ADVERTISEMENT

Figured this quote would get some attention from DeVries ...

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
"I don’t talk to our guys a ton about shot selection. I want our guys to be very aggressive, I want them to be confident and if we need to pull them back a little bit then we will. But the last thing you can do as a shooter and a scorer is having them looking over their shoulder. I want them to kind of figure it out on their own and most of the time that happens. Guys figure out I haven’t made the step back three in three months, maybe I shouldn’t try that in the first game, and I think it evolves from there. I want guys that can score to feel they got the green light to go do that and they can play at a different level. 26 years, the scout team you see those guys in the practice tape and they're dominating practice and then you take that scout team jersey off and put the other uniform off it’s like they get scared. Because on the scout team they have all this freedom and they don’t have to worry about getting yelled at and play the other team’s best player and play at a different level. That’s how I want our guys to play with that type of confidence."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.