ADVERTISEMENT

Friend from EP was discussing Tyrson Bagent...

no it isn't.............. at all.

Number of division 1 offers between Schafer and Bagent combined = 1

Saunders was a 4-star ESPN QB recruit with many D1 offers........ Chugs had D1 offers all over the place........ Israel the same.

you're using hindsight to say "Yea, but........ they didn't turn out, so why not our boys?"
Sauders was a 2 star Rivals stop with that espn crap please

"So is this what Dana use's when interviewing for a new job when ask why he has never developed a QB"

No, Dana would say (in this BS hypothetical):

"Hey, look at the developments I made in my QBs between year 1 and year 2 in my system. Geno. Clint. Skyler. Grier........ all big time improvement."
then the next question why were you never able to recruit and develop a high school kid

Sauders was a 2 star Rivals stop with that espn crap please

What makes ESPN's evaluation less credible? Is it the fact that Saunders tested in the top 1% at an ESPN scouting event?

or his offers from FAU, Southern Miss or USF, among others? Or the fact that prior to his injury, he was a RS freshman in line to back up Will Grier in 2017?

2-star Rivals
3-star 24/7
4-star ESPN

take the average

then the next question why were you never able to recruit and develop a high school kid

"I was able to acquire superior talent who was immediately able to contribute"

lol at being fixated on HS QB recruiting instead of simply QB recruiting...

if he's a former HS recruit, do we start out with more points or something?

where have I been "down" about anyone or anything WVU-related in this thread?

the player in question was thoroughly vetted by many P5 schools including WVU......... as well as many G5 schools.......... and no one offered.

that's not "down," that is just a fact.

Stop building up defenses around everything WV-related. It comes off as desperate.
"desperate"? How many threads are going on now where you are going out of the way to bash a kid from WV? Seriously dude, it gets old. Just saying.

"desperate"? How many threads are going on now where you are going out of the way to bash a kid from WV? Seriously dude, it gets old. Just saying.

No one bashed any WV kid. Again, stop building defenses around nothing. If someone says a WV kid isn't the best ever, it's ok............

No one bashed any WV kid. Again, stop building defenses around nothing. If someone says a WV kid isn't the best ever, it's ok............
LOL, you must not read any of your posts. Wesco, the walk on kicker and Bryant just in the last 24 hours. You bashing a WV kid in almost every post is not me building defenses but rather it is me pointing out the obvious.

LOL, you must not read any of your posts. Wesco, the walk on kicker and Bryant just in the last 24 hours. You bashing a WV kid in almost every post is not me building defenses but rather it is me pointing out the obvious.

"bashing" Trevon Wesco for consistently dropping passes................ which is just a statistical fact

"bashing" walk on kickers for not, statistically nor historically, being great.....

"bashing" whoever Bryant is........ I assume you mean this kid at Shepherd for pointing out that he didn't have any P5 offers (which is just stating a fact)

you seem very insecure and vulnerable. No one is "bashing" anyone here except you towards me for pointing out actual facts about WV kids.

"bashing" Trevon Wesco for consistently dropping passes................ which is just a statistical fact

"bashing" walk on kickers for not, statistically nor historically, being great.....

"bashing" whoever Bryant is........ I assume you mean this kid at Shepherd for pointing out that he didn't have any P5 offers (which is just stating a fact)

you seem very insecure and vulnerable. No one is "bashing" anyone here except you towards me for pointing out actual facts about WV kids.
LOL You really have issues with understanding the difference between facts and your opinion. You go out of your way to point out a kid is from WV and sucks. It is the same as saying you are dick from Pitt. In reality, it is unlikely you are a dick because you went to Pitt. I could be wrong.

LOL You really have issues with understanding the difference between facts and your opinion. You go out of your way to point out a kid is from WV and sucks. It is the same as saying you are dick from Pitt. In reality, it is unlikely you are a dick because you went to Pitt. I could be wrong.

I've not used the word "sucks" towards any WV-born player.......... since you're talking about replacing facts with opinions and all.

What I said about Wesco - in his career, he's consistently (among his few opportunities) drops passes, including at least 2 TDs (Miami 2016; KSU 2018)

What I said about WV-born walk on kickers - They have not been great for WVU in comparison to the kickers WVU has recruited on scholarship (again, check the stats) See the difference between Josh Lambert (long of 55) and Evan Staley (long of 36)

What I said about this kid at Shepherd - He was vetted extensively by WVU as well as many P5 and G5 programs and he was never offered by ANY of them. He seems to be starting a good career at the D2 level. He should remain there and flourish because playing well at D2 is better than riding pine in D1.

please tell me where the "bashing" starts? You seem to be very, very protective and insecure here.

Last edited:
I've not used the word "sucks" towards any WV-born player.......... since you're talking about replacing facts with opinions and all.

What I said about Wesco - in his career, he's consistently (among his few opportunities) drops passes, including at least 2 TDs (Miami 2016; KSU 2018)

What I said about WV-born walk on kickers - They have not been great for WVU in comparison to the kickers WVU has recruited on scholarship (again, check the stats) See the difference between Josh Lambert (long of 55) and Evan Staley (long of 36)

What I said about this kid at Shepherd - He was vetted extensively by WVU as well as many P5 and G5 programs and he was never offered by ANY of them. He seems to be starting a good career at the D2 level. He should remain there and flourish because playing well at D2 is better than riding pine in D1.

please tell me where the "bashing" starts? You seem to be very, very protective and insecure here.
The Pitt graduate who bashes WVU kids missed the fact that statistically Staley is at 81% for his career and statistically has not attempted many long ones. I suspect he will increase his career long shortly.

The Pitt graduate who bashes WVU kids missed the fact that statistically Staley is at 81% for his career and statistically has not attempted many long ones. I suspect he will increase his career long shortly.

you keep faulting me for graduating from Pitt after graduating from WVU...... it comes off as envy.

Staley is 9/11 as a kicker for his career............... he's never made one outside of 36 yards.

Also, last season he averaged one kickoff out of bounds per game.......... and if that idiot from KSU didn't field the kick with one leg out of bounds last Saturday, there would have been another one.

Staley's lack of leg last season impacted our decision making on 4th down heavily.............. But you look at him and his predecessor, Molina, and compare them to Josh Lamber, Pat McAfee, or Tyler Bitancurt............... and there's no comparison. WVU is 33% from FG attempts beyond 36 yards over the last 3 seasons...

Bitancurt = 54% from 40+
Lambert = 60% from 40+

and let's not even get into punting under Billy Kinney compared to someone like O'Toole

Last edited:
when you have to go back that far, my point is made.

And George and Testaverdi had to prep because they left HS thinking 1+1= potato

you keep faulting me for graduating from Pitt after graduating from WVU...... it comes off as envy.

Staley is 9/11 as a kicker for his career............... he's never made one outside of 36 yards.

Also, last season he averaged one kickoff out of bounds per game.......... and if that idiot from KSU didn't field the kick with one leg out of bounds last Saturday, there would have been another one.

Staley's lack of leg last season impacted our decision making on 4th down heavily.............. But you look at him and his predecessor, Molina, and compare them to Josh Lamber, Pat McAfee, or Tyler Bitancurt............... and there's no comparison. WVU is 33% from FG attempts beyond 36 yards over the last 3 seasons...

Bitancurt = 54% from 40+
Lambert = 60% from 40+

and let's not even get into punting under Billy Kinney compared to someone like O'Toole
So you understand that I am pointing out that you are a Pitt graduate to show you how unnecessary it is to label a kid from WV before you criticizing him. You graduating from Pitt is really not relevant to your posts just the same as it is not relative to Wesco dropping a pass that he is from WV. Why in the hell would I be envious of anyone who graduated from Pitt? I have an engineering degree and own my own company. I have not ever run into a Pitt graduate in my industry but have ran into many WVU grads that own their own company. My WVU degree has served me well. But hey if my point escapes you by all means please get back to being a tool who just happened to have gone to Pitt.

QUOTE="KeatonsCorner, post: 2106203, member: 5120"]when you have to go back that far, my point is made.

And George and Testaverdi had to prep because they left HS thinking 1+1= potato[/QUOTE]

How about Cordell Jones and Mike Thomas as well as Christian Hackenburg. All rather recently. No credibility on this one!

So you understand that I am pointing out that you are a Pitt graduate to show you how unnecessary it is to label a kid from WV before you criticizing him. You graduating from Pitt is really not relevant to your posts just the same as it is not relative to Wesco dropping a pass that he is from WV. Why in the hell would I be envious of anyone who graduated from Pitt? I have an engineering degree and own my own company. I have not ever run into a Pitt graduate in my industry but have ran into many WVU grads that own their own company. My WVU degree has served me well. But hey if my point escapes you by all means please get back to being a tool who just happened to have gone to Pitt.

ITT, someone says “stop pointing out that these kids are from WV if you’re going to be critical” in a thread that exists because a kid is from WV and is playing well in Division 2

OP already admitted that if the kid wasn’t from WV, he wouldn’t have made the thread

You have to laugh at the lack of awareness here

Last edited:
Again, if the QB at Shepherd was a true freshman from Iowa.... putting up the same numbers

And he was someone that WVU brought in to multiple camps, recruiting visits and private workouts.... and didn’t offer him (along with no other P5 or G5 schools)

Would this thread exist? Nope.

ITT, someone says “stop pointing out that these kids are from WV if you’re going to be critical” in a thread that exists because a kid is from WV and is playing well in Division 2

OP already admitted that if the kid wasn’t from WV, he wouldn’t have made the thread

You have to laugh at the lack of awareness here
LOL I am sure I am not the only one laughing at the Pitt graduate who points out he is a Pitt graduate and gets all defensive about it.

LOL I am sure I am not the only one laughing at the Pitt graduate who points out he is a Pitt graduate and gets all defensive about it.

Proud of it.... top 10 grad program

You pivoting to that now is just a way to get away from the topic and try to discredit my posts because I chose to make a decision for my own betterment rather than a stupid sports rivalry that no one cares about anymore

Proud of it.... top 10 grad program

You pivoting to that now is just a way to get away from the topic and try to discredit my posts because I chose to make a decision for my own betterment rather than a stupid sports rivalry that no one cares about anymore

Pivoting from you bashing WV kids? You even get called out for in the Blue Lot. Great for you and a top 10 program. I hired the top grad student from the top program in the country. I am proud to sign his pay check every two weeks. LOL

Haven’t bashed any WV kid

I just don’t treat them like they’re precious little creatures like some

Pointing out statistics and observations isn’t bashing anyone.....

Unless you’re soft
Going out of your way to pointing out he is a WV boy when ever you point out negative statistics sure looks like bashing to me. Wesco plays because he is an exceptional blocker and handles his assignments. Are you soft Keaton? Sure seems so from here.

Going out of your way to pointing out he is a WV boy when ever you point out negative statistics sure looks like bashing to me. Wesco plays because he is an exceptional blocker and handles his assignments. Are you soft Keaton? Sure seems so from here.

I’m sure it does.... to you.

Toughen up Buttercup

Chugs is the water boy. Worst QB to ever play D1. Worse than lowly Paul Millard. That’s bad.

Dana should get a grad transfer and also add Tyson Bagent who can redshirt as transfer. That would certainly sure up the QB room nicely for years. Tyson is a steal to whoever D1 school gets him. He will transfer up.

A QB room next year with a top graduate transfer like Kelly Bryant, Lowe, Allison, Tyson Bagent would certainly produce a good starter. It’s a no brainer. Get Tyson B. He will have 3 years left after redshirt transfer year. Has high ceiling, good upside. We won’t recruit a better high school player for 2019. Might as well.

Keatoncornerloser has the self hating anti WV syndrome. He probably wasn’t very cool in WV and blamed all his problems on WV and moved. He was a nobody in WV. He couldn’t hang.

Truth is WV athletes on rise and they’ve always been underatted. Tyson Bagent would probably eventually start at WVU if he transfers there. Outside of Grier who was real good since Geno? We need Tyson to transfer here. Allison is suspect and Lowe is unknown and plays baseball too. We won’t get anybody worth it for this class better than Tyson Bagent. We need a grad transfer and Tyson Bagent for down the road afterward. That will add QB talent for years. Kid can play. WV boys are doing well at WVU. More are on way.

Reactions: AllEers6
Made the choice himself to Prep because he wasn’t being recruited as a QB...

Why didn’t this kid choose to Prep?

How is it a college coach’s fault?
Word continues to be Dwayne Grantham may not have the grades so it would be nice if we sent him to prep school or juco to get him in good standing. Sounds like what we did with Wesco.

He needs to do what Tavis Lee is doing. He can’t play this year but can practice.

Tavis Lee is blue-shirting as part of his agreement in accepting a scholarship from WVU............ he wasn't good enough in 2018, so WVU offered a 2019 scholarship after a blue-shirt year. It's not about academics with him....

you're comparing apples to oranges.

Tavis Lee is blue-shirting as part of his agreement in accepting a scholarship from WVU............ he wasn't good enough in 2018, so WVU offered a 2019 scholarship after a blue-shirt year. It's not about academics with him....

you're comparing apples to oranges.
its not he was not good enough we just didn't have ships available in the 18 class.

its not he was not good enough we just didn't have ships available in the 18 class.

Not accurate.

See: our Grad transfer CB from UCLA that never showed

Lee's offer was contingent on a blue-shirt. It's worked.... he's nearly doubled in size it seems

Not accurate.

See: our Grad transfer CB from UCLA that never showed

Lee's offer was contingent on a blue-shirt. It's worked.... he's nearly doubled in size it seems

What? He could still gain weight by just redshirting. So it had nothing to do with not good enough. See how this game works is since the CB didn't make it in Lee can go against the 18 or 19 numbers now so it insures we have a full class (which is needed because we 7 ships short of 85). So he can go against the 18 numbers and give a full 25 number. If the CB did make it in Lee would have gone against the 19 numbers

What? He could still gain weight by just redshirting. So it had nothing to do with not good enough. See how this game works is since the CB didn't make it in Lee can go against the 18 or 19 numbers now so it insures we have a full class (which is needed because we 7 ships short of 85). So he can go against the 18 numbers and give a full 25 number. If the CB did make it in Lee would have gone against the 19 numbers

The above post is your opinion of what you want to believe happened, but isn't the truth........ it is a prime example of much of this thread. You're rejecting actual events for a narrative that you prefer.

Lee blue-shirting allowed him to join the team all while STILL preserving his redshirt season availability as well and it allowed WVU to pursue better prospects in 2018.

It was posted from day 1 of Lee's recruitment on the premium board that blue-shirting was the plan.

ADVERTISEMENT