ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman Backcourt

KeatonsCorner

All-American
Nov 5, 2012
In the 2 games WVU has been forced to play the two froshes major guard minutes, we've received:

Game 1 - 36 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, and 6 turnovers

Game 2 - 27 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 5 turnovers

While the TOs need to decrease, the future is extremely bright for WVU Basketball. Add in Tarik at PG, playing a Gary Browne-type of role.............. a lot of happiness for fans is to come in the next 3 years.

sprinkle in a front line of Macon, Williams, and Holton. I just pray that they all stay where they belong.

The only person I could see leaving is either Watkins or Paige........... they both have transfer years.

But I only see Watkins leaving if WVU recruits a big man with the last scholarship. Paige could leave simply because he wants more court time.

I don't see it happening though. Phillip proved he can be our PG in the future last night too. Billydee should be the attrition-target, but by all accounts he is very happy at WVU. Adrian isn't going anywhere.

I mean, if a kid comes into Coach's office, looking for greener pastures.............. all Bob has to do is say "Have you heard of Keaton Miles or Jabari Hinds lately?"

Yes, I like the future of guard play, still not as optomistic about bigs.

Williams is the only one I feel good about and hopefully will improve, but the others are really not...well, not good. They need to work their butts off in the off season and improve vastly...hope we sign a couple more to help out.

Agree...in this league you need a strong presence in the paint

to oppse guys like Ridley and others. I'd like to see a few more PFs on our roster.

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
The only person I could see leaving is either Watkins or Paige........... they both have transfer years.

But I only see Watkins leaving if WVU recruits a big man with the last scholarship. Paige could leave simply because he wants more court time.

I don't see it happening though. Phillip proved he can be our PG in the future last night too. Billydee should be the attrition-target, but by all accounts he is very happy at WVU. Adrian isn't going anywhere.

I mean, if a kid comes into Coach's office, looking for greener pastures.............. all Bob has to do is say "Have you heard of KeatonsCorner or Jabari Hinds lately?"
or this..lol.

ADVERTISEMENT