ADVERTISEMENT

Game plan for Baylor ideas

They play 10 yards off the ball and still get burnt. Amazing.
I swear this is an issue even back to JC, I don't recall our backs ever challenging wideouts regularly. I'd like receivers to be ruffed up off the line and afraid to catch (like KJ is still out there hunting).

Instead most years I feel like we let WRs catch without fear, and bank of after-the-catch D only.

Catch the ball and come out with a massive chip on your shoulder the way Texas did last Saturday. We are at least 3-2 if we catch the ball, 4-1 if we play old school underdog blue collar, 5-0 if we catch, play blue collar and don’t make selfish penalties.
Need a leader on the sidelines. You finally got your night game, make it count.

Keep it. Simple for db’s. Fastest and youngest, man coverage. If beaten by 10 yds. Pull him and give somrone else a shot. Our fastest man on their fastest receiver. Can’t get much worse!

Make every play a bubble screen. First and 10, bubble screen. First and goal inside the 1, bubble screen. Fourth and goal inside the 1, bubble screen. Fourth and 30, bubble screen.

The bubble screen used to be one of the most unpopular play calls in college football. What’s the use of a dink and dunk lateral pass that gets maybe one yard? Unless you know how it's suppose to work you might get 5 yards.

The success of a bubble screen primarily comes down to three factors.

First, the initial read by the QB or play-caller on the leverage of the defense against the play. If the offense misreads the play and thinks the target of the screen will catch the ball in space behind a block and then he doesn’t, it can look pretty ugly.

Second key is the block by the outside receiver on the corner back. Ideally he’s turning the CB’s shoulder and hooking him inside so the receiver can get outside.

Third key is the timing and placement of the ball by the QB. You can't leave yardage on the field. The WR has to use his first steps after catching the ball to find the ground and his balance. The longer you ask a receiver to sustain a block, the worse chances you have of winning the edge. Particularly before pursuit arrives.

Basically you have to have talent and speed to run the bubble screen. Oh yeah and good blockers.

Otherwise known as the Voorhees Theorem. Brilliant stuff from our resident MENSA member.
Our friendly man who thinks he knows all enjoys getting angry when others do not agree with opinion.

But tell me do we lose when we score more than our opponent? Do we?

Our friendly man who thinks he knows all enjoys getting angry when others do not agree with opinion.

But tell me do we lose when we score more than our opponent? Do we?
No disagreement. I was mocking a post of his using that stupid, "we need less FGs and more TD's" cliche and he got all pissy. Ah...good times. Good times.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT