ADVERTISEMENT

šŸ”„šŸ”„BREAKINGšŸ”„šŸ”„ Elijah Macon will sign with an agent and turn pro -- his statement

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
First things first I would like to say Thank you Bob Huggins And Erik Martin for believing in a young 15 year old boy growing up from the Southside of Columbus, OH losing my mother and still having you guys push me to be the man I have become I can do nothing but thank you for all you and Mountaineer Nation has done for me unfortunately I will not be returning for my senior season at WVU and instead sign with a agent and play professional basketball thank you guys for all the love and support!!!
#MOUNTAINEERFORLIFE
1f44c_1f3fe.png

I'm assuming Europe? I don't get this one. The light started to turn on for him at the end of last season and he's a good athlete who could be a small ball center in today's NBA if he worked on his handle and outside shooting.

A lot of guys declare when they feel they have shown what they are and don't see a higher spot for themselves a year later. I don't think that was his case. He would have been a major contributor next season IMO.

Reactions: wvujake
I'm assuming Europe? I don't get this one. The light started to turn on for him at the end of last season and he's a good athlete who could be a small ball center in today's NBA if he worked on his handle and outside shooting.

A lot of guys declare when they feel they have shown what they are and don't see a higher spot for themselves a year later. I don't think that was his case. He would have been a major contributor next season IMO.
For selfish reasons I wanted him to stay. From what I understand, he is finishing up his bachelor's degree, and playing overseas. This may be his best chance to make some decent money for his family. Some of the European players can make a good living. I don't know if the NBA could ever be in the cards for Elijah. I hope I am proven wrong on the NBA quote...

He was never making the NBA and if by some Herculean effort he somehow did, his decision to leave or stay at WVU would be irrelevant in making that jump. Dude is like 24 this isn't surprising he is looking to get paid while he still can play

He was never making the NBA and if by some Herculean effort he somehow did, his decision to leave or stay at WVU would be irrelevant in making that jump. Dude is like 24 this isn't surprising he is looking to get paid while he still can play

Makes sense

Hate to see how many of our players are okay with going to Europe and not holding out hope for an NBA career. Don't mistake what I'm saying, I'm happy for them either way but the NBA should be any player's goal. Now if you don't have the talent then it's understandable.

Hate to see how many of our players are okay with going to Europe and not holding out hope for an NBA career. Don't mistake what I'm saying, I'm happy for them either way but the NBA should be any player's goal. Now if you don't have the talent then it's understandable.

A players goal should be doing what gives him the best chance at a quality career and good life. If he thought the NBA was a practical option he'd pursue it.

Well, he can still work on his handle and shooting as a FULL TIME professional basketball player, right?

As a 4th year junior he was the 3rd best player on a good but hardly great basketball team, it's safe to say he didn't have the talent and being a 5th year senior next year doesn't make him more appealing simply due to age even if he fixed some issues with his offensive game which is not a given. Might as well work on his flaws and get paid for it than stick around here and be a very old unpaid college basketball player

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT