ADVERTISEMENT

Expansion

well right now,
b12 would NOT receive attional monies by adding 2 new members UNLESS, unless the TV contract is renegotiated. ..which from what i understand is years in the coming. ..like 5 more years

in other words, the $300mill will be divided among 12 teams vice 10 teams ...a loss of
$5 mill per year, per 10 member school...
$30 mill to $25 mill per year.12 members..

the football conference championship, would have to generate as a minimum to cover the expansion loss...60 mill and more

not to mention bball impact..

would Cincy/UCONN provide enough revenue to maximize this loss...not to mention the travel cost...cost of daily competition , etc

i doubt it. ..then b12 is back to additional games...waterdown league and not every team is playing every team, every year

Cincy/UCONN could be a mistake....
i don't invision b12 adding any ACC schools...

smart folks sometimes make dumb decisions

well right now,
b12 would NOT receive attional monies by adding 2 new members UNLESS, unless the TV contract is renegotiated. ..which from what i understand is years in the coming. ..like 5 more years

in other words, the $300mill will be divided among 12 teams vice 10 teams ...a loss of

the football conference championship, would have to generate as a minimum to cover the expansion loss...60 mill and more

would Cincy/UCONN provide enough revenue to maximize this loss...not to mention the travel cost...cost of daily competition , etc

i doubt it. ..then b12 is back to additional games...waterdown league and not every team is playing every team, every year

According to the conference commissioner you are mistaken. He admitted more than once that the broadcast payout would be increased exponentially for each added school as per the contract. That has been posted and proven with links to his statements on here several times. I suspect there is also a clause in the contract for ESPN/FoxSports having the right to approve or veto the addition of any given school.

There is still the issue of other revenue not being increased without athletic success by the new members such as bowl and NCAA Tournament money. I'm not sure about the broadcast contract, but the GOR expires on June 30, 2025 at 11:59 pm.

I'm still dealing with the geographical challanges of WVU b12 membership in this cowboy wearing conference. ..

and no, it's not guaranteed that b12 TV revenue would increase,
unless 2 viable "revenue producing" schools would join...

so we're back to expand "just to expand", discussion. ...though Cincy/UCONN would be natural geographic WVU rival, they only would really assist in bball revenue, maybe...

can you actually state you'd be excited for that Cincy/UCONN decision?

and drive off to Morgantown to spend money and watch those schools, live?
or just watch those teams on TV?

WVU have enough challanges, might as well go for exiting programs, not expand at all or certainly in the for see able future, anyway..

be where what you wish for

Last edited:
Continually talking about something that happened for the SEC doesn't mean it will happen for the ACC.

The experts agree its very unlikely FOX is going to sell back rights for the ACC and that doesn't even address if Raycom would try to get them back so that the ACC schools could buy them back.

With the SEC, ESPN had syndicated those rights, not Raycom. Its a completely different situation.

No, the "experts" have not agreed on that. You haven't posted one quote from a TV industry professional who said it was unlikely Fox would sell.

Regarding the SEC, no you are simply wrong. ESPN did NOT own the syndication rights for the SEC. ESPN sold the SEC syndication rights to Fox and Comcast. ESPN had a contract with Fox and Comcast whereby they sold the SEC's syndication rights to those companies. The link I provided you specifically said that ESPN had contracts with Fox and Comcast, and had to buy out those contracts. If ESPN owned the syndication rights, they would not have had to buy back the rights in the first place.

You just don't get it do you? No matter what you say it is wrong. You are swaying no opinions here and no one on this board wakes up each morning with the thought on their mind that they must rush to this board to read your latest dribble of insanity. You have no value. Right or wrong has no meaning to you. No one here owes you anything and if this bothers you, leave. Your exit is at least something that would bring some comfort to the folks of this board because trust me, nothing you say has any impact. You got it yet, bozo?

No, I'm not wrong. I backed up what I said with evidence. Just because you disagree has absolutely no bearing on whether I'm right or wrong. As far as me leaving, you followed me to the Texas board. Sounds like you have the problem, not me. By the way, I also proved you wrong on the Texas board as well.

well right now,

Mofo, where have you been dude.. According to all source the contract states adding 2 teams, will bring a pro rated share increase. Adding 4 teams allows for the contracts to be negotiated (although this is not the best environment to work out a TV deal

The CCG, will generate upwards to 30 million.

The issues is splitting other revenue sources such as CFC and NCAA BB Tourney.

The contracts stipulate at least pro rata shares for expansion. Not for one or two--but for new members.

When the BIG 12 expands, of course the leadership will try to negotiate for more than pro rata shares as every other conference has.

Expansion doesn't mean completely redoing the contracts, it means getting money for the new members and hopefully some additional monies for existing members, but of course its possible in the negotiations the existing contracts could be extended based on the increases and guarantees given the conference.

There are 6 or 7 schools on the list including Cincinnati and UConn that meet the requirements needed for expansion and starting a conference network along with allowing for a conference CCG. This summer decisions will be made.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
No, the "experts" have not agreed on that. You haven't posted one quote from a TV industry professional who said it was unlikely Fox would sell.

Regarding the SEC, no you are simply wrong. ESPN did NOT own the syndication rights for the SEC. ESPN sold the SEC syndication rights to Fox and Comcast. ESPN had a contract with Fox and Comcast whereby they sold the SEC's syndication rights to those companies. The link I provided you specifically said that ESPN had contracts with Fox and Comcast, and had to buy out those contracts. If ESPN owned the syndication rights, they would not have had to buy back the rights in the first place.

No, I'm not wrong. I backed up what I said with evidence. Just because you disagree has absolutely no bearing on whether I'm right or wrong. As far as me leaving, you followed me to the Texas board. Sounds like you have the problem, not me. By the way, I also proved you wrong on the Texas board as well.

You act my like grandson when he needs a nappy changed and a nice nap. Texas is in the Big-12. I know color you shocked you had no idea. WVU is in the Big-12, you are shocked again. Clemson isn't in the Big-12, you are probably shocked again. If you would mind your own business and worry more about your school and conference you could say you spend your time well. But you have to be a busy body hopping from board to the next spouting the dumbest trash and patting yourself on the back.

Sorry but you are wrong here and you are wrong over there. I am sure you are used to be so often in error, it must be some sort of class they teach at an ACC school - "How to fail in life and look like an asshat in doing it" Did you at least pass the class?

You act my like grandson when he needs a nappy changed and a nice nap. Texas is in the Big-12. I know color you shocked you had no idea. WVU is in the Big-12, you are shocked again. Clemson isn't in the Big-12, you are probably shocked again. If you would mind your own business and worry more about your school and conference you could say you spend your time well. But you have to be a busy body hopping from board to the next spouting the dumbest trash and patting yourself on the back.

Sorry but you are wrong here and you are wrong over there. I am sure you are used to be so often in error, it must be some sort of class they teach at an ACC school - "How to fail in life and look like an asshat in doing it" Did you at least pass the class?

Don't people pay to post on these boards? If you're not a WVU or at least a Big 12 fan why would you post here? Am I paying for nothing except Keenan and company's articles? I mean, can people troll here endlessly? This is not directed at you, Mountie, merely a follow-up to your post.

i find all this interesting,
with Texas already having a TV network channel,
i don't see a b12 network as easy to sell

but i can't swallow that b12 would settle on teams like Cincy/UCONN ...
and giving new members a chance is certainly humanitarian (of sorts)....and every conference has sisters of the poor, and every conference has good and bad years

and pro rating the new members fees are fairly standard (now as WVU approaches full membership pay outs),
but this pro rating pay out discussion has zero impact on this discussion or debate. .

i don't believe bigger is necessarily better...probably be more boring

i find all this interesting,
with Texas already having a TV network channel,
i don't see a b12 network as easy to sell

but i can't swallow that b12 would settle on teams like Cincy/UCONN ...
and giving new members a chance is certainly humanitarian (of sorts)....and every conference has sisters of the poor, and every conference has good and bad years

and pro rating the new members fees are fairly standard (now as WVU approaches full membership pay outs),
but this pro rating pay out discussion has zero impact on this discussion or debate. .

i don't believe bigger is necessarily better...probably be more boring

There's no doubt that in the footprint states- which will include the new schools- that an in market fee comparable to the SEC and Big Ten networks can be achieved. The BIG 12 has a rabid fanbase. There are also areas outside the immediate footprint likely to deliver a higher than base rate. And then there will be other areas of the country where the network is on for a bit lower rate. The model is already out there so the BIG 12 doesn't have to completely rewrite it. Obviously going with a network partner is key because they'll drive the monetary side of the equation and the carriage side with experienced negotiators. Live sports are still one of the best products the pay providers can offer.

The conference has to add who it can, and it can't wait around forever to take action-five years have already been wasted- really nearly half the current tv contract. The conference must look at the benefits a school or schools bring and not make decisions based on emotions.

b12 can probably have FoxSports Net
as a network partner w 10 members...

seems,all fishy to me, especially w Texas already maybe is considered b12 network of sorts. ...

Again Cincy/UCONN will not certainly assure b12 network, i think...especially w Texas model

Texas network has NOT been profitable

Last edited:

It doesn't matter if Texas is in the Big 12. You don't have any claim to any boards on Rivals. You certainly can't claim the Texas board as your "territory" just because they are in the same conference as West Virginia. It's also funny that everybody on the Texas board completely shot down your suggestion that they dump the LHN. Bottom line, I can post where I want, when I want, and you can't do anything about it. You don't have any say over where I post or what I post. I have just as much right to post on Rivals as you. If you don't like it, tough.

I'll also point out, you didn't respond to what I wrote on the Texas board. That's because you can't. The numbers proved you wrong, and you know it. That's why you get so mad, because I'm right and you can't stand it.

It doesn't matter if Texas is in the Big 12. You don't have any claim to any boards on Rivals. You certainly can't claim the Texas board as your "territory" just because they are in the same conference as West Virginia. It's also funny that everybody on the Texas board completely shot down your suggestion that they dump the LHN. Bottom line, I can post where I want, when I want, and you can't do anything about it. You don't have any say over where I post or what I post. I have just as much right to post on Rivals as you. If you don't like it, tough.

I'll also point out, you didn't respond to what I wrote on the Texas board. That's because you can't. The numbers proved you wrong, and you know it. That's why you get so mad, because I'm right and you can't stand it.

Well, yeah you can go where you want and post what you want so long as the admins on the board permit it, but you are missing the bigger issue. it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove and son, you trap wont shut. As for mad, I don't get mad over a gadfly like you, after all you can't help your mental state.

there have two (2) playoff years and b12 made the final 4, last season with 10 members...

again, just picking Cincy/UConn would not be that helpful....

it's always about on the field performance, regardless every year....

ADVERTISEMENT