ADVERTISEMENT

Five teams that start the season overrated

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
2 of WVU first 5 opponents listed as overrated.

No. 16 Pittsburgh​

The belief that the Panthers are poised to possiblly repeat their ACC title seems to rest on the expectation that Southern California transfer Kedon Slovis will seamlessly transition in as the starting quarterback after Kenny Pickett's departure. Slovis had an outstanding freshman season in 2019, but two disappointing campaigns with the Trojans should temper optimism. The unexpected departure of wide receiver Jordan Addison (1,593 yards and 17 touchdowns) after winning the Biletnikoff Award could be equally damaging to an offense that changes offensive coordinators. Up front, the defense looks solid, but how the back seven comes together will decide how well the group performs. Playing the weaker Coastal Division and avoiding Clemson and North Carolina State helps the overall outlook for Pitt but another top 15 finish seems to be a reach unless everything comes together like last year.

No. 18 Texas​

The Steve Sarkisian era started with a motto of "All Gas No Breaks." The results were, unfortunately, similar to a car crash with a 5-7 record that included a loss at home to Kansas. The Longhorns have retooled with some key transfers, including heralded QB Quinn Ewers from Ohio State and WR Isaiah Naylor from Wyoming. Ewers, a five-star prospect who reclassified last year and saw no meaningful time with the Buckeyes, is expected to eventually win the starting job despite competition from last year's backup, Hudson Card. Asking him to be the savior this season - even with RB Bijon Robinson and WR Xavier Worthy being two elite skill guys - is a tall order. His arrival also doesn't fix concerns about an offensive line that struggled last year and a defense that lacked toughness up front. Texas seems far off the front three of the Big 12 and also faces Alabama. Just making the final rankings would be a major sign of improvement.

The other 3
#7 Texas A&M
#15 USC
#22 Cincinnati

Shouldn't even be pre-season rankings. Should wait until at least halfway through the season and come out with first rankings. Bunch of nerds are usually doing the ranking of teams for the coaches. Same is true for the AP poll. I know a few of the AP voters, and they're clowns that know very little about sports, other than stealing rankings from one of the other sites and using as their own. Hell, one coach even ranked the Longhorns #1. Does TVZ coach?

I see nothing wrong with their prediction of overrated teams. Seems spot on. Pitt plays a weaker schedule than Marshall. WVU is probably Pitts toughest game this year.

I see nothing wrong with their prediction of overrated teams. Seems spot on. Pitt plays a weaker schedule than Marshall. WVU is probably Pitts toughest game this year.
poster child for misinformed.. UT, Miami, UNC, UL, all easily more difficult games than WVU. Will be a long year for Pitt if they lose to WVU..

poster child for misinformed.. UT, Miami, UNC, UL, all easily more difficult games than WVU. Will be a long year for Pitt if they lose to WVU..
UNC 6-7
UT 7-6
UL 6-7
Miami 7-5

wow so scary...Overrated. It's why they have a winning record because they play pussy schedule.

In 2022 No Clemson, No FSU, No Notre Dame, but they do play @WMU the team that beat their ass last year.

Pitt 2022 Schedule with 2021 record
WVU 6-7
Tenn. 7-6
WMU 8-5
Rhode Island 7-4
G. Tech 3-9
V. Tech 6-7
UL 6-7
UNC 6-7
SU 5-7
UVA 6-6
Duke 3-9
Miami 7-5 (picked to win the coastal this season)
Wake Forest 11-3 (also played a weak schedule)
Michigan State 11-2 (beat shit out of Pitt in Bowl game)

Let me know when they play somebody

Reactions: atlkvb
UNC 6-7
UT 7-6
UL 6-7
Miami 7-5

wow so scary...Overrated. It's why they have a winning record because they play pussy schedule.

In 2022 No Clemson, No FSU, No Notre Dame, but they do play @WMU the team that beat their ass last year.

Pitt 2022 Schedule with 2021 record
WVU 6-7
Tenn. 7-6
WMU 8-5
Rhode Island 7-4
G. Tech 3-9
V. Tech 6-7
UL 6-7
UNC 6-7
SU 5-7
UVA 6-6
Duke 3-9
Miami 7-5 (picked to win the coastal this season)
Wake Forest 11-3 (also played a weak schedule)
Michigan State 11-2 (beat shit out of Pitt in Bowl game)

Let me know when they play somebody
Wait....Roadie has a football program?

You are very slowwww... You said WVU would probably be Pitts toughest game.. I showed you they are not...and you quote the whole schedule... stick to your assertion... Is WVU better than the four teams I listed?

You are very slowwww... You said WVU would probably be Pitts toughest game.. I showed you they are not...and you quote the whole schedule... stick to your assertion... Is WVU better than the four teams I listed?
Wouldn't know unless they play each other but they are better than VPI. Pitt still overrated so deal with it panther bitch aka Greg.

ADVERTISEMENT