ADVERTISEMENT

For those not excited about Miami

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
We will be damn lucky to beat a healthy Miami team. Defense will have to step up AGAIN.

Not sure about that but, Vegas line indicates you are not alone in that thinking. Line opened at Miami -1 1/2 and now -3 to 3 1/2, with approximately 70% of wagers going on Miami. Should be interesting and looking forward to it.

So we're the underdogs and becoming an even bigger dog .... heh, heh, heh.

[cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers] [cheers]

Reactions: lenny4wvu
"We will be damn lucky to beat a healthy Miami team."

"We will be damn lucky to beat a healthy Clemson team."

"We will be damn lucky to beat a healthy Georgia team."

"We will be damn lucky to beat a healthy Oklahoma team."

[WVU]

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
But our schedule was murderers row. Surely we will have no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoWVU
WVU owe dem Canes sompin. I say we deliver the present late..............late like 3 days after Christmas. Yes..............the defense will have to do their job. Skyler and the offense will have to do the same. I get it.

Reactions: hunterspot1
Look at what Miami did to PITT, a team with two top 6 wins. Don't shoot the messenger

It will be a very tough game. I just don't think it is going to seriously alter the trajectory of our program win or lose. Our recipe for success is protecting the ball and bend but don't break D, if a track meet breaks out we lose, if a sloppy FG fest breaks out we should win.

We will be damn lucky to beat a healthy Miami team. Defense will have to step up AGAIN.

51401319.jpg

Quit trying to blame the defense for our 2 losses this year! We win and lose as a team!
No one with football knowledge would blame Gibson's defense for either loss. Not with 7 turnovers NOT caused by the defense in the 2 losses. The defense saved 3 to 5 games despite offense and special teams miscues. Without this REBUILT defense, WVU would have struggled to become bowl eligible.

The same could be said for Alabama, Ohio State, etc. All great teams have great defenses. Gibby deserves all the credit in the world, but anyone who does not believe that you win and lose as a team has very little understanding of the game. I would say that we played bad on all 3 sides of the ball in our 2 losses, and that our 10 wins should be credited to the defense for Putting the offense in positions to score, and to our offense for being able to capitalize! Believe what you want, we are all WV fans, and as long as we win, who really cares who plays the best. Only people who can't bear to give credit to our head coach make comparisons. Personally, I am very happy with what we have!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT