ADVERTISEMENT

Geno Smith Tweets Ben McAdoo is Owed an Apology

Isn’t that the truth. I felt a little sick for him the day he was drafted by the Jets—the most disjunctional organization in the league.

Browns fans might disagree with part of your post.

Browns fans might disagree with part of your post.
I almost put “except the Browns.” I was being hyperbolic, so there was no point in saying that. Historically and in terms of winning percentage, the Jets are worse than the Browns with the all-time worst being the Bucs.

I almost put “except the Browns.” I was being hyperbolic, so there was no point in saying that. Historically and in terms of winning percentage, the Jets are worse than the Browns with the all-time worst being the Bucs.

The Jets do suck. They’re an organization hurt by the salary cap because with their spending power without one they could have runs.

Anyway....when considering the Browns not the all time worst did you (or your source) separate the new from the old?

The Jets do suck. They’re an organization hurt by the salary cap because with their spending power without one they could have runs.

Anyway....when considering the Browns not the all time worst did you (or your source) separate the new from the old?
No, and would be hard to argue that the “new” Browns aren’t the worst ever. But the organization and the NFL has been adamant that there is no new Browns. This is the historic Browns. So the NFL all-time statistics make no distinction between old and new Browns.

But the Browns and Jets are bad for the same reason—they have a complete change of direction every 2-4 years. They don’t have core convictions on how to run an organization. The Saints were like this until the 90s. The Bensons looked at how the 49ers and Giants run their teams and started following their pattern. It started with GM Jim Finks and continued through Bill Kuharich, Randy Mueller, and Mickey Loomis. Their one hire outside this paradigm was Mike Ditka, which was a disaster and led to Kuharich leaving for KC.

No, and would be hard to argue that the “new” Browns aren’t the worst ever. But the organization and the NFL has been adamant that there is no new Browns. This is the historic Browns. So the NFL all-time statistics make no distinction between old and new Browns.

But the Browns and Jets are bad for the same reason—they have a complete change of direction every 2-4 years. They don’t have core convictions on how to run an organization. The Saints were like this until the 90s. The Bensons looked at how the 49ers and Giants run their teams and started following their pattern. It started with GM Jim Finks and continued through Bill Kuharich, Randy Mueller, and Mickey Loomis. Their one hire outside this paradigm was Mike Ditka, which was a disaster and led to Kuharich leaving for KC.

The upside for the Browns looks a lot brighter than it does for the Jets right now.

Reactions: CAJUNEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT