ADVERTISEMENT

From an anti-Trump site on Susan Rice

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
To quote George Will: Well.

Someone in the White House counsel’s office leaked this to Mike Cernovich, then to Eli Lake. Given Rice’s Benghazi track record, I’m trying to think of anyone in the previous White House whose fingerprints on “unmasking” members of Team Trump would be more likely to inflame the politics around it aside from Barack Obama himself.

White House lawyers last month discovered that the former national security adviser Susan Rice requested the identities of U.S. persons in raw intelligence reports on dozens of occasions that connect to the Donald Trump transition and campaign, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter…

The intelligence reports were summaries of monitored conversations — primarily between foreign officials discussing the Trump transition, but also in some cases direct contact between members of the Trump team and monitored foreign officials. One U.S. official familiar with the reports said they contained valuable political information on the Trump transition such as whom the Trump team was meeting, the views of Trump associates on foreign policy matters and plans for the incoming administration

Rice herself has not spoken directly on the issue of unmasking. Last month when she was asked on the “PBS NewsHour” about reports that Trump transition officials, including Trump himself, were swept up in incidental intelligence collection, Rice said: “I know nothing about this,” adding, “I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that account today.”

That’s weird. Since when is Susan Rice known to lie?

Good point from Lake elsewhere in his story in noting that this helps explain why Nunes had to make that mysterious trip to the White House grounds to view intelligence about surveillance of Trump transition staffers. If he was looking at requests from Susan Rice to “unmask” American citizens in foreign intel reports, it stands to reason that they’d be on NSC computers there. Assuming it’s all true, you already know what Rice’s defense will be: (1) This was incidental surveillance, not targeted surveillance of the sort Trump alleged in his tweets about Obama wiretapping him. The targets were foreign intel officials, not Trump staffers. The surveillance itself was thus legal. (2) The “unmasking” was also legal. The law allows for American citizens to be identified in transcripts of calls when knowing their identity is important to understanding the foreign intelligence of the call. Rice will claim that given the hubbub about Russian meddling in the campaign and FBI suspicions about Trump staffers contacting Russian officials last year, she had no choice but to “unmask” Trump transition officials to know who was talking to whom about what. Rice’s credibility is pure garbage on the right post-Benghazi, though; there’s not a Republican in America who won’t assume that the “unmasking” here was nothing more than partisan politics, designed to keep tabs on what the next administration. Trump will claim vindication in his suspicions of dirty pool by the Obama White House and he’ll have lots of support.

Watch the clip below for the latest from Fox News, which reported several days ago that someone “very well known, very high up, very senior, in the intelligence world” ordered the “unmasking” of Trump staffers. Notably, Adam Housley didn’t name Rice as the culprit this morning; he acknowledged that her name was floating around in other people’s reports but he hadn’t independently confirmed that Rice was responsible. Also notable: Housley claims that the “unmasking” began up to a year before the inauguration, which would start the timeline months before Trump became the Republican nominee, and continued “for a significant amount of time.” Assuming that’s true, why were the feds “unmasking” Trump officials so early in the election process? And if it’s also true, as Nunes has claimed, that the intelligence reports in which Trumpers were “unmasked” had nothing to do with Russia or its meddling in the campaign, why was it so important to know the identities of the Trump staffers in those reports? What exactly was the foreign intelligence value? Were Hillary staffers, many of whom undoubtedly also communicated with foreign officials for various reasons during the campaign, similarly unmasked in a serial way?

One other possibility, of course, is that Cernovich’s and Lake’s source is blowing smoke, naming Rice as the culprit knowing that that’ll rile up the right when in fact some other Obama official was to blame. What was it again that Trump told us about not trusting anonymous sources? Exit question via Erick Erickson: According to Lake, it was NSC deputy Ezra Cohen-Watnick who first uncovered Rice’s role in “unmasking” the Trump transition officials. Meanwhile, reports emerged a few weeks ago that the CIA wanted Cohen-Watnick removed from the NSC. Is that a coincidence or not?

if it’s also true, as Nunes has claimed, that the intelligence reports in which Trumpers were “unmasked” had nothing to do with Russia or its meddling in the campaign, why was it so important to know the identities of the Trump staffers in those reports? What exactly was the foreign intelligence value? Were Hillary staffers, many of whom undoubtedly also communicated with foreign officials for various reasons during the campaign, similarly unmasked in a serial way?

When we get answers to these questions, we will likely see indictments. Felonies were committed here without any reasonable answers. Either we get answers, or someone is going to jail.

When we get answers to these questions, we will likely see indictments.
The identities of the staffers were likely unmasked to point out the hypocrisy of Nunez and the white houses claims. Or maybe it was normal for the white house staff to provided Nunez with info he could then brief the white house back on and confirm Trumpies tweets!, lol. And trumps justice department won't be indicting anyone on the Russian interference issue, at least Sessions won't be! It'd be funny if it wasn't the president.

The identities of the staffers were likely unmasked to point out the hypocrisy of Nunez and the white houses claims. Or maybe it was normal for the white house staff to provided Nunez with info he could then brief the white house back on and confirm Trumpies tweets!, lol. And trumps justice department won't be indicting anyone on the Russian interference issue, at least Sessions won't be! It'd be funny if it wasn't the president.

Keyer76, this was all before Nunez even got involved, and the surveillance apparently was underway well before Trump could even decide to run for President, let alone win the Republican nomination!

Your post sure doesn't answer the questions investigators will be asking Susan Rice. If she gives your answers, she's going to jail. Probably others who also handled that classified information and then leaked it illegally too.

Last edited:

Your post makes no sense. The unmasking occurred well before the Nunes trip to the NSC to view the materials. Nunes was either contacted by a source who lead him to the NSC or the White House attorneys did, either way, it doesn't matter one whit. What matters is the reason for her actions. Unless they were for national security, she is in deep $hit.

Sessions is recused himself from the Russian investigation. You need to read more. Russian story seems to be falling apart as Adam Schiff admitted on Sunday.

Reactions: atlkvb
Nothing will happen to her......as usual the MSM will keep their heads deeply buried up their asses as they usually do.....in fact they will somehow lay it on Trump. We are dealing with some real slimy people. We will probably even see one of board morons start another thread about how the Bitch won the popular vote.

Nothing will happen to her......as usual the MSM will keep their heads deeply buried up their asses as they usually do.....in fact they will somehow lay it on Trump. We are dealing with some real slimy people. We will probably even see one of board morons start another thread about how the Bitch won the popular vote.

I want to just dismiss this post as wild speculation and maybe an offhanded comment, but I eerily think you just may be 100% correct. There is certainly no "mad dash" to promote these revelations as some sort of 'smoking gun' against Obama's administration on the part of ABC, CNN, CBS, NBC. MSNBC, etc.!

It's being quietly ignored in the MSM, however it is all over Talk Radio, internet, and blogs.

You just may be right.

I want to just dismiss this post as wild speculation and maybe an offhanded comment, but I eerily think you just may be 100% correct. There is certainly no "mad dash" to promote these revelations as some sort of 'smoking gun' against Obama's administration on the part of ABC, CNN, CBS, NBC. MSNBC, etc.!

It's being quielty ignored in the MSM, however it is all over Talk Radio, internet, and blogs.

You just may be right.
As usual......I will be right.

As usual......I will be right.

I hope not, but I suspect you just may be when it comes to her or anyone else in the Obama Administration being held accountable for this. Hillary is still walking around free isn't she, and she did far worse IMO.

The problem this time is that Loretta Lynch or Eric Holder is not there to protect her. A Grand Jury will be empaneled, imo. The FBI will investigate, place her under oath, subpoena documents, etc. Grand Juries have lots and lots of power.

It's being quietly ignored in the MSM, however it is all over Talk Radio, internet, and blogs.

You just may be right.

I think the MSM reports on this for a few seconds to say they covered it. But it will be covered and if and when more revelations are revealed, more may come out. At some point, they may be forced to cover it if for no other reason than to keep up with breaking news elsewhere.

Adam Schiff last week said there was more than circumstantial evidence of collusion occurred. If you saw his Sunday interview, he walked that back, big time. He said at this time, he can't say if any collusion occurred. Big time walk back.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/schi...ence-of-trump-campaign-colluding-with-russia/
He may have walked it back a little......but he will never fully retract his allegations. The shit may be slipping off the wall but the stink still remains for all that love breathing that type of air.

He may have walked it back a little......but he will never fully retract his allegations. The shit may be slipping off the wall but the stink still remains for all that love breathing that type of air.

That is true. But if the FBI closes the case, where do they go? I think the Susan Rice story overtakes the Russian angle since I believe a Grand Jury will be empaneled shortly. Then she is in real jeopardy. If she lies under oath, she will spend even more time in prison. She can't have council present. She doesn't know what info the FBI has and can't be sure what they know. She's in a very, very difficult spot.

The problem this time is that Loretta Lynch or Eric Holder is not there to protect her. A Grand Jury will be empaneled, imo. The FBI will investigate, place her under oath, subpoena documents, etc. Grand Juries have lots and lots of power.

She'll pull a "Lois Lerner" and suddenly find new affinity for her 5th ammendment Constitutional rights...or she'll turn into an amnesia filled version of "Hillary" and forget everything she was taught past 3rd grade.

"So Mrs. Rice, did you request the names of Trump campaign Officials cuaght in this Foreign surviellance be unmasked?"

Rice: "Um, I'm sorry I don't remember"

Adam Schiff last week said there was more than circumstantial evidence of collusion occurred. If you saw his Sunday interview, he walked that back, big time. He said at this time, he can't say if any collusion occurred. Big time walk back.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/schi...ence-of-trump-campaign-colluding-with-russia/
Freebeacon.com, really? He was non-committal over the weekend, that's all. You state above that he admitted that the "Russian story seems to be falling apart" which is not what he said or anything near that. Like I said, keep on dreaming.

she is in real jeopardy. If she lies under oath, she will spend even more time in prison. She can't have council present. She doesn't know what info the FBI has and can't be sure what they know

If she is smart, she tells them who gave her orders to break the Law. That's the only thing that keeps her ass out of the clink...since this is all about politics and she is primarily a political operative, she could save herself some serious jail time by taking others above her down before she gets sent up the river.

Either way, she is in hip deep caca.

That is true. But if the FBI closes the case, where do they go? I think the Susan Rice story overtakes the Russian angle since I believe a Grand Jury will be empaneled shortly. Then she is in real jeopardy. If she lies under oath, she will spend even more time in prison. She can't have council present. She doesn't know what info the FBI has and can't be sure what they know. She's in a very, very difficult spot.
I hope you are correct. If it does happen she will be canonized by the MSM before its all over.

If it does happen she will be canonized by the MSM before its all over.

Yep, they will accuse the Trump administration & Justice Department of picking on a loyal Black Female just trying to do her job to protect her Black boss (Obama). They'll say he's picking on her becuase he's racist and hates strong Women, especially if they're Black. He has no Black Women in his administration, so obviosuly he's a Black Female racist!

Watch.

She'll pull a "Lois Lerner" and suddenly find new affinity for her 5th ammendment Constitutional rights...or she'll turn into an amnesia filled version of "Hillary" and forget everything she was taught past 3rd grade.

"So Mrs. Rice, did you request the names of Trump campaign Officials cuaght in this Foreign surviellance be unmasked?"

Rice: "Um, I'm sorry I don't remember"

Problem is that there is a paper trail. The White House lawyers already discovered it. Her only choice is to claim national security. Will it fly in front of a Grand Jury, who knows, but my guess would be that so many were unmasked, that argument will be hard to swallow.

Problem is that there is a paper trail. The White House lawyers already discovered it. Her only choice is to claim national security. Will it fly in front of a Grand Jury, who knows, but my guess would be that so many were unmasked, that argument will be hard to swallow.

The entire past 8 years of her corrpupt incompetent administration has been hard for me to swollow Pax.

Lock her up!

Your post makes no sense. The unmasking occurred well before the Nunes trip to the NSC to view the materials. Nunes was either contacted by a source who lead him to the NSC or the White House attorneys did, either way, it doesn't matter one whit. What matters is the reason for her actions. Unless they were for national security, she is in deep $hit.

Sessions is recused himself from the Russian investigation. You need to read more. Russian story seems to be falling apart as Adam Schiff admitted on Sunday.
You = dreaming.

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT