ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Forward Matthews to transfer back to West Virginia

Well this is interesting. Matthews is a solid player, but was never a player to really build a team around like McBride, Butler, Jones, Carter, etc... He is definitely better than most of the players we brought in last year to replace the players we lost. However, that is more an indictment on the poor play of last year's additions more so than praise for Matthews. So I can't say I'm super pumped for this because part of me would rather take a chance on maybe hitting the lottery with another player in the portal rather than accepting the known quantity of Matthews which is not player capable of elevating those around him.

I would've preferred Akok Akok for our last scholly. Mathews left for greener pastures already. He's a solid player but was never consistent. Oh well. Welcome back Emmitt, blah.

I would've preferred Akok Akok for our last scholly. Mathews left for greener pastures already. He's a solid player but was never consistent. Oh well. Welcome back Emmitt, blah.
Identical to Jalen Bridges.

Here’s the latest on former UConn 4-star transfer forward Akok Akok.

As of today, the four teams in the running for Akok are Pitt, Georgetown, West Virginia and Ohio State.

Word has it that Pitt is in the lead.

Akok Stats
PTS - 3.4
REB - 3.2
AST - 0.3
FG% - 47.6
FT - 33.3%
MPG. - 13.9

Last edited:
Everyone is missing the point.

Attention to the Never-Huggins crowd;

WHY ON GOD’S GREEN EARTH would a guy who was here when it was bad, got out when the timing was right, then come back? Not the team mates, they are all gone, not the school or Morgantown, “it’s a hell hole”. Why then did he return? He could of gone ANYWHERE.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Everyone is missing the point.

Attention to the Never-Huggins crowd;

WHY ON GOD’S GREEN EARTH would a guy who was here when it was bad, got out when the timing was right, then come back? Not the team mates, they are all gone, not the school or Morgantown, “it’s a hell hole”. Why then did he return? He could of gone ANYWHERE.
Root …. Bucky ???

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT