ADVERTISEMENT

Good Grief...... ESPN HAS GOT TO GET BILL WALTON OUT....

PaintedontheSky

All-Conference
Jun 29, 2013
...... of the broadcasts of college basketball. My god, that guy has lost it...... had to turn the sound off.
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by PaintedontheSky:

...... of the broadcasts of college basketball. My god, that guy has lost it...... had to turn the sound off.
smokin.r191677.gif

Walton and Dakich are the worst.

My favorite is Rafferty but I haven't seen him once this year. I wonder if he is sick.

Originally posted by EER-reverent:
Raff is on Fox Sports 1...he does Big East games pretty regularly with Gus Johnson
Raff and Guss would have to be one of the best duo's ever to call a game.

I like Fran too.

I know some people might disagree, I also like Doris Burke

Went to get a haircut today...... the shop was full of people wanting a trim or just hanging out and glad to get out after being cooped up by the weather and not wanting to shovel any more g-damn snow. Lots of sports talk and every single person there said or agreed the Bill Walton has got to go as a color guy for college basketball.
smokin.r191677.gif

ESPN has people tuning in just to see what Walton will say next. The reason more and more people are complaining about Walton is that more and more people tuned in as the word got out how much of a space case Walton was being on the air.

My take is that Walton is a space case who is intentionally exaggerating his personality on the air because it's creating a stir. It's good business for him and ESPN. Next thing you know there will be a new Bill Walton book and movie.

The more you complain the more popular Walton becomes. The more popular he becomes the more money he makes. I'm sure he has some kind of Zen perspective on being prosperous by being controversial.

It's theater and he's cashing in.
It's like a real time stand up comedy act during a basketball game and Walton is laughing all the way to the bank or his favorite drug dealer.

This post was edited on 3/7 8:26 AM by HurdyGurdyEer

at the beginning of the season I thought I was the only one, when my wife would go to bed I'd try to sneak the late Pac 12 or Mountain West game and just sat there listening like is this guy for real? I honestly felt bad for his partners some night because they are just trapped there. Seriously some bizarre stuff, and I wouldn't say chuckle bizarre, just like woah what the hell is wrong here bizarre.

ESPN has used Bill Walton's past as a running joke since he joined the network years ago. Does anyone remember the spots he used to do in the 90's leading up to the NBA draft?

Bill would be sitting at table with a lava lamp and a fake window with beaded curtains behind him, smoke wafting up around him. Walton would do these draft updates a couple of times a day. It was funny stuff.

If the schtick sells, stay with it.

Originally posted by HurdyGurdyEer:
Originally posted by wvpaper:
i really enjoy walton
He's hilarious.
very funny guy with great sense of humor.. i met him a few years ago with some friends, he had us laughing the whole time

Originally posted by HurdyGurdyEer:

i really enjoy walton
He's hilarious.
very funny guy with great sense of humor.. i met him a few years ago with some friends, he had us laughing the whole time
.......and there was a sign on the door.
laugh.r191677.gif

Group Therapy In Progress

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT