ADVERTISEMENT

Equifax Data Breach

Last edited:
lol...

Am I still at risk?

Yes, identity theft continues to grow at an alarming rate.
But you can look after your personal information 24/7.

Email Address...Completed
Medical IDs...Not Scanned
Social Security Number...Not Scanned
Bank Accounts...Not Scanned
Phone Numbers...Not Scanned
Credit & Debit Cards...Not Scanned
Driver’s License...Not Scanned
Passport...Not Scanned

Start Your Free 30-Day Trial
then just $9.99/month*

*A credit card is required to start your free 30-day trial membership1 in Experian IdentityWorksSM Plus. You may cancel your trial membership at any time within 30 days without charge. If you decide not to cancel, your membership will continue and you will be billed $9.99 each month for Experian IdentityWorksSM Plus. You may easily cancel your trial membership online anytime within the trial period without charge.

Additional actions you can take

see the s on the end of the http ?

that means 'secure'...

anytime you do a transaction online...

make SURE the S is there...

see the s on the end of the http ?

that means 'secure'...

anytime you do a transaction online...

make SURE the S is there...

Yep, know all about that. But if hackers could get in to Equifax, pretty sure that was "secure" too.

They wait 3 weeks to notify the public? And I heard their CFO dumped all his stock in the company last week (another top exec did as well)? Criminal junk, imo.

They wait 3 weeks to notify the public? And I heard their CFO dumped all his stock in the company last week (another top exec did as well)? Criminal junk, imo.
The latter is illegal. It's insider training. You have to wait until info is released tobtge public.

I learned a little more yesterday about this one. The hackers mostly stole SSN, addresses, DOB, etc. You know, all the things you need to open accounts. It didn't sounds like they got many CC. If I were you I would sign up for one of these free credit monitoring products like credit karma. You may also consider freeing your credit so no one but you can open an account.

Has anyone from Equifax....like, say, CEO Richard Smith, or CFO John Gamble (who was one of the three who sold ahead of the bad news)......taken the gas yet for this abortion ?? IMO, at the very least, the Big 3 (plus Smith) need to pay with their professional lives (and not the braves in the IT labs).

Reactions: Boomboom521
Has anyone from Equifax....like, say, CEO Richard Smith, or CFO John Gamble (who was one of the three who sold ahead of the bad news)......taken the gas yet for this abortion ?? IMO, at the very least, the Big 3 (plus Smith) need to pay with their professional lives (and not the braves in the IT labs).

Are you kidding? They will have a golden parachute plan of MILLIONS (if not BILLIONS), so what if they end their "professional lives". Seize their profits from the sell of stock..........

Jail!

It's not insider trading if you are an insider of the company is it?
100%

For instance, I knew a couple of weeks prior to formal notification of the public that we had won a contract which gave us a bump on our stock price. If I would have even dorked with my 401k allocations it would be illegal.

Conversely, if I had worked for VW and knew of the report that was released that detailed all of the fraud in their testing and sold off my stock before an official public release (expose stories count), that would have also qualified as insider trading.

In both instances, you are acting on inside information.

100%

For instance, I knew a couple of weeks prior to formal notification of the public that we had won a contract which gave us a bump on our stock price. If I would have even dorked with my 401k allocations it would be illegal.

Conversely, if I had worked for VW and knew of the report that was released that detailed all of the fraud in their testing and sold off my stock before an official public release (expose stories count), that would have also qualified as insider trading.

In both instances, you are acting on inside information.
This is very accurate description.

Another way is called tipping. If in the above situation if you were to even allude to a situation to a friend or family member and they made a trade it would be insider trading.

At this time? Due process. Let's see where we are in 18 months.
The Senate has already called for an investigation. I don't the details about the transaction. If it were part of an automated trade (monthly sale or purchase on the same date) then I think it would be allowed (I could be wrong here). If they stopped an automated transaction then that wouldn't be allowed.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT