ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN says WVU has the best defense in the Big 12. Agree?

I think the NG is the key. We are strong up the middle at linebacker and safety. And I think the corners will surprise. And looking at the league results so far, the defenses have been less than impressive.

Baylor was gashed by I-AA Liberty both through the air and on the ground. And while I expect Texas to be improved by the time that we face them, Maryland had their way with them. I was particularly surprised that Texas continued a multi-year pattern of yielding a ton of rushing yards despite the best defensive recruiting classes in the league. Even in a dominating performance against Tulsa, Oklahoma State showed a few signs of weakness defensively yielding over 240 yards on the ground.

And perhaps our defenses biggest advantage over the other Big 12 defenses? Dana has figured out how to run a balance offense that tempos appropriately to help the defense not harm it. That is a balance that few others have struck.

Looking forward to seeing how we perform this evening. I think this team could surprise.

Reactions: 4everloyal
I thought the West Virginia defense played well but it would need to improve in several areas in order to be the best in the conference. The lack of consistency is what really stood. The Mountaineer defense would look great at times and then have total breakdowns.

Reactions: 4everloyal
I thought the West Virginia defense played well but it would need to improve in several areas in order to be the best in the conference. The lack of consistency is what really stood. The Mountaineer defense would look great at times and then have total breakdowns.

The defense played one half of football.

The offense played the other half.

The special teams were stuck on a short bus somewhere in traffic outside the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT