ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN "WVU has no shot"

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
Sad.....of course Jason Sehorn, while playing our highlights, says "we are talking about them beating a 5-5 team". Well, what was Pitt's record that beat Clemson? What was Iowa's record that beat Michigan? What was Mississippi State's record that beat A&M last week? What was Georgia's record that beat Auburn????

STFU Sehorn......:mad:

I agree with them

Even if we win out, we aren't top 4

So relax and enjoy the season

tOSU would have to beat Michigan but lose another game. Washington would need to lose again. Clemson or Louisville would need to lose the ACC champ game.... too many "needs to happen" situations for anyone to really be upset about being left out

I agree with them

Even if we win out, we aren't top 4

So relax and enjoy the season

tOSU would have to beat Michigan but lose another game. Washington would need to lose again. Clemson or Louisville would need to lose the ACC champ game.... too many "needs to happen" situations for anyone to really be upset about being left out

No conference team has a shot at the playoffs unless a Pac 12 team other than Washington wins out. Also, no one loss conference team has much of a shot either.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
All this bullshtt does is provide the talking heads with ways to stir things up. Winning the conference championship is what matters. Once we do that considering we win out, we have a 1 in 5 chance of getting into the playoff. As KC said, relax and enjoy the season. We still have a lot of football to play.

No conference team has a shot at the playoffs unless a Pac 12 team other than Washington wins out. Also, no one loss conference team has much of a shot either.
I assume you mean no Big 12 conference team. Otherwise, only Alabama will be in the Football Final Four since everyone else has 1 or more losses.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Among power 5 teams:
Alabama is undefeated.
One-loss teams are:
Clemson
Louisville
Michigan
Ohio State
Washington
WVU

I believe that's it.
If we win out and Oklahoma wins Bedlam to give us the Big 12 crown (big 'ifs'), it would not take much chaos to get us there.

Lgm!

Reactions: WV Jim WV
A team who collects a 2nd loss in a conference championship game in a close match will still be seen as better than a 1-loss WVU

Our OOC isn't strong and the conference in general is not that strong in appearance this year either

Obviously IMO, of course

At this point, hoping for as much chaos as possible. Just to watch what ensues.

Lets start out by Ohio St. beating Michigan which should propel a B10 Championship game of Penn State and Wisconsin. Give them something to talk about.

Among power 5 teams:
Alabama is undefeated.
One-loss teams are:
Clemson
Louisville
Michigan
Ohio State
Washington
WVU

I believe that's it.
If we win out and Oklahoma wins Bedlam to give us the Big 12 crown (big 'ifs'), it would not take much chaos to get us there.

Lgm!

Don't forget that OK State plays at TCU next weekend. So, according to the time of the games, if we play the late game we may know by kickoff if our hopes were improved......

No one is a more die-hard WVU fan than I am but our team is NOT a playoff caliber team this year. Alabama would slaughter us.........

And Alabama would slaughter anyone at this point.......I mean everyone was saying the same thing about Michigan and a very average Iowa team beat them......

Among power 5 teams:
Alabama is undefeated.
One-loss teams are:
Clemson
Louisville
Michigan
Ohio State
Washington
WVU

I believe that's it.

Lgm!
That's 7 teams and 4 spots. 3 have to be left out. Michigan or Ohio State will be one. So that leaves 6 for 4. Odds still not good for my alma mater but, if WVU is 11-1 I'll be happier than a dog rolling in its own poop.

Still 3 weeks to go. A lot has happened already, in ONE DAY. A lot more will happen. Remember when #2 lost 3 weeks in a row in 2007 (including WVU)?

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

No one is a more die-hard WVU fan than I am but our team is NOT a playoff caliber team this year. Alabama would slaughter us.........

Yes...........I agree in general terms that Bama is the superior team when compared to WVU. On the same hand..................Clempson will slaughter a 5-4 Pitt team every time. Anyone who knows the game knows I am right. Warez

A team who collects a 2nd loss in a conference championship game in a close match will still be seen as better than a 1-loss WVU

Our OOC isn't strong and the conference in general is not that strong in appearance this year either

Obviously IMO, of course
Agree. If we had a championship game, we might get there....without it, fringe of the discussion only

Obviously IMO, of course
That might be true for the Big 10 if it's UM or OSU, but if VT upsets Clemson/UL or if Washington loses the Pac 12 championship, I think they would be out.

Lgm!

WVU isn't a playoff caliber team or shown it can win against a top 10 caliber team. If we beat Oklahoma, then that's a different conversation. We will know Saturday.

The entire playoff format is a ****ing joke. Have people in the backrooms discussing who they think should get to play. How much more bias can you inject into such a format? Either expand teams and have a legit, real playoff. Or just shut it down completely because it's a farce.

And this isn't even about WVU as I don't think we have a Top 5 team. Just in general, this playoff format is an abomination of college football, bastardization of sports.

Reactions: WVmtnBikEER
WVU isn't a playoff caliber team or shown it can win against a top 10 caliber team. If we beat Oklahoma, then that's a different conversation. We will know Saturday.
I watched Iowa vs. Michigan. WVU could beat that Michigan team. Iowa's receivers looked like they were running in cement shoes. Iowa had no passing game at all.

Very well said. Although I am living on the left coast and see the entire picture from a distance, I also agree that WVU, as successful as it's been so far (and I am a proud Mountaineer alumnus this year), we are not in the same league with the top four. The Alabama's big uglies will totally dominate our front lines, and that's where NCs are won and lost. I truly hope that we win out, but don't let that delude your thinking. A Playoff spot is not possible. Dana and Gibby need to use this year as a launching pad to winning more recruiting wars -- especially for the big uglies. That's what separates us from them -- for now.

Reactions: GoWVU
Had some lady on sports center the other day that called us "Virginia" and said the playoff committee isn't impressed with our schedule. Then said Washington should be in right after pointing out they had the 128th ranked schedule. Bunch of idiots running that place now.

I'd rather show well in a New Years Day bowl than be in over our heads in the playoff

#facts

You never know until you lace them up.

Of course if our QB throws 3 interceptions we lose, otherwise we have a shot.

And I'm sure you didn't think we would beat TCU by 24 points or TT by 31 points.

Just because we don't look as good as Alabama doesn't mean we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. No other team has looked like they belong with them either.

You need 4 teams to tango....I'm having a hard time saying we can't play with any team ranked 2-4 right now.

Defense wins championships and we can run the ball. Do those well and you can play with anyone.

You never know until you lace them up.

Of course if our QB throws 3 interceptions we lose, otherwise we have a shot.

And I'm sure you didn't think we would beat TCU by 24 points or TT by 31 points.

actually, yes.................. I had us exactly at 8-1 at this point with a loss to OSU............ I also have us losing this weekend and finishing 2-1 in the final 3 games.

The only teams I would give us no shot against would be

Bama
OSU
Louisville
LSU (their running attack would gash us)

I'd rather go to the Sugar than get spanked in the playoffs, but I'm hoping by some chance we'd face Tennessee or Auburn. I want no part of the LSU Tigers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT