ADVERTISEMENT

During the 2016 Presidential election - did the US media back one candidate over the other?

rog1187

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Did they base their reporting to the public in a fashion that seemingly supported one candidate over the other? Did they push the narrative to support one candidate over the other?

If the answer is yes, then there are your Americans trying to influence an election.

Reactions: EEResistable
Did they base their reporting to the public in a fashion that seemingly supported one candidate over the other? Did they push the narrative to support one candidate over the other?

If the answer is yes, then there are your Americans trying to influence an election.
Does this help answer the question?
images

Reactions: lenny4wvu

So, FoxNews backed Hillary or Bernie?

That's truly stupid.

Reactions: CpEER
Does this help answer the question?
images
That pic of the co-conspirator blitzer,was what fit it for me.. the bias was out of the bag at that time ...BIG TIME!! I haven't watched the Corrupted "News" Network since.. literally ,I have not watched one minute of there "reporting" since..

Reactions: mneilmont
And Brietbart?

And Newsmax?

And Drudge Report?

And New York Post?

And Washington Times?

And TownHall?

And Newsbusters?

And Rush Limbaugh?

And Alex Jones?

And The Heritage Foundation?
That’s awesome that you elevate those shit organizations to that of CNN, NBC, ABC, etc.

Reactions: rog1187

I think it should be noted that Trump got a ton of free air time on pretty much every news outlet during the primaries. He called into all of them, and he got on the air that way because he was good for ratings.

Anyone who uses the major cable outlets for their news is not getting the news. They are getting what is good for ratings for those outlets.

I think it should be noted that Trump got a ton of free air time on pretty much every news outlet during the primaries. He called into all of them, and he got on the air that way because he was good for ratings.

Anyone who uses the major cable outlets for their news is not getting the news. They are getting what is good for ratings for those outlets.

I agree. I've said that the media including the left leaning media, blew up his campaign by giving the idiot tons of free air time. He was good for ratings. MSM ate the "show" up.

No. There were lots of Americans trying to influence the 2016 election, see the candidate's ads and Citizens United.

No. There were lots of Americans trying to influence the 2016 election, see the candidate's ads and Citizens United.
Thing is - media is there to report the news, not be the news. They used their access to tv and print to try and influence the election.

Thing is - media is there to report the news, not be the news. They used their access to tv and print to try and influence the election.
That's your opinion. Trump loves attention of any kind. He made lots of outrageous statements and every campaign stop was a media circus. He got lots of criticism for his statements and actions. You can view that however you want.

That's your opinion. Trump loves attention of any kind. He made lots of outrageous statements and every campaign stop was a media circus. He got lots of criticism for his statements and actions. You can view that however you want.
It's my view that news organizations are there to report the news and not create it? I'm pretty sure that is the correct view and not just an opinion. Once they start basing reporting efforts start leaning so far in one direction, their designation as purely a news outlet is diminished.

It's my view that news organizations are there to report the news and not create it? I'm pretty sure that is the correct view and not just an opinion. Once they start basing reporting efforts start leaning so far in one direction, their designation as purely a news outlet is diminished.
No. You say that news outlets showed favoritism for one candidate over another and I say they didn't and I explained my position above.

No. You say that news outlets showed favoritism for one candidate over another and I say they didn't and I explained my position above.
Your theory is correct if you subscribe to the “all coverage, even negative coverage, is positive coverage”. However, if they’re going wall to wall on Trump and then spending the next 2 hours inaccurately bashing, chastising his supporters and they “backwards beliefs”, it’s likely not good. And let’s not pretend on the “why” of going wall to wall with him. They thought it would actually help Hillary by showing everyone nonstop what a racist, sexist, xenophobe he and his supporters were.

Lol, you won, get over it. Your theories are so stupid. But you are broadening that base!

I’m having a hard time with you using jest instead of gist in that context. Jk
Yes...you got me on that one.....I'll try do do better.....But just keep in mind.....I don't have all the degrees that Country has.

ITT: people who don’t know the difference between American citizens who are allowed to vote in US elections and Russian intelligence officers who are not.

Quite an impressive display in mental gymnastics.

Also, OP never watched Chuck Todd not even once. And OP also refuses to acknowledge the priceless free publicity the liberal main stream evil (((SOROS))) media gave to trump on an hourly basis. Can’t have it both ways. These television execs have openly admitted that trump was good for business. You can’t acknowledge that and then claim they were biased against him. It was trump 24/7 in 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT