ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck finally bails

It actually makes sense. Steps into a situation where there will not be a high expectation to do anything, with Mich and Ohio State in the other division, winning a division title and even B1G title during his tenure isn't impossible.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
Minnesota looks like a good spot for him. He should be able to win 8 games a year there.

Even Lou Holtz, cheat is he might, had a losing record in 2 seasons at Minnesota. Horrible job.
What does Wisconsin have that Minnesota doesn't have? He's a good coach. I expect he'll get some players and win there.

What does Wisconsin have that Minnesota doesn't have? He's a good coach. I expect he'll get some players and win there.
You might be right. Minnesota last won a title in 1967. It would be nice to see someone different making noise in the B1G.

nobody has won anything at Minnesota in 50 years....... Every coach from Alvarez on has kicked butt at Wisconsin. Humhhhhh

Wisconsin has done well because they invested in their program from Barry Alverez on. Look at their facilities which are on campus and amongst the top in the B1G.

Compare that to Minnesota who until recently played in an off campus Hubert J Humphrey Metrodome. Pro Stadiums are no home field advantage and over time that diminishes your program (unless you got infinite home grown talent and you cheat like a Hurricane to keep it).

Now Minnesota has an on campus Stadium and the facilities. They could do alright with the right hire. They've missed on one guy with bad health and another who POd the administration.

Who knows with PJ Fleck? Coaching at the G5 level (the MAC) ain't the same as in the P5 conferences. The SOS is miles apart. The recruiting and admission requirements are Waaay different. Minnesota is not Purdue, so it's not a total rebuild.

Les Myles was reportedly another option. Of course that could have been reported from Les Myles agent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT