ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN.com

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
Any thoughts about the changes ESPN.com has made to their site? I hate it.

I don't go to espn.com so I didn't know they changed. I just now went there. I will say that compared to lots of other sites it is readable in the sense that you scroll down and see stories generally in one big column. I don't like it when websites are like slot machines and there's 4-5 columns with different stories and the beginning of the stories are staggered and there's random pictures and graphics, etc. It makes it hard for me to read.

That said, it's 2018 and there are a jillion websites to get sports and I'm not going to get mine from ESPN because I dislike them and think they're pretty junky. I am going to get ESPN on my TV for football season because the only choice is that or else not be able to see a lot of games. I hope the next go round of contracts they give the games to two networks, ESPN and a free station, and I can just watch the free station and never get ESPN.

I don't go to espn.com so I didn't know they changed. I just now went there. I will say that compared to lots of other sites it is readable in the sense that you scroll down and see stories generally in one big column. I don't like it when websites are like slot machines and there's 4-5 columns with different stories and the beginning of the stories are staggered and there's random pictures and graphics, etc. It makes it hard for me to read.

That said, it's 2018 and there are a jillion websites to get sports and I'm not going to get mine from ESPN because I dislike them and think they're pretty junky. I am going to get ESPN on my TV for football season because the only choice is that or else not be able to see a lot of games. I hope the next go round of contracts they give the games to two networks, ESPN and a free station, and I can just watch the free station and never get ESPN.
ESPN.com was the best site for all sports by far. FoxSports,CBSsports and NBCsports all suck.

What do you do for BB early schedule? I only see Youngstown as problem for football.

I spent an hour talking to Spectrum yesterday in attempt to find AT&T Sports @CBS. She wanted to sell me another tier with Spectrum. I asked her if I could get WVU sports there. She told me I could get some Westerns but she could not find WVU football or bbasketball. No Tier 3 available to me with Spectrum, but would be available at Time Warner. I have been switched from TWC to Spectrum without notification. Still remit payment to TWC. Bball may be available if I get an Apt in Morgantown for early (non-conference) games.

What do you do for BB early schedule? I only see Youngstown as problem for football.

I spent an hour talking to Spectrum yesterday in attempt to find AT&T Sports @CBS. She wanted to sell me another tier with Spectrum. I asked her if I could get WVU sports there. She told me I could get some Westerns but she could not find WVU football or bbasketball. No Tier 3 available to me with Spectrum, but would be available at Time Warner. I have been switched from TWC to Spectrum without notification. Still remit payment to TWC. Bball may be available if I get an Apt in Morgantown for early (non-conference) games.

I thought TWC and Spectrum were one and the same. Below is the deal I'll get getting from Spectrum. It's $22 per month (plus tax) for any 10 channels I want. I'm going to get ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1 (good because they carry the Big 12 and thus WVU) and NFL Network.

That leaves six more. I think I'm going to get HGTV (don't laugh, it's actually pretty good) and a network devoted solely to local news channel, to make six. My current local news channel, a network affiliate, incessantly promotes their network instead of giving me just, you know, local news.

I was watching the local news recently and they had some local stories and then they shifted to Trump in Russia and I thought "I can get Trump in Russia a million other places, why are they feeding me this junk?" Then in the story they said "XYZ commented on Trump in Russia on this morning's Meet The Press" and they showed the clip and I thought "Who the hell cares what XYZ thinks of Trump in Russia, I'm here to watch the local news." Then after the Meet The Press clip they said "Meet The Press can be seen right here every Sunday morning at 10 a.m." and I realized the whole "story" was nothing but a damn commercial for Meet The Press.

So that's six channels. And I'll probably get Bloomberg News because I think they're good national news. CNN, MSNBC and Fox are all available but I'm not getting any of them even though they're essentially free since I'm already paying for 10 channels. I can't even fill up my list of 10. There is so much useless junk on cable.

Spectrum's deal is "$22 for two years, then usual rates apply," as if I'll have this for two years...LOL...they'll be lucky if I keep it beyond football season. I've had enough of the cable company and their BS. I haven't given them a cent for four years (aside from the Internet connection I mean, over which I have no choice.) It is pleasant to see them grovel to get my business.

https://www.techhive.com/article/32...arte-tv-streaming-but-restrictions-apply.html

I thought TWC and Spectrum were one and the same. Below is the deal I'll get getting from Spectrum. It's $22 per month (plus tax) for any 10 channels I want. I'm going to get ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports 1 (good because they carry the Big 12 and thus WVU) and NFL Network.

That leaves six more. I think I'm going to get HGTV (don't laugh, it's actually pretty good) and a network devoted solely to local news channel, to make six. My current local news channel, a network affiliate, incessantly promotes their network instead of giving me just, you know, local news.

I was watching the local news recently and they had some local stories and then they shifted to Trump in Russia and I thought "I can get Trump in Russia a million other places, why are they feeding me this junk?" Then in the story they said "XYZ commented on Trump in Russia on this morning's Meet The Press" and they showed the clip and I thought "Who the hell cares what XYZ thinks of Trump in Russia, I'm here to watch the local news." Then after the Meet The Press clip they said "Meet The Press can be seen right here every Sunday morning at 10 a.m." and I realized the whole "story" was nothing but a damn commercial for Meet The Press.

So that's six channels. And I'll probably get Bloomberg News because I think they're good national news. CNN, MSNBC and Fox are all available but I'm not getting any of them even though they're essentially free since I'm already paying for 10 channels. I can't even fill up my list of 10. There is so much useless junk on cable.

Spectrum's deal is "$22 for two years, then usual rates apply," as if I'll have this for two years...LOL...they'll be lucky if I keep it beyond football season. I've had enough of the cable company and their BS. I haven't given them a cent for four years (aside from the Internet connection I mean, over which I have no choice.) It is pleasant to see them grovel to get my business.

https://www.techhive.com/article/32...arte-tv-streaming-but-restrictions-apply.html
Seems like I had to buy ESPN U for a couple games last year. Also could have been BB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT