ADVERTISEMENT

Geno has a receiver!!!

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
Marshall....
3dgrin.r191677.gif

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476933/article/bears-agree-to-trade-brandon-marshall-to-jets

Re: Jameis has a receiver!!!

finally,geno will get a shot with a decent receiving group. i'm excited for hm

Re: Not nearly as important as getting O-line help**

Originally posted by The Bell Tolls for Thee: Not nearly as important as getting O-line help
I agree. A strong(er) o-line can make the 'whole' offense better.

I doubt the Jets go there in round one though.

----------------

Here's where I stand on Geno's situation...

--Just picked up a very talented WR with little lost in the draft and he's not crazy $$$ (7.7 million).

--Will lose what was once considered a talented WR (Percy Harvin) that was due to collect crazy $$$ (10.5 million)

--The 2nd most named player that most respectable NFL mock drafts have/had the Jets drafting in the first round was WR Amari Cooper. I think we now can put that to rest.

--The most named player that most respectable NFL mock drafts have the Jets drafting is QB Marcus Mariota. That's a concern. The good news is he may not be available to them AND EVEN IF HE IS he'll still have to earn the job over a now experienced QB who a decent/good end to last season. I'm of the opinion it would still be Geno's job to lose.

--The third most named players mock drafts have the Jets are taking defensive players....CB and OLB. They have a defensive minded coaching staff so this could be the move. Even an improved defense helps a QB.

--The Jets are seemingly in good territory regarding the salary cap. Obviously, FA signing could be telling....and they have the cash to make moves.

Re: Jameis has a receiver!!!

Originally posted by EER-reverent:
fixed it for you
Ah ha! Excellent! So you've been on the blower with Maccagnan! What else did he have to divulge? Spill the beans! Or maybe in this case fabricate a small hill of them....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT