the ACC is the better football conference. I realize the Big12 has missed the some playoffs from year to year but when do you think the Big12 will gets its first playoff win?

Joel Klatt has the Big XII over the ACC this year.
One team doesn't make or break a conference

Greg Jacobs the veteran of this conference vs conference war should be much better at it then he is.

Did Penn State fans change their narrative about the Big East when Miami was winning NC from 90-2001.

Penn St fans continued with their narrative that the Big Ten was better than the Big East.

Guess what.....They won. Pitt is no longer a threat since Joe Paterno relegated them to being the little brother forever.

The Big XII and the ACC do not geographically mix except in WV.

Truthfully most Big XII schools will help the ACC narrative because of both conferences having the same enemy in the SEC.

Problem for the ACC is that their Flagship schools do not value football
UNC and UVA.
Only ACC state where an ACC member is the flagship.

The Big XII has three
UT OU and WVU.
All football first schools

We can argue revenue in all sports and in football if you want

We can argue last year results in football.

What we won't do is create arbitrary dates to attempt to prove one thing or another.

If you truly graduated from the University of Pittsburgh you should be much better than that.

Listen up dweeb.Everyone knows you're a mountaineer hater. Find another board to blow on.

You don’t have the right or ability to frame me as anything goofball. I support 4 team very closely. Pitt, WVU, Ohio State and Duquesne. There’s nothing you can post to change that punk. Nothing. I’m just not a homer like you are. Find me a WVU football or basketball post where I hate on team or coaches. You can’t fool.

Joel Klatt has the Big XII over the ACC this year.
One team doesn't make or break a conference

Like every August let’s see what happens. My point was in regards to the last few years. The funny thing is with goofballs on here like Allen is they bitch about how bad coach is and how WVU has a horrible record against top 25 competition then in the next thread they same dipshits pound their WVU chest. If Tennessee is horrible who cares if WVU beats them. If they are average then it will be a good game. WVU couldn’t beat average out of conference teams like Virginia Tech and Utah for goodness sake.

Last few years does not determine anything.

It is either the current year or it is historically.

At the current time the Big XiI is much deeper and better as a whole

FPI Top 25

ACC 4 28.5%
Big XII 3 30%

Pretty much even. But the Big XII has all Top 20 while ACC only has 75% Top 20

FPI Top 50
ACC 11 78.5%
Big XII 8 80%

What makes the difference is the amount of teams outside of Top 50
ACC 3 21.4%
Big XII 2 20%

Last few years does not determine anything.

It is either the current year or it is historically.

At the current time the Big XiI is much deeper and better as a whole

FPI Top 25

ACC 4 28.5%
Big XII 3 30%

Pretty much even. But the Big XII has all Top 20 while ACC only has 75% Top 20

FPI Top 50
ACC 11 78.5%
Big XII 8 80%

What makes the difference is the amount of teams outside of Top 50
ACC 3 21.4%
Big XII 2 20%

Haha look at the loser moving the goal posts to make himself feel better about what’s going on in college football right now. Man you’re a loser.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT