ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Eilert reflects on time atop the West Virginia program thus far

I agree that the record is not a reflection of the coaching this year. I know I'm in the minority with that opinion on message Boards as those that post typically blame everything on the coach and rarely can explain their position. Today's society with internet warriors.

However, I don't believe it is in the best interest of the program and the AD future vision to make Eilert permanent without doing a complete and open search. Eilert may be the best candidate after that is done but the university owes it to themselves and fanbase to hire the best candidate available.

I agree that the record is not a reflection of the coaching this year. I know I'm in the minority with that opinion on message Boards as those that post typically blame everything on the coach and rarely can explain their position. Today's society with internet warriors.

However, I don't believe it is in the best interest of the program and the AD future vision to make Eilert permanent without doing a complete and open search. Eilert may be the best candidate after that is done but the university owes it to themselves and fanbase to hire the best candidate available.
Eilert will not return, there is no question about that.

Eilert will not return, there is no question about that.
I'm far from the inner circle of anything with WVU. Interesting you know enough to say that on your website. I trust you know enough to be comfortable in making that statement and is appreciated.

I'm far from the inner circle of anything with WVU. Interesting you know enough to say that on your website. I trust you know enough to be comfortable in making that statement and is appreciated.
Quite honestly it was never a possibility. It took the staff a month or two into the season before they realized it. I don't think many people understand how little experience Josh and his staff have. Josh, along with several others, will be given the courtesy of an interview but WVU will be hiring someone with far more experience.

Just to be clear this is nothing personal to me (I really like Josh) and I'm not only basing this on my opinion. I talk about it on the 'Blue Lot but not a lot publicly because of recruiting but we've reached the point now that it's time to focus on the future.

Reactions: ErieEER

Many mistakes have been made by this staff. Eilert is not in anyway the best candidate for this job.

Many mistakes have been made by players as well due to the fact of only caring about their own stats. Which this also falls on coaching as their is no accountability for players who go against team. If you're making several mistakes and bad decisions in a row causing poor play in the game then you should be held accountable and benched until determined if you learned from the mistake of not being a team.

True Eilert was put in a bad position and odds of being successful were slim. This was not his fault but should in no way give him another year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT