ADVERTISEMENT

For the Dana Haters - There's Hope

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
21. Was a blowout loss to Stanford the point of no return for Oregon coach Mark Helfrich? The Ducks will finish the season at No. 13 Utah and at Oregon State, hoping to extend their eight-game winning streak in the Civil War that is pretty much the only thing left from the Chip Kelly era.

22. Dana Holgorsen to Oregon? No secret that West Virginia athletic director Shane Lyons pondered making a coaching change last year. Maybe Holgorsen cashes in on his big season and finds another job.

Per Ralph D. Russo - AP

21. Was a blowout loss to Stanford the point of no return for Oregon coach Mark Helfrich? The Ducks will finish the season at No. 13 Utah and at Oregon State, hoping to extend their eight-game winning streak in the Civil War that is pretty much the only thing left from the Chip Kelly era.

22. Dana Holgorsen to Oregon? No secret that West Virginia athletic director Shane Lyons pondered making a coaching change last year. Maybe Holgorsen cashes in on his big season and finds another job.

Per Ralph D. Russo - AP
You are a baiter. I have seen no evidence of Dana hating, yet you simply want to cause trouble where there is none. I personally could not be more happy with the way the season is going.

You are a baiter. I have seen no evidence of Dana hating, yet you simply want to cause trouble where there is none. I personally could not be more happy with the way the season is going.

Go and look at "steeleer" post.....you'll see hating there.....

If Oregon or Lsu were to hire Holgersen it could turn out to be that best thing that ever happened to Wvu. Tony Gibson's defense is the real reason Wvu is winning. Lyons would have the opportunity to do the right thing and make Gibson the HC. I have no doubt Gibson would be a great HC the job he has done with the Defense this season says it all. The only problem is that in 3-4 years schools would be knocking at the door trying to poach TG. It might even be Oregon or Lsu after they find out Holgorsen hosed them they way he did Oliver Luck in contract negotiations after the orange bowl. Promote coach Gibson now. This is the Boise State scenario all over again. Dan Hawkins got all the credit Chris Petersen did all the work. Same story here.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
If Oregon or Lsu were to hire Holgersen it could turn out to be that best thing that ever happened to Wvu. Tony Gibson's defense is the real reason Wvu is winning. Lyons would have the opportunity to do the right thing and make Gibson the HC. I have no doubt Gibson would be a great HC the job he has done with the Defense this season says it all. The only problem is that in 3-4 years schools would be knocking at the door trying to poach TG. It might even be Oregon or Lsu after they find out Holgorsen hosed them they way he did Oliver Luck in contract negotiations after the orange bowl. Promote coach Gibson now. This is the Boise State scenario all over again. Dan Hawkins got all the credit Chris Petersen did all the work. Same story here.
and I am a little concerned that after Dana screamed at our best recruiter on national tv that we may have an issue brewing

and I am a little concerned that after Dana screamed at our best recruiter on national tv that we may have an issue brewing
Yeah. A HC going berserk on an assistant during a game? Unheard of!

Per Ralph D. Russo - AP
another bozo on "ignore"...........

you too Spooky. Ignore for you also..............

What an absolute liar.

You've done nothing but hate Dana since the moment he stepped foot on campus. Sorry, but your credibility is at ZERO.

What an absolute liar.

You've done nothing but hate Dana since the moment he stepped foot on campus. Sorry, but your credibility is at ZERO.
It is clear you only read what you care to in my posts. I have said many times that I hope to be wrong and have also said that I could not be happier to admit that it appears I was wrong. Look, if it means that my Mountaineers are doing well, I will eat as much crow as you baiters want to feed me. But make no mistake, many on this board are just that, baiters, wanting to cause trouble where there would otherwise not be any.

Per Ralph D. Russo - AP

Crap, crap, crap .... there is no evidence that Lyons pondered a change. We only know that contract negotiations were put on the shelf.

Both Oregon and LSU are going for Chip Kelly. I would not be surprised to see Orgeron stay in place at LSU if LSU finishes strong. Not sure about the inner workings of their recruiting, but they get a ton of top shelf talent, if that infrastructure is still in place the LSU administration would do well to not reinvent the wheel and a fresh set of eyes might be all that the program needs.

Why did you reply to this if you not a Dana hater?
And by the way, I'm not just a baiter, I'm a master baiter.

Why did you reply to this if you not a Dana hater?
And by the way, I'm not just a baiter, I'm a master baiter.
Not really all that difficult to know who you and others talk about since I was called out by name by one of your fellow baiters in an earlier post. I'm really not sure why you and others cant just enjoy what is a successful season to this point. I think it is a character flaw of some sort that makes some people need to put others down to have feel some significance in themselves.

Not really all that difficult to know who you and others talk about since I was called out by name by one of your fellow baiters in an earlier post. I'm really not sure why you and others cant just enjoy what is a successful season to this point. I think it is a character flaw of some sort that makes some people need to put others down to have feel some significance in themselves.

I do enjoy it, more than a person such as yourself could ever appreciate. I'm just glad Dana's hard work has paid-off and has been acknowledged by college football professionals. I also hope we can hold on to Dana. And actually, I don't think of you as a Dana hater, at least not on the same level as Udder or toilet paper. I have always thought of you as a pathetic and insecure hypocrite, with all due respect.

I do enjoy it, more than a person such as yourself could ever appreciate. I'm just glad Dana's hard work has paid-off and has been acknowledged by college football professionals. I also hope we can hold on to Dana. And actually, I don't think of you as a Dana hater, at least not on the same level as Udder or toilet paper. I have always thought of you as a pathetic and insecure hypocrite, with all due respect.
Wow, and to think, I have been called judgmental. Actually, like you I'm sure, I just want West Virginia to be successful and respected. And I'm not sure what "a person like me is," but I'm far from any of those things but I doubt you care anything about facts.

Wow, and to think, I have been called judgmental. Actually, like you I'm sure, I just want West Virginia to be successful and respected. And I'm not sure what "a person like me is," but I'm far from any of those things but I doubt you care anything about facts.
No you don't. You wanted Stew, not Dana. Now you're bitter that Dana has way out-performed anything Stew ever did or would have ever done. Go ahead. You can admit it.

For the love of Allah and Cthulu, stop using "baiter" in your posts!

No you don't. You wanted Stew, not Dana. Now you're bitter that Dana has way out-performed anything Stew ever did or would have ever done. Go ahead. You can admit it.
I liked Stewart personally and did not care for the manner in which his dismissal was handled. None of that was Holgorsen's fault. I have never wanted anything but success for WVU. Anyone that knows me will tell you that. Hell, I missed the birth of two of grandchildren because I was at a WVU football game for one and a BB game for the other. I travel long distances, sometimes to and from a game on the same day, to see them play. Everyone of my family members knows not to schedule any life changing events during football season and even BB season will be iffy. Whenever any WVU team is in my area, I take time to attend the event, most recently a WVU womens soccer game at Richmond.

As for Holgorsen, I honestly hope he turns out to be the best coach in WVU history. I said before, I will let you and others feed me crow all day if it means my Mountaineers are successful. I don't know how Stewart and Holgorsen would have compared in success anymore than you do, nor does it matter. I stand by the fact that until this season, we really had no reason to believe DH would be a good HC as he had not given us any reason to believe he would. Now, we can debate that all day and I may be right or you may be, but it does not make me any of those things you said. I can say, to my knowledge, I have never called anyone names on this board or made a personal judgement about them based on a post on a sports message board.

Having hindsight we all wish that a contract got signed. As I have said before-- this is like a pro in last year of his contract. Sometimes the team wins if the player struggles a bit and sometimes the player wins. Here Dana has won big time and will be paid accordingly. We can all beat up Lyons, but this was not a slam dunk situation for him during the summer. He had 4 years of disappointing results and pressure from some boosters to make a change. He also wanted to protect WVU from a really high buyout clause. Now he may not be able to avoid that. Both made their bets and Dana won. It happens all of the time in pro sports and coaching negotiations.

As to Oregon or LSU or others stealing him. The risk of this will be there no matter when Dana signed/signs a contract. Big schools could give a crap about buyouts and will always significantly outbid us. We have to hope that Dana and his family like it here and will settle for a little less. That will always be our situation.

I have spent a decent amount of time with Dana and know that he loves Morgantown. Now this does not say how he feels about his boss which may be totally different. I am pretty sure offers will come his way-- if not this year then in the future-- so hopefully his love of living in Motown will win out over big dollars.

I liked Stewart personally and did not care for the manner in which his dismissal was handled. None of that was Holgorsen's fault. I have never wanted anything but success for WVU. Anyone that knows me will tell you that. Hell, I missed the birth of two of grandchildren because I was at a WVU football game for one and a BB game for the other. I travel long distances, sometimes to and from a game on the same day, to see them play. Everyone of my family members knows not to schedule any life changing events during football season and even BB season will be iffy. Whenever any WVU team is in my area, I take time to attend the event, most recently a WVU womens soccer game at Richmond.

As for Holgorsen, I honestly hope he turns out to be the best coach in WVU history. I said before, I will let you and others feed me crow all day if it means my Mountaineers are successful. I don't know how Stewart and Holgorsen would have compared in success anymore than you do, nor does it matter. I stand by the fact that until this season, we really had no reason to believe DH would be a good HC as he had not given us any reason to believe he would. Now, we can debate that all day and I may be right or you may be, but it does not make me any of those things you said. I can say, to my knowledge, I have never called anyone names on this board or made a personal judgement about them based on a post on a sports message board.

LOL - 8 wins under a brutal schedule last season and masterful performance in an Orange Bowl victory...but until right now we've had no reason to believe he'd be a good HC?

Go bait yourself.

Go and look at "steeleer" post.....you'll see hating there.....

Hating = not mortgaging the future over one very good season out of the past 5.

Guilty as charged.

Sue me if I'd like to see a trend before we write another 5 year extension for even more money/year with the whole thing being guaranteed like the last deal he got.

LOL - 8 wins under a brutal schedule last season and masterful performance in an Orange Bowl victory...but until right now we've had no reason to believe he'd be a good HC?

Go bait yourself.
I apologize. I thought this was a sports message board where a person could post their opinions. Some people just want to cause problems where there are none.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer

I don't think Dana wants to, or will leave unless we put on our "stupid hats" as we did with Bobby Bowden. If he were to leave the chances of TG becoming the HFC are slim. I like and respect him a whole lot and believe one day he will be a great HC. With that said he has never been a HC and he simply will not get the job. Look for Lane Kiffin to become the next HFC if the opening is there this year

I don't think Dana wants to, or will leave unless we put on our "stupid hats" as we did with Bobby Bowden. If he were to leave the chances of TG becoming the HFC are slim. I like and respect him a whole lot and believe one day he will be a great HC. With that said he has never been a HC and he simply will not get the job. Look for Lane Kiffin to become the next HFC if the opening is there this year
Not to take away from your point about Holgorsen but Bowden would have never been as successful at WVU as he was at FSU and even he said Nehlen was a much better fit at WVU than he was. As for Holgorsen, I have no idea if he will leave or not, but I do know that if he is to leave for a school like LSU he has had to have great success here and I will take that. Holgorsen is not from WV and does not owe us anything past his contract. I would much rather him leave due to being successful than get fired for lack of it. I do not think he leaves because of anything we do or don't do. If he leaves it will be for a perceived better program, like LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT