ADVERTISEMENT

Dukes Mayo? How do we end up in a non-Big12 Bowl?

Payout about the same as the Liberty Bowl. If they pick VT as our opponent, there should be pretty healthy attendance. Odds of crappy weather are probably pretty good.

6-6 VT is a lose lose, beat them and it's expected, lose and we suck. Also not going to attract many new recruits.
Any bowl we could play in this year would be meaningless to the general US football population, but meaningful to WVU fans. A win over VT would be especially meaningful to our fans, although a win over any of these opponents would be good. We probably compete for recruits with VT more than the other schools mentioned.

You can be upset, and we’re still going to the Mayo bowl, or you can just enjoy watching WVU one more time this season. Either way, we’re going to the Mayo Bowl.

I’m looking forward to the game.

Any bowl we could play in this year would be meaningless to the general US football population, but meaningful to WVU fans. A win over VT would be especially meaningful to our fans, although a win over any of these opponents would be good. We probably compete for recruits with VT more than the other schools mentioned.

You can be upset, and we’re still going to the Mayo bowl, or you can just enjoy watching WVU one more time this season. Either way, we’re going to the Mayo Bowl.

I’m looking forward to the game.
I’m pretty pumped too. Just wish we knew who we were playing.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
Bowl games these days are ALL overrated, just being honest. Too many players "opting out". All the focus is on the playoff and New Years' Six games. I'm happy for staying on the East Coast, especially Charlotte. Good for WVU fans. And the opponent is UNC, which means a quality team that will also bring tons of fans.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
That is worse than the Liberty Bowl, just another cold weather crappy lack of interest and desire to travel to game. Can't see that as a reward to players or fans.
They sold us like whores because the SEC teams did not meet all their obligation.

Looks possible for a top 25 finish, so if we can beat UNC, that would be icing on the cake.
A UNC team that finished 2-4 after a 6-0 start. Seems like a possibility to get a win. But could also get our butts whipped because of their QB and our weak D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT