ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Golf Schedule Revealed

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
2021-22 Golf Schedule Revealed

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (June 30, 2021) – West Virginia University Director of Athletics Shane Lyons has announced the 2021-22 golf schedule.

“We are excited to play another challenging schedule in 2021-22,” head coach Sean Covich said. “We have a great mix of old familiar events with some new tournaments as well.”

The Mountaineers will open the fall season at The Gopher Invitational at the Windsong Farm Golf Club in Maple Plain, Minnesota, from Sept 12-13.

On Oct. 4-5, West Virginia will look for its fourth consecutive Mountaineer Invitational title at Pete Dye Golf Club in Bridgeport, West Virginia. The event was last played in April due to COVID-19, but now returns to its normal spot in the fall.

The Mountaineers will travel to Texas on Oct. 11-13 to compete in the Big 12 Match Play Championship at The Clubs at Houston Oaks. WVU will close out its fall season at the Isleworth Collegiate Invitational at the Isleworth Golf & Country Club in Windermere, Florida, hosted by WVU and UCF from Oct. 17-19.

The 2022 spring season begins at the Thomas Sharkey Individual Collegiate at the Georgia Southern Golf Course in Statesboro, Georgia, from Feb. 7-8.

The team portion of the spring schedule will open Feb. 12-13 at the Gators Invitational in Gainesville, Florida, played at the Mark Bostick Golf Course.

From Feb. 28 to March 2, the Mountaineers will head west to the Lake Las Vegas Intercollegiate at Reflection Bay Golf Club in Henderson, Nevada. WVU will return to Statesboro, Georgia, from March 18-20 to compete in the Schenkel Invitational at Forest Heights Country Club.

The Mountaineers will close out March with their annual trip to The Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate from March 27-29 at the Bulls Bay Golf Club in Charleston, South Carolina.

The final regular season competition will be held in Nashville, Tennessee, at the Mason Rudolph Championship at the Vanderbilt Legends Club from April 1-3.

The Big 12 Men’s Golf Championship will take place from April 25-27 at the Whispering Pines Golf Club in Trinity, Texas.

The 2022 NCAA Regionals will be hosted at various sites from May 16-18 with teams advancing to the 2022 NCAA Championship at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, from May 28-June 3.

“I believe with the roster we have coming back, plus the talented freshmen we have coming in, that we are positioned for a great season,” Covich said. There are no off weeks with this schedule. We must work hard, prepare well and play our best to have a chance in these events. But one of the reasons you come to play at West Virginia, besides competing in the premier conference in college golf, is playing an incredible regular season schedule.”

Coach sounds confident
Break through into the top half of the conference you could compete at the National level.

Have not the followed the golf team much. So I don't really know what they have.

Dominated by the Texas and Oklahoma schools
WVU trying to break into that group. If they can they could make noise in the NCAA Tournament.
Usually 6 teams advancing from regional play. All the schools from Oklahoma and Texas.

Finished 9th at the Big 12 championship.
Baylor (+34) finished in front of Kansas (+43), Kansas State (+54), West Virginia (+67) and Iowa State (+70). The Bears placed behind Oklahoma State (+9), Oklahoma (+10), Texas (+11), TCU (+20) and Texas Tech (+29)”

I played golf in high school and loved it. If I could go back I would have pursued golf into college instead of baseball. I would’ve loved to play on some of these courses that they travel to each year.

Houston Oaks is interesting. Not even in Houston. 30 miles from downtown.
It was a retreat for an oil company. So everything is first class. Pretty much a club for people connected to the oil industry in the Houston area.

Trying to open it up now to everyone.

Houston Oaks is interesting. Not even in Houston. 30 miles from downtown.
It was a retreat for an oil company. So everything is first class. Pretty much a club for people connected to the oil industry in the Houston area.

Trying to open it up now to everyone.
Im not sure the boards resident top 1% wage earner will be all that impressed. I don't see Augusta, pebble beach or St Andrews on this list. I'm sure he is on his way in his private plane right as we speak.

Coach sounds confident
Break through into the top half of the conference you could compete at the National level.
The coach actually stars in a commercial regionally.....

I forget which company.....I think Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration.....which has a relationship with WVU....it airs a lot during Pirate games on ATT Sports.

Don't see many golf coaches on tv like that.

The coach actually stars in a commercial regionally.....

I forget which company.....I think Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration.....which has a relationship with WVU....it airs a lot during Pirate games on ATT Sports.

Don't see many golf coaches on tv like that.

They are trying to get to the point where they are competing in the NCAA Tournament every year
2019 they made it. Last year was cancelled
This year they didn’t.
Feels like they could have something for 2022.

The mindset at the school is to compete in everything.
This includes golf. Probably why the coach is getting his name out there.

Texas, OU and Oklahoma State have been elite forever
Ben Hogan is from Ft Worth. TCU has always taken golf serious
Same thing with Baylor. They have had good golfers.

lol @ take on golf coach starring in a commercial for a local cleaning company.

can't make it up. . .

lol @ take on golf coach starring in a commercial for a local cleaning company.

can't make it up. . .
Lord....turdboy is like a virus...just shows up....and adds nothing....no content...bores everyone and he doesnt understand why no one likes him.

Couldn't take it that TVZ and I were in a thread without you mucking it up? So you have to come and put your worthless opinion about nothing on it.

WVU sucks. Big 12 sucks. TVZ is the devil and he has a cuck name WVUFan4ever and GregJacobs is God

Did I forget anyone stupid narratives

The OC at ULMonroe is the GOAT😂

Forgot that one.

Too entertaining. Nobody here owns them.
WVU does.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
I played golf in high school and loved it. If I could go back I would have pursued golf into college instead of baseball. I would’ve loved to play on some of these courses that they travel to each year.

So you wish you could be like me. But I am a gazillionaire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT