ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk blasts Google...

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
over omission of Trump assassination search suggestions:

Musk suggested that Google's omission of search functions for the assassination attempt against former President Trump may be improper.
Musk took to social media to highlight that Google Search's autocomplete feature omitted results relating to the July 13 shooting. Google has denied taking any action to limit the results.

"Wow, Google has a search ban on President Donald Trump." Musk wrote. "Election interference?"

"They’re getting themselves into a lot of trouble if they interfere with the election," he wrote in a follow-up post.

A Google spokesperson said that there was no "manual action taken on these predictions."
"Our systems have protections against Autocomplete predictions associated with political violence, which were working as intended prior to this horrific event occurring," the spokesperson wrote. "We’re working on improvements to ensure our systems are more up to date."

Screenshots from Google showed recommended search results of the failed assassination of former President Reagan and the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, whose death sparked World War I, the shooting of Bob Marley and the failed attempt on former President Ford.

I use Google all the time and used it right after the Trump assassination attempt...What Musk said about info not found using Google IS TRUE...And the info in the last paragraph is what I also found.
Google has now fixed the issue.

• Wow
Reactions: moe
That's one out of several.

Iran trying to sabotage Trump's presidential campaign: US intelligence​

Tehran using 'vast webs of online personas and propaganda mills' against Trump​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT