ADVERTISEMENT

Giant grocery chain fighting to keep stores open as theft, violence has 'increased exponentially:' Report

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
Again...Just great governing by left-run cities.

$500 million in losses. Sounds like a great communities for you bleaters. Just stay in them, as these stores pack up and move to Red states.....please.

LINK: A Whole Foods in San Francisco closed after being open barely a year due to safety concerns

One grocery chain is fighting hard to keep stores open despite rampant shoplifting and an uptick in violence forcing many retailers to leave major cities across the country.

Giant Food, which operates 165 supermarkets in D.C., Maryland, Virginia and Delaware, has taken multiple measures to combat theft and keep stores safe, according to a report in The Washington Post. That includes limiting store entrances; hiring security guards; restricting the number of items at self-checkout stands; putting less high-value items on shelves; and securing razor blades in containers that make noise if opened.

Company president Ira Kress said he's seen theft rise at least "tenfold in the last five years" and violence increase "exponentially."

He hopes these measures will help keep stores open, even if they inconvenience shoppers. "The alternative is worse for customers," he told the Post. "The last thing I want to do is close stores. But I’ve got to be able to run them safely and profitably."

Reactions: roadtrasheer

$500 million in losses. Sounds like a great communities for you bleaters. Just stay in them, as these stores pack up and move to Red states.....please.

LINK: A Whole Foods in San Francisco closed after being open barely a year due to safety concerns

One grocery chain is fighting hard to keep stores open despite rampant shoplifting and an uptick in violence forcing many retailers to leave major cities across the country.

Giant Food, which operates 165 supermarkets in D.C., Maryland, Virginia and Delaware, has taken multiple measures to combat theft and keep stores safe, according to a report in The Washington Post. That includes limiting store entrances; hiring security guards; restricting the number of items at self-checkout stands; putting less high-value items on shelves; and securing razor blades in containers that make noise if opened.

Company president Ira Kress said he's seen theft rise at least "tenfold in the last five years" and violence increase "exponentially."

He hopes these measures will help keep stores open, even if they inconvenience shoppers. "The alternative is worse for customers," he told the Post. "The last thing I want to do is close stores. But I’ve got to be able to run them safely and profitably."
Need to shot them, and put their bodies up for sell.

People like that are termites...they live on others work then when the area is not fit for civilization they move to the next spot ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT