ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you that remember doc, out of Nashville, he helped get the golf team...

Mntneer

Heisman Winner
Oct 8, 2001
back up and competing at WVU years back. Well our golf team just qualified for the Championship. First time since something like 1947.

back up and competing at WVU years back. Well our golf team just qualified for the Championship. First time since something like 1947.
Was he the guy who got into it with V and left the board?

Hes the optometrist golf digest guy, Mike, something or other. I actually thought you guys were friends IRL.
Never met him. I think he’s the one who dated Joe Frzy sister. My brother played on that team with Joe.

He is out of Knoxville. He is a good guy. We argued like crazy about politics but he is a good dude.

Mark is his name…he’s from the same neck of the woods as me. He’s still in Tennessee. Looked at his FB posts and didn’t see anything about the WVU golf team.

Yeah, years ago when my father was still on the BOG, Mark made a push with other donors to get enough raised to fund the golf program and bring it back to WVU. I think he played for WVU back in the 70's.

There was a boy from this area, Washington High School, that was on the team for a while, but it's cool to see the program do so well so quickly.

Yeah, years ago when my father was still on the BOG, Mark made a push with other donors to get enough raised to fund the golf program and bring it back to WVU. I think he played for WVU back in the 70's.

There was a boy from this area, Washington High School, that was on the team for a while, but it's cool to see the program do so well so quickly.
If it’s the same guy he’s an optometrist and he practices in oak ridge. He finished up playing about the time they stopped it. His goal is to play all the top 100 courses in the US. Not the guy who got into it with V.

Mark is his name…he’s from the same neck of the woods as me. He’s still in Tennessee. Looked at his FB posts and didn’t see anything about the WVU golf team.
Oak ridge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT