ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Georgia QB Daniels to transfer to West Virginia

Two words....Jason Gwaltney. So much hype, so little in return.
Really? You're comparing JT Daniels to Jason Gwaltney? I think that comparison would be appropriate right when Daniels was signed out of high school and before he played in college, assuming you thought he wasn't going to live up to the hype like Gwaltney didn't live up to the hype. Daniels is already several years beyond the point where his college career surpassed Gwaltney's.

Look, 4 things will make the difference between another sub .500 season and 9+ wins...
Daniels MUST stay healthy
O-line limits penalties that take a 2nd and short into a 3rd and long
Running game takes pressure off of Daniels
Defense does its job

Look, 4 things will make the difference between another sub .500 season and 9+ wins...
Defense does its job
Agreed.

Defense does its job
Defense has done an amazing job with what they've had.

Just because Daniel's is here is no guarantee of 9+ wins. Because to win 9+ you have to win all 3 OOC games and hope you go 6-3 in conference or better.

WVU needs to do like rest of college world and quit playing 2 P5 teams OOC.

But with all the changes happening in college sports may not have to worry about playing any P5 teams ever.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Big pick-up, but with only 3 weeks of fall camp, I'd temper expectations just a tad. Every transfer QB we've had in recent years has been better his 2nd year.

Will Grier never won more than 8 games in a season at WVU and he was supposedly the best according to the experts. But somehow Daniels is going to win 9 or more?

Reactions: Rootmaster
Daniels gives WVU a chance to be better than what Brown has provided to date and that is a good thing. Strong QB play has always helped WVU to better seasons. With the new O coordinator and an experienced QB who played against PAC and SEC competition, things may get better. The question mark is all the experience that ran out the door and how badly that may affect wins/losses.

Daniels gives WVU a chance to be better than what Brown has provided to date and that is a good thing. Strong QB play has always helped WVU to better seasons. With the new O coordinator and an experienced QB who played against PAC and SEC competition, things may get better. The question mark is all the experience that ran out the door and how badly that may affect wins/losses.
Your mom gives me better head than your aunt

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Hey Buck is this you?

Will Grier never won more than 8 games in a season at WVU and he was supposedly the best according to the experts. But somehow Daniels is going to win 9 or more?
Brown's defenses are better. Dana's defenses were pedestrian for the most part.
Daniels having our OC before should be a huge help. Goin* against Slovis Game 1 should be a great motivator as well.

Brown's defenses are better. Dana's defenses were pedestrian for the most part.
Daniels having our OC before should be a huge help. Goin* against Slovis Game 1 should be a great motivator as well.
Except that better defense has mostly hit the portal lol. Clown's approach to the game has been pathetic.

Which one of these is you?

ESPN shill

Pitt/ACC shill

Marshall supporter

“Left behind “ G5 fan

Stewart family member
If I were to shill for someone I would actually speak to those who have a say in the decision and that isn't anyone on here.

Except that better defense has mostly hit the portal lol. Clown's approach to the game has been pathetic.
Defense is the one area where this staff has shown the most competency to date. The loss of messidor was the biggest punch in the gut. I don't think the others that left were unexpected or replaceable judging by the staffs reaction. I think the season will hinge on how much improvement we see in the offense. I don't expect Harrel to transform what has been a Pedestrian offense to date into a prolific high scoring offense by game 1. What he can do is help correct some of the false starts, snaps over the Qb's head and some of the other procedural nonsense we have had to put up with over the last three years. Improving on this along with what should be more serviceable Qb play could potentially lead to more wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT