ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Gold bests Blue in 2022 Spring Game

See that the crowd was awesome! Must have been nearly 500 in attendance! Who says Mountaineer nation isn't mighty. Glenville State has nothing on WVU.

See that the crowd was awesome! Must have been nearly 500 in attendance! Who says Mountaineer nation isn't mighty. Glenville State has nothing on WVU.
I think the final tally was 12,678. Lots of people hiding under cover and trying to stay out of the sun's path.

You're talking about a stadium that seats 60,000. That 12,678 will look paltry. Now if it was in Huntington it would nearly be a sell out.

But why worry about crowd size at a spring game?

OVER 12K doesn't sound like much . But a pretty good increase over last few years.
That's the point. There wasn't 12k there! The same counters used in urban areas during the 2020 election...the one that counted more voters in cities than people who lived there. 500 is closer lol.

And you counted all of them. So you know for fact what the accurate number is?. Personally I thought it looked more like 2,000 to 3,000.

And you counted all of them. So you know for fact what the accurate number is?. Personally I thought it looked more like 2,000 to 3,000.
Actually I agree with you at the peak. Point is P5 schools normally have a large crowd. Small turnout reeks of low expectations.

Actually I agree with you at the peak. Point is P5 schools normally have a large crowd. Small turnout reeks of low expectations.
I guess WVU should fold the program and move on because people didn't choose to attend a meaningless spring touch football game.

I guess WVU should fold the program and move on because people didn't choose to attend a meaningless spring touch football game.
Well since you want to pick an argument...it does matter. 1. Shows real fan involvement not the fake forum homer bullsttt...2. Demonstrates program strength to recruits in attendance...3. Sets the expectation level for the coming season among both fans, players and media etc. I could go on but you would probably just wander off into weeds babbling your Slag Hollow talking points.

Well since you want to pick an argument...it does matter. 1. Shows real fan involvement not the fake forum homer bullsttt...2. Demonstrates program strength to recruits in attendance...3. Sets the expectation level for the coming season among both fans, players and media etc. I could go on but you would probably just wander off into weeds babbling your Slag Hollow talking points.
1. Perhaps your lazy ass should have went to the spring game instead of bitching.
2. Doesn't demonstrate Jack shit to recruits in attendance.
3. Expectation levels are there with or without a spring game.

The game is more or less a charity event for the children's hospital.

Quit spitting and just swallow dumbass.

1. Perhaps your lazy ass should have went to the spring game instead of bitching.
2. Doesn't demonstrate Jack shit to recruits in attendance.
3. Expectation levels are there with or without a spring game.

The game is more or less a charity event for the children's hospital.

Quit spitting and just swallow dumbass.
You're sounding like a juvenile again. Lol

That root thing has never cheered for WVU in his entire 14 year life.

The announced attendance of 12,678 was the second-largest for a Gold-Blue Game in the past decade, topped only by the 18,865 who showed up for Neal Brown's first spring game as West Virginia's head coach in 2019.

~ Greg Hunter

The announced attendance of 12,678 was the second-largest for a Gold-Blue Game in the past decade, topped only by the 18,865 who showed up for Neal Brown's first spring game as West Virginia's head coach in 2019.

~ Greg Hunter
There’s been like 10 people on the forums both in attendance and involved in the actual count that have confirmed this and people still call it a lie. People just want a reason to bitch and this board is great for it

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT