ADVERTISEMENT

Expansion

Theres no reason to change the BIG 12s name. Its a major power conference and major brand. Other conferences dont fit ther names technically either.

Major brands change their names when the names no longer reflect the brand's marketing core...such as 12 members in a ten team league LOL. However, do believe that little issue will soon be solved...unless the Presidents punt.

Major brands change their names when the names no longer reflect the brand's marketing core...such as 12 members in a ten team league LOL. However, do believe that little issue will soon be solved...unless the Presidents punt.

The Big Ten has fourteen teams if you didnt notice

Boy you do like to sift through the pepper don't you. I didn't say all brands do it! Some do. Some don't. And by the way the Big 10 is slowly changing its branding to simply Big if you haven't noticed.

Boy you do like to sift through the pepper don't you. I didn't say all brands do it! Some do. Some don't. And by the way the Big 10 is slowly changing its branding to simply Big if you haven't noticed.

Its still the Big Ten and no they arent shifting it. The BIG 12 isnt any different than the others. the Acc has shools in Upstate NY, western PA, Atlanta, western KY and A partial one in Indiana. The Pac has schools in Arizona and all the way out in Colorado and Utah. Even the SEC has schools in the southwest and midwest. The point is this falls right in line with the psychological disadvantage- because the BIG 12 is smaller people pretend its less.

Are you bored Buck? What is the rational for your defense of the Big 12-2=10's name? Really? Calm down. Drink a warm milk the conference will get name correct soon when Cincy and one other comes aboard.

Are you bored Buck? What is the rational for your defense of the Big 12-2=10's name? Really? Calm down. Drink a warm milk the conference will get name correct soon when Cincy and one other comes aboard.

No, I believe that the BIG 12 should be called by its name. It's name is NOT Big 12-2=10. If your going to disrespect the BIG 12 then disrespect the other conferences. They don't have technically correct names either. They are all brands. Really not sure why its so hard for you to get that. Why is it necessary for you to constantly disrespect the conference--why must you be so juvenile.

You just proved his point and is why the BIG10 Logo has morph into the BIG.

That doesn't even make any sense. The Big Ten logo has changed, but the conference is called the Big Ten for branding. The BIG 12 changed its logo as well and is called the BIG 12 due to branding.

There's no difference, Big Ten has 14--he's not calling it the Big Ten + 4=14 is he.

That doesn't even make any sense. The Big Ten logo has changed, but the conference is called the Big Ten for branding. The BIG 12 changed its logo as well and is called the BIG 12 due to branding.

There's no difference, Big Ten has 14--he's not calling it the Big Ten + 4=14 is he.
Well I can understand why you don't get it. The Logo is no longer BIG10, but B1G, or as I stated morphing into BIG. The BIG10 is refereed also refereed to by original name and sometimes the BIG

Well I can understand why you don't get it. The Logo is no longer BIG10, but B1G, or as I stated morphing into BIG. The BIG10 is refereed also refereed to by original name and sometimes the BIG
The commissioner of the Big Ten stated when they expanded they will keep the name. They arent morphing nor have they morphed. No one of note is referring to them as the BIG. Thats the point. No one of note is calling the BIG 12 anything other than their name. But some on message boards sure are trying.

The commissioner of the Big Ten stated when they expanded they will keep the name. They arent morphing nor have they morphed. No one of note is referring to them as the BIG. Thats the point. No one of note is calling the BIG 12 anything other than their name. But some on message boards sure are trying.

I am not fond of ridiculing the Big 12 logo either, but the Big 10 has officially adopted B1G as their official logo. That's B numeral one G. Here

HS buck, you just look for things to argue about> I bet you would aruge the point the sky isn't blue on a sunny day. First off I said the conference is morphing the Logo from BIG10 to B1G, which symbolized BIG. So go look up the definition of Morphing. The following came directly from a press release when new new B1G Logo was unveiled.

"The new Big Ten logo was developed to symbolize the conference's future, as well as its rich heritage, strong tradition of competition, academic leadership, and passionate alumni," said Gericke. "Its contemporary collegiate lettering includes an embedded numeral "10" in the word "BIG," which allows fans to see "BIG" and "10" in a single word. Memorable and distinctive, the new logo evolved from the previous logo's use of negative space and is built on the conference's iconic name, without reference to the number of member institutions."

The new logo also provides the flexibility of multiple versions which can be used horizontally, vertically and within new media.

"The new Big Ten logo provides a contemporary identifying mark unifying 12 outstanding institutions," said Delany. "It conveys some elements from the past while simultaneously introducing new features. We think the new logo is fun and has something for everyone."

Question, Is 2015/16 the 1st year WVU gets a full share of the BIG12 revenue? If not mistaken, 2016 is the year WVU has to pay back 1/2 the loan the B12 provided for the BE buyout.

I think from SEC view WVU got earned this spot in The Big 12 for so long after ACC raided what was once The Big East WVU carried the banner. If The Big 12 were to add teams BYU a must because of fans and national draw. I think if BYU joins and than add Boise State these two programs bring in more than just foootbal. If The Big were to go to 14 than add cinny and one other. OU may be just be wanting to have the national media take notice of the big 12 for how strong it is, OU losing to Clemson in the college playoffs like they did not help The big 12 in the College football plays offs, it showed the Big 12 being weak. I am thinking this season SEC, Big 12 and Big 10 will be in the playoffs again with may be a PAC 12 or ACC team. The Big 12 is indeed smart to research and make sure the teams they add brings value and can make the The Big 12 stronger.

Its interesting Bowlsby has now also spoken up about the need for change. Doing nothing would be a death sentence at this point.

Bowlsby has spoken out about 100-200 times publicly claiming there's no need for change. Now he is clearly stating that, yes big changes are needed or there are serious problems ahead. That is a major change of course and an indication of where the conference is leaning.

Bowlsby has spoken out about 100-200 times publicly claiming there's no need for change. Now he is clearly stating that, yes big changes are needed or there are serious problems ahead. That is a major change of course and an indication of where the conference is leaning.
And everything hinges on the demands TesA$$ makes on folding LHN into BIG12N

And everything hinges on the demands TesA$$ makes on folding LHN into BIG12N

We dont know if Texas is for or against but it sounds on the surface like a better deal for them too. ESPN has lost alot of money on the deal so would likely encourage the positive change.

We dont know if Texas is for or against but it sounds on the surface like a better deal for them too.

I haven't heard the 'surface'... ...what are the sounds you're hearing ?

Give a single number/offer that Texas has received.

We dont know if Texas is for or against but it sounds on the surface like a better deal for them too. ESPN has lost alot of money on the deal so would likely encourage the positive change.

If Texas is given 15 million off the top, (for duration of LHN contract), then shares evenly BIG12 proceeds, then yes it is a much better deal for them. What other items is Texas going to demand. One rumor is they want to keep some control and LHN branding on the network. So it might be BIG12N provided by LHN, with extra Texas content being aired. If true, (just my opinion) the conference is going to die.

It is also a better deal for ESPN. They might even be better off pitching in an extra 15m a year, just to get out of LHN deal that has already cost them 10s of millions with no end in sight.

If Texas is given 15 million off the top, (for duration of LHN contract), then shares evenly BIG12 proceeds, then yes it is a much better deal for them. What other items is Texas going to demand. One rumor is they want to keep some control and LHN branding on the network. So it might be BIG12N provided by LHN, with extra Texas content being aired. If true, (just my opinion) the conference is going to die.

It is also a better deal for ESPN. They might even be better off pitching in an extra 15m a year, just to get out of LHN deal that has already cost them 10s of millions with no end in sight.

Yes, Texas will get $15 million (or whatever # their average is at per year) for awhile, WVU and OU and Kansas may recieve a certain amount for awhile and schools making less from tier 3 will make an amount for awhile. New members would likely have a buy in period getting much less than everyone else. Eventually they'll be at the same number and all along every school not named Texas will be making millions more than they do now. Texas gets more exposure and the security of a longer term network and guaranteed financial security and conference security long term.

Yes, Texas will get $15 million (or whatever # their average is at per year) for awhile, WVU and OU and Kansas may recieve a certain amount for awhile and schools making less from tier 3 will make an amount for awhile. New members would likely have a buy in period getting much less than everyone else. Eventually they'll be at the same number and all along every school not named Texas will be making millions more than they do now. Texas gets more exposure and the security of a longer term network and guaranteed financial security and conference security long term.
Starting at 50% of revenue, buy in period for NON P5 programs should spread for 10 years from entry or end of the current LHN contract.

Big 12 remains patient as key decisions loom
excerpt:

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby made one thing clear following a meeting with conference athletic directors Thursday in Kansas City: The league’s decision-makers won’t rush into anything as they weigh potential changes such as expansion, a championship football game or a television network.

The Big 12 has asked consulting firms to compile data on all three topics and to present them to athletic directors at their spring meetings. Bowlsby told The Star it is “reasonable to assume” the conference will be ready to make decisions at some point this summer. Until then, there will only be discussion.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/article65196772.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT