ADVERTISEMENT

Finally here. It's game week. Bring on those vo

Buster68

All-American
Feb 4, 2003
Time for the rubber to meet the road. I have a feeling this team is going to do well and provide fans with a memorable season and live up to its pre-season accolades. First step is win this Saturday. Let's Go Mountaineers!

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Time for the rubber to meet the road. I have a feeling this team is going to do well and provide fans with a memorable season and live up to its pre-season accolades. First step is win this Saturday. Let's Go Mountaineers!
I’m on board!!! Can’t wait for Saturday!!!

If we (meaning WVU) can't beat a Tennessee team that is down and out and hired an Alabama assistant coach as their 8th choice to try and turn their program around. Then it's going to be a long season.
I don't agree with that. Tennessee has a lot of weapons and since we are healthy, this could be a great game. If Tennessee beats WVU, WVU could still go on the have a good season.
This game sets up perfectly for UT. We are thin, but it is the first game of the season and depth shouldn't be as big of a concern as later in the year. You will be getting a hungry UT team that should be dialed in. I'm not saying the Vols should be the favorite, but this won't be last year's Vols.

If we (meaning WVU) can't beat a Tennessee team that is down and out and hired an Alabama assistant coach as their 8th choice to try and turn their program around. Then it's going to be a long season.
He was the first choice of our new AD, Phillip Fulmer, who knows and understands football. The guy he replaced wanted Greg Schiano as head coach. LOL.

All the "experts" don't have a clue what will happen Saturday. That includes me. The Vols are down, for an SEC team, but nowhere near the level of a Youngstown. And it's the opening game when the most glitches pop up for every team every season. It provides game film to snap the players back to reality for the remainder of the season. WVU has the offense and Gibby as DC. It could be a memorable season, but injuries can derail that. Who knows? I certainly don't pretend that I do. Only that I'm excited to see what my alma mater does in Charlotte, which is a good place to watch a football game.

I don't agree with that. Tennessee has a lot of weapons and since we are healthy, this could be a great game. If Tennessee beats WVU, WVU could still go on the have a good season.
This game sets up perfectly for UT. We are thin, but it is the first game of the season and depth shouldn't be as big of a concern as later in the year. You will be getting a hungry UT team that should be dialed in. I'm not saying the Vols should be the favorite, but this won't be last year's Vols.

It also will not be last years WVU team. I don't like the fact the point spread is 9.5 as I think it will be closer than that. WVU 2 deep on OL 2 deep on DL CB is the weakest depth. UT strength will be the run. WVU strength will be the pass. UT hopes it can pass a little to keep honest. WVU hopes to improve run game to make pass game unstoppable.

He was the first choice of our new AD, Phillip Fulmer, who knows and understands football. The guy he replaced wanted Greg Schiano as head coach. LOL.

Reguardless...

The controversial attempted hiring of Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano on Nov. 26 caused backlash of historic proportion. Fans unleashed a torrent of objection on social media and staged an on-campus protest that Sunday afternoon, causing Tennessee to reverse course and cut ties with Schiano.

A panicked reaction ensued, with Currie fruitlessly chasing Duke’s David Cutcliffe, Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy, Purdue’s Jeff Brohm and North Carolina State’s Dave Doeren in subsequent days. Finally, an unapproved trip to Los Angeles for a meeting with Washington State coach Mike Leach backfired on Currie, who was summoned back to Knoxville and fired by chancellor Beverly Davenport on Dec. 1.

Reguardless...

The controversial attempted hiring of Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano on Nov. 26 caused backlash of historic proportion. Fans unleashed a torrent of objection on social media and staged an on-campus protest that Sunday afternoon, causing Tennessee to reverse course and cut ties with Schiano.

A panicked reaction ensued, with Currie fruitlessly chasing Duke’s David Cutcliffe, Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy, Purdue’s Jeff Brohm and North Carolina State’s Dave Doeren in subsequent days. Finally, an unapproved trip to Los Angeles for a meeting with Washington State coach Mike Leach backfired on Currie, who was summoned back to Knoxville and fired by chancellor Beverly Davenport on Dec. 1.
Currie was an awful AD for UT regarding football. He was great at fund raisers and building buildings. Winning big is not a priority for him. He is a bureaucrat and nothing more.

Reguardless...

You may want to add that Beverly Davenport was subsequently fired as Chancellor for her handling of the whole mess, as well.

Currie was an awful AD for UT regarding football. He was great at fund raisers and building buildings. Winning big is not a priority for him. He is a bureaucrat and nothing more.

Currie was fired after being in the position for less than a year. He was an odd hire, at the time. I do believe Currie made a good hire in bringing in Tony Vitello as the baseball coach...but other than that, his tenure at UT was nothing short of a train wreck.

WVU is going to curb stomp UTjr. 45-13.

Nice dig...but as you probably know...Tennessee is the original UT. They were founded before Tennessee was even a state (1794) and long before the state, or University of Texas existed.
Don't worry, I'm a good sport. If y'all win, I stop by and say congrats, but I'm going to the game so it might me late Sunday. Either way, I'll stop by.

Not me...my Sunday is full, and Monday is a holiday...it may be Tuesday before I could come back to eat any crow and offer up my congratulations. I did the same thing with Cal in 2007 and Oklahoma on each of our losses to them. I'll take my medicine (if necessary)...but I'm not going to interrupt my holiday weekend to do so.

Nice dig...but as you probably know...Tennessee is the original UT. They were founded before Tennessee was even a state (1794) and long before the state, or University of Texas existed.

Not me...my Sunday is full, and Monday is a holiday...it may be Tuesday before I could come back to eat any crow and offer up my congratulations. I did the same thing with Cal in 2007 and Oklahoma on each of our losses to them. I'll take my medicine (if necessary)...but I'm not going to interrupt my holiday weekend to do so.
I was just talking about public perception and football tradition. When people outside of Tennessee see UT they automatically think Texas. Similar to USC for southern cal as opposed to South Carolina outside of South Carolina.

I predict this forum won't hear from you after you get embarrassed on national TV. You will just move on to another board against your next opponent. The only way UTjr wins is if there is a natural disaster.
We will move on after we bury y'all.

You guys are a pretty confident bunch that’s for sure. I’m predicting a fairly high scoring game with turnovers dictating the winner. You guys will score but I fully expect TN to do the same. But if you guys expect the 17’ Vols to show up y’all are in for a long Saturday. Good luck.

Reactions: della
You guys are a pretty confident bunch that’s for sure. I’m predicting a fairly high scoring game with turnovers dictating the winner. You guys will score but I fully expect TN to do the same. But if you guys expect the 17’ Vols to show up y’all are in for a long Saturday. Good luck.
The coach isn’t suiting up. Curb stomping by the Eers. Bookmark it.

Confident? Your bunch at volnation are delirious.

Confident? Your bunch at volnation are delirious.
Probably cause nobody is scared of your team. Some on here acting like you guys are a top 5 football team. All I’m saying is if you guys think we will be anything like last years team your gonna have a long stressful day. It’s gonna be a good game that could go either way. Me personally I expect a TN win.

Yuk it it up all you like. If WVU does lose this game it will be because the Mountaineers sucked harder. Tennessee will not be a good team this year no matter the outcome.
Well TN could beat WV and not be a good team and WV could go on and have a great record but TN plays in the SEC. TN plays FL BAMA, GA, SC AURBURN and WV can't touch that.

Reactions: NSBVOL
Well TN could beat WV and not be a good team and WV could go on and have a great record but TN plays in the SEC. TN plays FL BAMA, GA, SC AURBURN and WV can't touch that.
So you're sayin UT will still suck? Love your honesty.

UF and USCe ain't much. Remember UF barely beat your sorry ass last year. Maybe y'all can cross the goal line ONCE agin UGA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT