ADVERTISEMENT

for those govt workers caught up in the shutdown... PayPal offering $500

http://211.org/

is a starting place...
so that you’re happy over the fact that millions of Americans (including contractors) aren’t getting paid...and that contractors will not be able to recover lost wages. I supposed if you actually got a pay checked you’d be better able to understand why that’s a bad deal.

I sat through a conference call @ 4pm today listening to people talk about the shutdown and how it's affecting/effecting them...

and 90% weren't happy with their Congressmen...

the Puerto Rico vacation was a bad idea...

no one was happy, a few were scared...

I've known most of those people for ten years...

Great, but how does it help those employees that are being forced to go to work without pay, the ability to put gasoline in their cars, pay for day care, and buy food? Also, how do you explain to an IRS employee that they have to leave their paying part-time job to go back to the IRS and work for free?

I care, but this isn't on me..

maybe next time you'll vote for the right Congresspeople...

Great, but how does it help those employees that are being forced to go to work without pay, the ability to put gasoline in their cars, pay for day care, and buy food? Also, how do you explain to an IRS employee that they have to leave their paying part-time job to go back to the IRS and work for free?
That they reap what they vote for, regardless of party. On the one hand, people voted in Trump. On the other hand, they may have voted for the Dem House hell bent on resisting the President at all costs, whether it makes sense or it doesn’t as in this specific case.

More care should be given when electing your representative Government.

That they reap what they vote for, regardless of party. On the one hand, people voted in Trump. On the other hand, they may have voted for the Dem House hell bent on resisting the President at all costs, whether it makes sense or it doesn’t as in this specific case.

More care should be given when electing your representative Government.
Or you live in a state like Virginia, that has a mix of GOP members in the House, two Dem Senators (that you didn’t vote for), and you voted for Trump as well. It’s not as simplistic as you make it out to be. I’m sure those Coast Guardsmen who are putting their lives on the line and not getting paid would take issue with your sentiments

Congratulations on living in an intelligent area...

and I live with a Coastie...

yes, Virginia suxs...

Or you live in a state like Virginia, that has a mix of GOP members in the House, two Dem Senators (that you didn’t vote for), and you voted for Trump as well. It’s not as simplistic as you make it out to be. I’m sure those Coast Guardsmen who are putting their lives on the line and not getting paid would take issue with your sentiments
I was speaking for the entire electorate.

Really must be tough getting paid for not working. I am on SS and get a check every month. I don't get a check every two weeks. Why don't people understand that SS pays enough - just not often enough. Nancy and the other liberals don't go all to hell because I don't get two checks a month.

Those people on a government check have got to learn to manage a little better. I know I am only going to get one check this month and it will come in about two weeks. I have known this fact for a while. Have an open mind and consider the parallel being made about two classes of people. Neither class is working. We will not get two checks this month. The affected people were absolute idiots if they discounted what Trump said about the govt closing. That should not have surprised anyone. The surprising thing is that the working class is going to get paid for not working.

Reactions: WVU82
Really must be tough getting paid for not working. I am on SS and get a check every month. I don't get a check every two weeks. Why don't people understand that SS pays enough - just not often enough. Nancy and the other liberals don't go all to hell because I don't get two checks a month.

Those people on a government check have got to learn to manage a little better. I know I am only going to get one check this month and it will come in about two weeks. I have known this fact for a while. Have an open mind and consider the parallel being made about two classes of people. Neither class is working. We will not get two checks this month. The affected people were absolute idiots if they discounted what Trump said about the govt closing. That should not have surprised anyone. The surprising thing is that the working class is going to get paid for not working.
It is hard.....the electric company wants their money now...not later.....the water dept wants their money now...not later.......the mortgage and insurance companies want their money now...not later.....for those that are expected to work during the shutdown, they have to pay for day care and transportation to and from work (which is difficult if you’re not getting paid)....

It is hard.....the electric company wants their money now...not later.....the water dept wants their money now...not later.......the mortgage and insurance companies want their money now...not later.....for those that are expected to work during the shutdown, they have to pay for day care and transportation to and from work (which is difficult if you’re not getting paid)....
First thing they need to do is go to bank and float a small loan. The whole world know the federal government owes the individuals. Show a check stub or anything proving who owes you - US govt. All else being equal, float the loan. Unless you have a bad credit history, the money should be available. It could even open up a new line of customers for the banks willing to work with potentially new customers.

It is not as gloom as you and the media portray. The world utilities being owed small amounts by customers will not have to file appropriate chapter. All of these government workers do not owe one creditor, this is spread all over the country. Of course one vendor could not stand the total non-payment, but this situation is very diversified.

Try to reason where everyone stands. It is not a dire situation near what one first construes.

First thing they need to do is go to bank and float a small loan. The whole world know the federal government owes the individuals. Show a check stub or anything proving who owes you - US govt. All else being equal, float the loan. Unless you have a bad credit history, the money should be available. It could even open up a new line of customers for the banks willing to work with potentially new customers.

It is not as gloom as you and the media portray. The world utilities being owed small amounts by customers will not have to file appropriate chapter. All of these government workers do not owe one creditor, this is spread all over the country. Of course one vendor could not stand the total non-payment, but this situation is very diversified.

Try to reason where everyone stands. It is not a dire situation near what one first construes.

So, to maintain that loan, you’d need money which isn’t coming in - also you have to pay interest on that load (500 from pay pal doesn’t cover a mortgage payment) and that goes as a financial loss to the federal employee. Also, assuming that this thing is going to drag out, that federal employee is goign to need more than just a small loan to cover expenses...like say rent or a mortgage. Furthermore contractors won’t see a dime of their salary returned to them (they’re screwed) and vendors aren’t getting paid so they’ll have to eat some costs until the gov’t reopens (for small business that could translate into layoffs).

If you hold a clearance, bad credit reports could result in termination......you really want someone to lose their job because the water bill was a few days late?

So, to maintain that loan, you’d need money which isn’t coming in - also you have to pay interest on that load (500 from pay pal doesn’t cover a mortgage payment) and that goes as a financial loss to the federal employee. Also, assuming that this thing is going to drag out, that federal employee is goign to need more than just a small loan to cover expenses...like say rent or a mortgage. Furthermore contractors won’t see a dime of their salary returned to them (they’re screwed) and vendors aren’t getting paid so they’ll have to eat some costs until the gov’t reopens (for small business that could translate into layoffs).

If you hold a clearance, bad credit reports could result in termination......you really want someone to lose their job because the water bill was a few days late?
Really and truly would hate to see anyone lose their job over attempting to default on a small payment to utility or mortggage payment or vehicle payment. I really think anyone could get that covered because Fed Govt has said these employees are going to be paid for all lost time.
It really cannot be that difficult. The money is as good as being in the bank, nearly. The Federal is holding it. Take their pay stub and calculate what is due. Sign a note to Fed that that amount is payable to the bank X and withhold it from the fed employee payroll. Not many federal employees would put job in jeopardy by stiffing the bankX.

Really and truly would hate to see anyone lose their job over attempting to default on a small payment to utility or mortggage payment or vehicle payment. I really think anyone could get that covered because Fed Govt has said these employees are going to be paid for all lost time.
It really cannot be that difficult. The money is as good as being in the bank, nearly. The Federal is holding it. Take their pay stub and calculate what is due. Sign a note to Fed that that amount is payable to the bank X and withhold it from the fed employee payroll. Not many federal employees would put job in jeopardy by stiffing the bankX.
If only that were the way it worked

So what are we supposed to do about it? Non govt workers are powerless to change anything. I didnt vote for Pelosi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT