ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the feeling that this year...

I think we'll be better and more competitive than people are giving us credit for. All comes down to how well our QB plays.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Mystic...agreed. However I would guess that the QB requirements under NB will be a world apart from those under DH. Efficiency, ball control and discipline now I would think.

Could be. Having a new coach always brings optimism, but Brown is a no-gimmicks coach who emphasizes fundamentals. You can bet he will show up at practice BEFORE the players.

If we get Ls, it will be cause we were short of depth or talent at spots that our opponents could exploit. Am expecting better fundamentals and in game adjustments. Anyway, can’t wait till fall.

Last edited:
The offensive line and defensive backfield are the keys.

To me the whole offense is suspect. Only the RBs have the proven experience, talent & depth needed. And they are suspect because they need the OL to be good to be effective themselves.

Moving Behrndt & Gmiter from a thin D Line was not done because their names were spelled funny.

Well for a lot of reasons...the old guard didn't leave NB with a lot of beans in the cupboard. However, the attitude change is a positive thing and could surprise us.

Could be. Having a new coach always brings optimism, but Brown is a no-gimmicks coach who emphasizes fundamentals. You can bet he will show up at practice BEFORE the players.

Does this mean that DH sometimes showed up at practice after the players? I don't know, I'm genuinely curious.

Well 66...are you serious? I am optimistic but we will get Ls for all kinds of reasons.

Optimistic we get 3 Ls. And none are bad games. Pessimistic 5-6 Ls and 1-2 are bad. I figure if Brown can beat LSU on their field with Troy resources & talent, he can do pretty good here. And he was able to bring nearly all his coaches in with him. Plus Addai. So he hits the ground with no doubts about what he will run on D or O. If we stay healthy, I’m optimistic .

Reactions: locustwv
To me the whole offense is suspect. Only the RBs have the proven experience, talent & depth needed. And they are suspect because they need the OL to be good to be effective themselves.

Moving Behrndt & Gmiter from a thin D Line was not done because their names were spelled funny.
Kinda like Dingle and Berry from a few years back?

Reactions: JWG66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT