ADVERTISEMENT

Esa is clearly our 2nd most talented player, but could chemistry be...

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
...better without him?

The shortsighted answer is, "Yes." But this team is not a final four squad without Esa. Huggs will get them to figure it out. It's nice to be in the top 10 and all, but unlike football, winning a national championship takes playing your best in March and April. What you do in January helps a little with seeds, but I trust Huggs will figure it out.

Yes of course, the team just went half a season without him, inserting a new cog even if more talented than the old one does not assure the group more success, look at the early days of LeBron on the Heat and LeBron on the Cavs in his 2nd stint for evidence of more talented pieces needing time to gel.

We should get our act together and be a better team by season’s end than we were in the first half, but right now it’s obvious this team is taking a step back before hopefully taking 2 steps forward.

...better without him?

The shortsighted answer is, "Yes." But this team is not a final four squad without Esa. Huggs will get them to figure it out. It's nice to be in the top 10 and all, but unlike football, winning a national championship takes playing your best in March and April. What you do in January helps a little with seeds, but I trust Huggs will figure it out.
I think clearly the chemistry is changed with him in the lineup. I also agree the chemistry will develop with play. The goal is to peak in March, not January.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
We need more quality depth and he gives us that. I thought his shot would suffer but that didn’t happen. It does look like he is slow on D and his ball handling has rust on it. This team needs scoring and he give us that.

but could chemistry be...

Maybe, but no. The whole team has been in a shooting slump for 3 or 4 games.

Esa is our best player........
Esa is good but is he WV's best player? The best players step up when the game is on the line. Still waiting on Esa to step up. WV's best player just may be Konate with Teddy Allen a close second! Carter loses a lot in my opinion when he starts throwing up the off balance and not square to the basket ozark type shots near the end of the game. This type action guarantees a loss! Warez

Last edited:
Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
but could chemistry be...

Maybe, but no. The whole team has been in a shooting slump for 3 or 4 games.
Yes, the whole offense is out of rhythm. Are you sure Esa is not at least part of the cause?

Esa is not our best player. At least I hope that’s not true. The guy can’t dribble, seems to get lost when he drives into the lane and just struggles for stretches. I have heard people say he has been practicing with the team so surely it is not a matter of reps. He has talent and has shown glimpses of being special, he just has very little consistency and doesn’t seem to be the guy to carry this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT