ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY going to see Whiplash this afternoon

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Looking forward to it a great deal; my son is a musician (well, singer), and my wife and I are anxious to see the representation of a whack-job director.....my boy himself sang for a couple prick director-types as a high-schooler (though admittedly not cut from this exact same cloth)......like the JK Simmons character.

Anyone else see it, and how did you like it ??

Watched it with my wife last evening on the recommendation

of our son.......you'll never think of Farmers Insurance in the same way ever again
laugh.r191677.gif

Re: Watched it with my wife last evening on the recommendation

Originally posted by Snow Sled Baby:

of our son.......you'll never think of Farmers Insurance in the same way ever again
laugh.r191677.gif
No question that JK plays a slightly different character with Farmers than he did at the Shaffer Conservatory. I don't know if too many guys like this character actually exist in real life......there aren't any in my own son's undergraduate program at CCM.....but Simmons made (IMO) for an incredibly compelling character.

I was shocked at the amount of sheer intensity in this flick.....most of which was focused solely around Simmons.

I was a music major at Glenville, and as such was forced

to play in a jazz/big band organization......hated it....just not my kind of music....good flick though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT